MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 815

Hello, have an Expert Advisor and can't touch to chart. No error, no message, nothing. (Experts allowed -> others work). When i open the Editor and try to compile it, i get the message : "cannot open the output expert file ". Anyone knows what's going on ? Thank you
[Deleted]
#property copyright "Copyright 2013, B.Y"#property link      "Boaz@UTrade.co.il"#property indicator_chart_window#property indicator_buffers 2#property indicator_color1 Red//---- input parametersextern int       period = 26;extern int       histper = 26;double VID[];double...
the codes are as below: if(OrderSelect(OrdersTotal()-1,SELECT_BY_POS)){ if(OrderSelect(0,SELECT_BY_POS));     if( 2*Stop_Loss > OrderOpenPrice()+ Bid )..............} In the sentence "if(OrderSelect(0,SELECT_BY_POS));" above the codes, that the semicolon--";" is delete or not is obvious different...
Hello, I am having some EA's programmed that place orders on the brokers trading platform. After being stopped out the EA needs to place more orders. In other words it is designed to manage the current position and if stopped out it should re enter based on certain criteria. It seems that when I get...
Hi, may be s.o. here knows an intelligent way that an EA slows down its speed in the strategy tester. I know you can slow down the execution speed manually by the sliding bar beside the 'Visual mode' - but I want the EA to do this by it self!! (Why do I have a computer and a program if I have to do...
Sorry, for this possibly stupid question ... But as I am trading binary options sometimes, I really could use a candle clock timer, which shows the remaining time of a 15 minute candle in a 5 minute chart window ... I have tried modifying some existing indicators I have found on the net, but I...
I wanted to test out a simple closing condition if(accountbalance()<accountequity()) (then I use the close trade close after order select ect, I also used the for loop counting down) I used a guaranteed calling condition, if(60==60) because I am calling the function which contains the if statement...
[Deleted]
  Buy + Sell trading system  (81   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
Hi all! I present to you the trading system "buy + sal". Trading system is made by me personally. It is a locking grid of buy, sal, buy, sal orders.... a width of 400 ....2000 points. The step between the buy and sal orders = 30 points. It is necessary to close a pair of buy and sell orders, in
We have had a problem now a couple of times where the MetaTrader 4 platform has reset after the laptop has restarted. We have now turned off automatic updates on Windows, etc, but the recent shut down occurred after a optimisation had run for six days and the laptop restarted, possibly due to heat,...
New article Creating Non-Lagging Digital Filters has been published at mql5.com: The article describes one of the approaches to determining a useful signal (trend) in stream data. Small filtering (smoothing) tests applied to market quotes demonstrate the potential for creating non-lagging digital...
[Deleted]
Hi All, I have created a custom indicator. It has 5 indicator buffers But am seeing only the one indicator buffer in data window, which has index of 0 I want to see all the indicators in the Data Window. How to do that? Thanks Tahseen
Hi, I am trying to include a money management function in an EA (actuallly it shouldn't be called MM, as it should only calculates how many lots can I buy so that when I hit my stop loss I only loss a certain percentage of my account). I created the EA with a code generator, I`m not a programmer,...
[Deleted]
I need to bypass the firewall restrictions at work. I've used a broker that uses "HTTP tunneling" that, in many cases, will bypass firewall or router restrictions. Is this an option in MT4? If not, what are my options? Thanks for your help . . .
I modified Heiken Ashi to be Yearly Candlestick Chart. But it use Histogram to draw the candles. I want to draw the candle like the real one candle ( not use histogram ), is there any way to do that ? Here I attach the indicator and the image.
When importing minute data into the strategy tester, there is a "SHIFT" factor option. What does this do? I'm importing Data from a broker who uses GMT time data... Daily open/close time... and my broker time is GMT +2 Can I set this "Shift" factor to "2" to have the strategy tester convert...
Hi I am wondering what is going on with my TP level with this ea I'm programming it returns me a tp error on the ordermodify sequence here is the code double takeprofit = 25;double stoploss = 50;double sl;double sldistance;double tp;double tpdistance; // within init      if(Digits==5)...
[Deleted]
Good aftenoon, for cortesy help me convert file ELD TTRADESTATIO to EA MQL4 Thanks Cordially LORENZO
hi, i want to learn the construction of MetaTrader software. As i am newbie to computer programmes, please suggest me some easy language tutorials to follow so that i can understand the working of the software. thank for your time.
Hi Guys Is there any MQL code that i understand last trade is close by TP. I wrote below code but it is not work.Because sometime ClosePrice=TakePrice is not True. I attach picture that u understand that ClosePrice=TakePrice is not always true. How can i solve this problem. double GetLastTrade()...
[Deleted]
Hi there, Firstly, thank you clicking on my post! I've previously tried my hands on writing Indicators (good enough for personal use, despite having no prior training in programming) but, please, assume that I have zero knowledge about programming when answering my queries. I'd like to get started...
hi, I have the problem...when i excute the EA. appear the error " ERROR: code=4059 - function is not allowed in testing mode" double StopLoss=500;double pips = 0.00001;extern double TakeProfit=1000;TicketNumber=OrderSend( Symbol(), OP_BUY, LotSize, Ask, 3, Ask-(StopLoss*pips), Ask+(TakeProfit*pips),...
[Deleted]
Hi, is it possible to save variables which are calculated in an expert advisor even if i close the metatrader and restart the programm? In this case it would be very nice to have the parameters ! If this is not possible is there a chance to whrite the parameters into the log file in case of a
[Deleted]
In case others experience this same issue I was, of not being able to download m1 historical data, I'll post what I had to do to get it. Going into my History folder of mt4, I deleted the downloads folder. Then I deleted the m1 .hst file. After that it did down load the m1 historical data for me.
[Deleted]
Hello Is it possible to install MetaTrader unattended? I would like to run MetaTraderInstaller.exe without having to click any of the prompt boxes Thanks for your help. George
Why is it that downloading the MT4 installer from the MetaQuotes official download location results in software that connects to different servers? I have seen installers that connect to: MetaQuotes DemoAlpariFXCMWhat is the reason behind this (from MetaQuotes' perspective)? Because from user...
[Deleted]
I have very strange case that I never seen it before. First I put an EA on the chart and it starts working fine but after a while I found some thing is going wrong so I decided to turn it off and fix the issue. The strange thing that the EA keep running and still opening more positions "no pending...
[Deleted]
Hi, I've been unable to download m1 EURGBP data this a.m. Just woke up and it was gone. I"ve tried copy/paste .hst files, over from another platform, I've tried deleting all history and downloads in mt4. and I've tried importing .txt files I've downloaded from other sites., I've tried import .hst
Hello! I know we are not allowed to discuss brokers on this forum. But is it ok to discuss broker types, not mentioning the actual firms? What is an ECN broker? What are the main differences between ECN brokers and others? Which type is best? What should I look for and look out for when choosing a...
Hello. I want to display current time frame label on chart. Is there any indicator of it? Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hello mt traders, I am looking for a tool or something like that where i can be informed per email or mobil if the mt4 changes the connection status to offline/restart. There i use a vps i max. want check my mt4 1-2 times a week. Hope someone someone can help.