MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 819

Are there any MT4 or MT5 programmers living on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland who are interested in collaborating on the development of a profitable EA?
As a Money Manager I am wondering where to post results on here, new to the site but certainly not MT4
Hi. Looks like this is more difficult to program than i thought. Can anybody help me out, I'm not a coder. Calculation formula: http://s7.directupload.net/images/120606/osbbr34k.png The result would look like that: http://s7.directupload.net/images/120608/vmvohgeo.png Thanks!!
Hi I know this was discussed before but I wanted to ask about the macd indicator included in mt4 I clearly see the indicator does not display the crosses at the same locations as the typical macd indicators in all other charts. I understand there have been truemacd replacements for this but wondered
If you use while in place of if or vice versa. Does it make difference?
Hi guys, I´m trying to backtest a manual trading system on 2013 year. As I have the date/hour/minute of every open and close trade, after lots of hour of work, I´ve succeeded in backtesting it on Excel in terms of profit only. As you know, I system can not be evaluated just buy its profit. I need to...
Hi Guys, when I stopped my MT4 application and lunched it on the next day it downloaded all history data till the moment. I noticed that my indicator showed only one value /in red ellipse /, so i had to re-run it in order to re-calculate all received history data. What have to be changed in the code...
To reference the currency pair within which you have found candles, trades, patterns etc. with specified conditions given in your program logic are occuring, what is the MQL4 term that you would reference? i.e. how do you reference the field 'eurusd', 'usdjpy', 'gbpusd' within an MQL4 program?
[Deleted]
Hi, I've just setup MT4 on Ubuntu. Now trying to activate my (purchased) EA's. When I right click and select attach to chart, nothing happens. Built in EAs work fine ie MACD sample. Has anyone else had issues / been successful with Ubuntu EAs
We are currently doing a huge amount of work to upgrade the MetaTrader 4 client terminal. Here are the changes to come: Complete replacement of MQL4 and MetaEditor 4 with common MQL5 and MetaEditor components Instead of working on MQL4 -> MQL5 compatibility, we decided to do the opposite. We
Stopped by this site, bored. No interesting topics. It used to be more interesting. So I decided to diversify the topics a bit. I can't get comfortable with my world view. Maybe someone can help me understand it. Misunderstanding #1. Scientists say the universe is expanding, galaxies are scattering
i want my ea open order in 5m and it can't open order again the same candle, if it was open an order in this candle. how can i do this ? and what can i write for this subject to the search button ??
  help with my code SMA  (11   1 2)
Hello, I have a problem with my code. I'm trying to use two sma (4.9), and when they reach the intersection of two open a position, the first candle goes well but in others no achievement to come out. I'm doing wrong? Another question is how when I have to make buy or sell, the theory says that when...
  back test  (3)
i use my meta trader back test but it start 15 march 2013. F2/ and i download eur/usd but it's not change. because my brokarage is so new. what can i do to back test example 2 or more years ??
Seasonal Greetings What is mq4 best way of predicting the next bars high and low?
Hi, all: I want to calculate the WPR value of a detrended price series. First, I use an indicator buffer to store the detrended price series. But to simplify the question, I directly transfer the raw prices to the buffer. Export the so called "detrended price series" into the chart, we can see it's...
Order of the forecast. 1 - H1 (Getting to know the current market situation). 2 - M30 (More similar familiarity with the current market environment). 3 - M15 (Relating to the main trade. Identification of the "course" of trading (17:00)). 4 - M5 (Main trade (19:00 to 21:00). Adjust main positions
[Deleted]
I'm using Metatrader 4 (Android) and have a Problem with my Candlesticks. I can't see any Candlestick shadows and I can't see this crosshair. It look's like the lines are white (on white background). I'm using a Sony Xperia Z at the moment. 
[Deleted]
  THE IDEA EXCHANGE  (359   1 2 3 4 5 ... 35 36)
Sometimes a "creative" crisis sets in and you start scouring the literature and other people's work in search of a fresh or well-forgotten idea. Let's create something like an "Idea Bank" and in this thread will share ideas about trading / autotrading. Ideas are different, new or not very good for
[Deleted]
Hi guys. consider the following line of code: iRSI(SymbolName, PERIOD_D1, 14, PRICE_TYPICAL, 0); if SymbolName is english text, then when I test it the function returns a number, but if it is a persian string it always returns zero. but if I use symbol() function on the same persian symbol chart,...
[Deleted]
Hello, this code is supposed to caclulate the realtive lenght of the whick versus the body of the candle - and after that calculate and visualize an average for a short and a longer period of that I am very new to coding (I suppose I couldn't hide it even if I wanted :)))))) ) - so please show me...
  pollan  (11   1 2)
pollan,what is wrong .?
[Deleted]
can anybody tell me how to create an arrow on a price chart when a particular conditionis met. for eg... if the ADX value isl less than +DI there should be an arrow on the pricechart at this particular price. I am tryin to use ObjectCreate("arrowi",OBJ_ARROW,0,timeofbar,0) but its of no use....
[Deleted]
See the evidence below, Trade #38414, resulted in a profit of $481,700 trading 10 lots of EURUSD. This picture evidence attest to Meta Trader 4 backtesting quality (and this platform is downloaded from Meta Trader itself). A picture is worth a thousand word
hi, i know how about mt5 but... i tried to test indicators on mt4, but i dont arrive when i try demo indicators, i see nothing about indi in my mt4... thx js
I am running an EA in Strategy Tester without using visualization mode. Once it is complete I can see the results in the Results/Graph/Report/Journal tabs but I do not get the charts to display. I thought that as long as trades were executed when running Strategy Tester that the charts would be...
I wanted to ask the community who calculates the speed of price change . Mostly it's news candlesticks. One application is the action of the EA when there is a strong price change over a short period of time For example: Strong news comes out, and it's sensible to either remove the TP - and then set
Hello, I would like know if there is some possibility to get data from different accounts on the same EA. Thank you in advance!
Hi, this EA should close 50% of the position when TP1 is reached and modify the order by placing the stoploss to breakeven and setting TP2 as the take profit for the other 50%. Unfortunately it doesn't work at all... Maybe somebody could help?...
I have steve nison candle scanner for mt4 but somehow it is not working could any programmer help me with that I will attack the files Pls Anyone could fix it