I am plagued by questions of the universe - page 5

Sepulca:

I read the article with great interest, but here I cannot agree with the authors

Here, it is believed to be proven that electricity in metals is carried by free electrons. That's true, but it's far from the whole truth. In the best conductors, even at limiting currents, the speed of advance of a swarm of free electrons does not exceed a few millimeters per second [P1,K1]. Now imagine: a long two-wire line with a discharged capacitor connected to the far leads. And on the near leads we suddenly apply constant voltage. It is well known: after this application, the voltage on the capacitor (reduced due to the voltage drop on the line) will appear lightning-fast - after a time equal to the length of the line divided by the speed of light.

First of all, of course, the first electron from the battery will not reach the capacitor. You've seen a train move. In fact, there's a nudge from the next one to the previous one. It's well known: after this nudge, the voltage on the capacitor willappear lightning fast . But no way, transients have never been cancelled))))

Wrong, the voltage on a capacitor cannot appear instantaneously. Another thing is on an inductive coil or resistor.

Sepulca:

I read the article with great interest, but here I cannot agree with the authors

Here, it is believed to be proven that electricity in metals is carried by free electrons. That's true, but it's far from the whole truth. In the best conductors, even at limiting currents, the speed of advance of a swarm of free electrons does not exceed a few millimeters per second [P1,K1]. Now imagine: a long two-wire line with a discharged capacitor connected to the far leads. And on the near leads we suddenly apply constant voltage. It is well known: after this application, the voltage on the capacitor (reduced due to the voltage drop on the line) will appear lightning-fast - after a time equal to the length of the line divided by the speed of light.

First of all, of course, the first electron from the battery will not reach the capacitor. You've seen a train move. In fact, there's a nudge from the next one to the previous one. It's well known: after this nudge, the voltage on the capacitor willappear lightning fast . But no way, transients have never been cancelled))))

Of course nobody cancelled line inductance, and the example is such for simplicity of perception, BUT!
The author introduces another concept to explain electric current (movement of electric charges), to which electron displacement (or shifting of their chain like a train) has practically nothing to do. But it perfectly explains the effect of a permanent magnet and superconductivity of HTSP ceramics, which is far from zero resistance to an ordinary tester.

>

gpwr:

Stopped by this site, bored. No interesting topics. It used to be more interesting. So I decided to diversify the topics a bit. There is no way I can calm down such misunderstandings of the worldview. Maybe somebody can help me understand it.

Misunderstanding #1. Scientists say the universe is expanding, galaxies are scattering in different directions. What about the stars - are they spreading out too? What about planets? Atoms? I saw a documentary. A scientist was demonstrating how the universe is expanding. He drew circles of galaxies on a rubber square. Then he pulled the corners. The circles scattered. Then aligned one circle before stretching with the same circle after stretching and showed how all the other circles ran away from our circle. And the farther the circle was from ours, the farther it ran away. It all made sense. But the circles also increased in size in such an experiment. So we're all expanding, our atoms are scattering, etc. But if everything in the universe is increasing in size, then our ruler, by which we measure the distance, also grows in proportion to everything. So any distance measured by our growing ruler does not change. Thus, it is impossible to measure the expansion of the Universe, as any standard (ruler) of such measurement also grows. It turns out that the universe is not expanding, at least from the point of view of an observer inside this universe. Maybe someone can clarify. Then I will ask the second, more difficult question.

So far the only physical proof of galaxy expansion is redshift, purely mathematically.

Sepulca:

The only physical evidence so far for galaxies running apart is redshift, purely mathematically.

And you wanted a written testimony of the "scattering" from the galaxies themselves with notarization?

Sepulca:

The only physical evidence so far for galaxies running apart is redshift, purely mathematically.

It's the kind of life anyone would run away from..... Not like galaxies..... Ticking away wherever their eyes can see.

solar:

Anybody could run away from this life..... It's not like the galaxies..... They go wherever they want to go.

Emigrating, the bastards.

Well, we'll get to them with a pickaxe, all right.

FAGOTT:

Did you want a notarised certificate of "scattering" from the galaxies themselves?

I didn't want anything, especially from the galaxies)) Just basic physics.

If galaxies are moving, at speeds comparable to the speed of light, then if we run apart, the view of the galaxies shifts towards red

if we're scattering, then we're moving towards purple.

Dersu:

They emigrate.

They're just afraid of people getting to them. With humans it's like... ? That is, until they saw it all to pieces, blow it up and drill it out, they won't rest. They will also dissect and lobotomize. In general, they have understood that this galactic affair is uneasy, and they are scattered. But it doesn't matter, soon our heroes will build some so-called star clunker and they will kick something or other somewhere. The main thing in this business is the process - the main thing is to blow up, and then we will study it.

moskitman:

ITAK: Ladies and gentlemen! (Ta-da-da-mm!!!) For the first time in the arena of this circus! A strategic mistake in modern physics

"Scandalous" articles :-)) He's got a lot of similar ones out there. And this article is a distillation of all his opuses. Very useful and informative!

Sepulca:

I didn't mean anything by it, especially from the galaxies)) Just basic physics.

If galaxies are moving, at speeds comparable to the speed of light, then if we run apart, the view of the galaxies shifts towards red

If we're running away, then we're moving towards purple.

Not sure about 'comparable', but yes, the Doppler effect. Only who's to say it's a shift and not their true 'colour', eh?
Reason: