THE IDEA EXCHANGE - page 5

leonid553:

No, Figar0, - I didn't squeeze it at all! It just suddenly seemed that the idea was of little interest to those present and unpromising... So I deleted my post.

I'm not the best of my findings so far too, why so modest). For some people it may be of little interest and lack perspective, but for someone will be a good source of income.

Z.I. The picture with Envelopes is really interesting.

For those who are interested, the NonLogMA indicator (available in Code Base) is used in the picture

We put two indicators on the chart and set the Deviation=0. 1 and = "-0.1" set the deviation of the upper and lower limits. Period = 34 - .... or more

forexigrok:

There are plenty of ideas. It's just a matter of getting it right.

Forexigrok, please elaborate on your idea. It is difficult to judge from the chart concretely. I see DT-Sigzag. How does it interact with other indicators?

NYROBA:

Matemat, what do you think about closing trades with small take profits? Are semi-automatic or automatic realisable in practice?
Files:

capr:
NYROBA:

Matemat, what do you think about closing trades with small take profits? Are semi-automatic or automatic realisable in practice?

Can you elaborate on that?

Figar0:

I have another subset of this idea: the market is conventionally divided into 3 phases: 1.UPTREND 2.DOWNTREND 3.FLAT. For each of these phases of the market (for the first and second, one EA will do), we select an EA whose task is to chop a cabbage on "his field", and not to lose money on someone else's one (that's all). And then there are 2 options: either parallelize them all, each of which works with its own orders, or transfer the order management from one to the other estimating the current situation. Of course it may come down to "Who knows what is around the bend?", but taking into account that the change of trend (especially on higher TFs) occurs less frequently than its continuation, and all we have to do is to earn more than to lose, it may work.

Z.U. I am going to try it now.

I have tried it and the phases have not turned out so: 1. Small movements 2. Large moves. I have not found a suitable "humane" Pips handler for the flat. I have put together the parameters selection for December 2006 and forward for the whole 2007 up to date. The result is encouraging, taking into account that the optimization has been performed quite tentatively using only one parameter for each phase and only for 1 month
Files:
3exp.zip  22 kb

NYROBA:
capr:
NYROBA:

Matemat, what do you think about closing trades with small take profits?

Can you elaborate on that?

What do you mean by more detail? This is a programmers forum. I have posted a procedure for closing an order at any TP (even 1 pips). That is, when an order is placed, the TP is either not placed, or is placed the one that the broker allows, and when the price reaches the desired small TP, an order will be placed to close the order at that price. Another thing is that the broker may not execute it. This is an automatic or semi-automatic order to trade small profits. This idea has been tried and failed since 50 successful orders with TP of 2-5 points account for one or two with losing 200-500 points. Although winwin would have been able to keep the orders closed longer with this approach.

leonid553:
forexigrok:

There are plenty of ideas. It's just a matter of getting it right.

Forexigrok, please elaborate on your idea. It is difficult to judge from the chart concretely. I see DT-Sigzag. How it interacts with other indicators?

The long stochastic indicates a significant trend and its reversal (depending on the TF), and the shallow entry point in its direction. Lines are drawn manually for visualization. In addition, I would like to tie everything to Elliott waves.

Figar0:
Who says it's so simple and cloudless?) It's just an idea. ... Here's an EA's state where this idea is implemented to the letter. I haven't used it that way, it took me about a month or two to get it right (real account)
On the one hand, the man says that it works in real trading, and I believe him. On the other hand, I have always followed the advice to study mathematics, and on that side I see that it cannot work. It's a zero-sum game. It's not even a martingale, where we move the moose into the low probability zone and take pennies off before the moose comes in and nullifies the whole game.

I have an idea (one of the most reliable Forex trading strategies): to create a VC and profit from spreads and plummets. :)