THE IDEA EXCHANGE - page 2

Figar0:

My idea, I'll get started...

The idea is old, but for some reason not widespread in implementation, I use it myself, it works quite well with some strategies. Exit only by Take Profit. If you guessed right from the direction - get initially planned take profit, if not - tighten TP following the price (you can use different algorithms - loops, rubber bands, level indicators, etc.) In this case, the take may be negative, but it is often much more profitable than the triggering of a stop loss. An insurance stoploss to limit huge losses is not prohibited.

Do you have any results with take profit exit?

NYROBA:
forexigrok wrote (a) The question is how to count Elliott waves. Use a program? I think with waves the main thing is money management. The beauty of waves is that the stops are close.

It's not how to count waves, but which period to consider. If you analyse waves on a yearly basis, then the stops won't be quite bizco... :)

I'm referring to the reversal play. Waves can be found all the way down to the minute charts. Personally, I am not an investor. ...

Another at first, second, etc. - delusional idea, a fried beard, meet - "A no-loss system with elementsof martingale for the poor"!

1. Expose the initial position ---- open 4 orders - Buy, Buy, Sell, Sell at the same time.
2. Suppose the price goes up. When Buy + Buy > Sell, we close three orders with a profit. 3.
There is one losing Sell order left. Since the profit has been taken as a result of the price going upwards, we open two orders again, buy, sell, and on the level of the unprofitable price set a pending Sell Stop order.
a) The price goes upwards. In this case we again place point 2 (BAY+BAY) and set the SELL-STOP. 2 - ( Buy + Buy > Sell, we close it with profit). Only one Pending Sell Stop Order remains in the position. The position is fully closed and we proceed with point 1 again.
b) The price goes down and activates a SELL STOP which is similar to step 1 (4 orders BAY, BAY, SELL, BOY) but the only difference is that BAY, BAY have been moved to the position to take profit and spread from SELL, BOY. Then again with point 2.
The idea is given as I first heard it from pidchybii on the Alpari forum. Bullshit? - Delusional... And if I tell you that based on its motives I finally succeeded in writing an Expert Advisor that successfully works in my real account for over a year - would you believe me? And this is exactly so...

forexigrok:
I think there is more psychology in the market than mathematics

This was the case in Grandpa Elder's time.

forexigrok писал (а): I am referring to the pivot play. Waves can be found all the way down to the minute charts. Personally, I am not an investor. ...

Let's better talk about something concrete that can be implemented. U-turns, waves - concepts are so vague (in real-time, of course), that they are all not just ideas, but some kind of meta-ideas, far from real implementation in the robot code. To be specific, the branch won't turn into a fruitless rant about philosophical principles of being...

German has a good idea, I mean Wynwyn.

But his Expert Advisor trades only at night and catches only 1 pip on EUR/GBP, which is the "weakest" currency pair.

I decided to extend his idea and go even further, namely, chose the most dynamic currency pairs with JPY

and I trade only in the daytime. I wait for the "suitable" wave - I open positions and set small take profits,

depending on the length of the wave. For 5 days I got interesting results, depo increase is over 100%.

You may look here:

s.s. Of course it's too early to talk about a full-fledged strategy, but I think there is still some work to be done,

For example a stop loss. :)

Figar0:

Another at first, second, etc. - delusional idea, a fried beard, meet - "A no-loss system with elementsof martingale for the poor"!

1. Expose the initial position ---- open 4 orders - Buy, Buy, Sell, Sell at the same time.
2. Suppose the price goes up. When Buy + Buy > Sell, we close three orders with a profit. 3.
There is one losing Sell order left. Since the profit has been taken as a result of the price going upwards, we open two orders again, buy, sell, and on the level of the unprofitable price set a pending Sell Stop order.
a) The price goes upwards. In this case we repeat point 2 (BAY+BAY) and set the SELL-STOP. 2 - ( Buy + Buy > Sell, we close it with profit). Only one Pending Sell Stop Order remains in the position. The position is fully closed and we proceed with point 1 again.
b) The price goes down and activates a SELL STOP which is similar to step 1 (4 orders BAY, BAY, SELL, BOY) but the only difference is that BAY, BAY have been moved to the position to take profit and spread from SELL, BOY. Then again with point 2.
The idea is given as I first heard it from pidchybii on the Alpari forum. Bullshit? - Delusional... And if I tell you that based on its motives I finally succeeded in writing an Expert Advisor that successfully works in my real account for over a year - would you believe me? And this is exactly so...
TEST. The idea is reasonable.

after "opening brackets ...." you can reduce the number of orders to at least two :)

NYROBA:
forexigrok:
I believe there is more psychology in the market than mathematics

What is psychology in the market? Explain it to me.
It would be better to say that mathematics only reflects our psychology. Bill Williams wrote it perfectly: "All commodity markets are created by people whose opinions differ in value, but who agree in price!!!" If I buy EUR for USD, then EUR has more value for me than USD, but for the one who sells it to me it is vice versa. And we are not trading currency, but only our beliefs. I believe that EUR will go up in value, and the seller the opposite.

forexigrok:
NYROBA:
forexigrok:
I believe there is more psychology in the market than mathematics

What is psychology in the market? Explain it to me.
It is more accurate to say that mathematics only reflects our psychology. Bill Williams wrote it perfectly: "All commodity markets are created by people whose opinions disagree on value, but there is agreement on price!!!" If I buy EUR for USD, then EUR has more value for me than USD, but for the one who sells it to me it is vice versa. And we are not trading currency, but only our beliefs. I believe that EUR will go up in value, and the seller the opposite.

And how do you use this in real trading?
Reason: