Crisis: Don't we care? - page 30

Well, yes, there was a story like that recently, I remember. It might well have been true.

знакомый трейдер сейчас процветает! на фоне кризиса ему хорошо

Yes, I know someone like that too (see the conversation on Facebook).

So we take it and then what? We dumped this Alaska to get rid of the steering problems...

ABM is a separate story. it's cool they're fencing off iran... except europe doesn't understand that the first strike will be on them. To disable these systems.

I read about our air force (the Medved plane is called...) they have a range of 10,000 km and 14 missiles (cruise missiles) with nuclear warheads. Old, yes. But it doesn't have the stuffing to point a missile at it... only a line-of-sight missile can be aimed at it. There is a cannon on board ( I don't remember the caliber ) this is not an offensive weapon. We have practically no offensive weapons. But to do something in the world. To raise our voices, we must first sort ourselves out. We have a low rate of innovation in manufacturing, and we are essentially developing with a hammer and sledgehammer. Next we need to solve the problem of inflation, the previous government could not cope with it and Medvedev has established a planning institute, they should present a plan for the country's new development soon... We have a problem with the qualification of workers, and a reduction in the able-bodied population. Corporate debt has reached the Stabilization Fund. These are the problems that will come back to us very soon. And we are worried about some territory.

Mathemat писал(а) >>

Yes, there was a story like that recently, I remember. It might well have been true.

Yeah, I know someone like that, too (see the chat on Facebook).

I don't believe you think Eliot waves work.

johngull писал(а) >>

I wrote from myself.

none of this matters!

understand

You will not be asked and I will not be asked either - next time they divide or collect something.

Where there is power, there is territory.

There is no justice, and there will never be one.

A lion gets old, loses control of the territory. A strong and young lion comes! And all the females stay with him! With the lion cubs!

Prival писал(а) >>

I don't believe you think Eliot waves work.

>> they do work! You can see it in the history...

YuraZ писал(а) >>

work! on the story are super visible...

Everything works on my story ((

It's always great on the story.

Mathemat You have encountered them ... how do they work? If it's not a secret...

Prival >>: I don't believe you think Eliot waves work.

Well it's not that straightforward. It's more like a religion.

The Russian traders are some recognized coryphaei of EWP, who firmly insist that the Elliott Waves are primary, and everything else is secondary. Quite probably so, but with the obligatory spice in the form of additional methods of analysis (Fibs, cycle analysis, even some standard indices). It is very likely that this seasoning is actually more than the base itself, i.e. classic EWP.

Nevertheless, purely for religious reasons, one can continue to argue that EWP is the basis of everything, as it is a beautiful and flashy shell. But that does not invalidate the success of these coryphaei, which in my opinion is based more on extensive experience with the market than on the accuracy of EWP. I think that if you take something beautiful and catchy as a basis, you can always spice it up beyond recognition - but the result is a working system.

On the other hand, software implementations of EWP are dismal (I'm talking about well known robots like ewa). It's actually more of an art than anything precise. Personally, I'm not happy with it: I need a robot.

P.S. Still, there is something rational about EWP. The idea of fractality of the markets, for example (of course, with correction for TF, because waves on small TF are still different than on large ones).

Mathemat писал(а) >>

P.S. Still, there is something rational in EWP. The idea of fractality of the markets, for example (of course, adjusted for TF, because the waves on small TF are still different than on large ones).

I do not know, but I already tend to think that the entire technical analysis is more dead than alive. Of course, when analyzing historical data one can apply any indicator or theory, even MAKD, and get a theoretical profit. But that's how it can help us in the future? All TA (and EWP as well) can be reduced to various price patterns, and search of their statistics on the history (because it is the property of the market to repeat itself that uses TA), and there are periods when it works. But the market constantly tends to reduce any statistical advantage to zero, either because of its harmfulness, or because of such market laws). The profit of the periods, where something works is compensated by periods of loss, and the result also tends to zero in the best case for us. You can use a system based on TA for a long time and obtain profit, but you cannot be sure of this profit tomorrow. And if you cannot do it then it's too shy to trade).