Avalanche - page 450

robi11:

Here's a thought. What do you think?

Write something about closing orders as well. For example, we have reached the planned profit on the second order. Does the first order remain or is it also closed? Or do you mean that the first order is closed simultaneously with the opening of the second one?

khorosh:
Write something about closing orders as well. For example, we have reached the planned profit on the second order. Does the first order stay or is it closed too? Or do you mean that the first order is closed at the same time with the second one?

Yes, sorry, forgot about the closing.

It is closed at SL or TP. Stops are also placed at a high and low. We place buy orders at low prices and sell orders at high prices in such a way that when the next order triggers, the stop loss of the previous order is triggered.

That's an interesting idea. khorosh, would you be willing to write an advisor?

genfed:
That's an interesting idea. khorosh, would you be willing to write an advisor?
I don't have the time yet, but it's worth a try.

I think the customisable parameters can be made as follows:

1. Desired profit in deposit currency per candle.

2. Candle size: false/true

2.1. Minimum size of a candle

2.2. Maximum size of a candle

3. maximum TP size (channel width*n)

4. Candle search time: false/true

4.1. Start

4.2. Finish

(but the Expert Advisor "accompanies" the open orders as planned)

Maybe something is missing?

robi11:

We take each 5-minute candlestick and consider its high and low as borders of the channel, from which the price should exit. And at that When the first order triggers, the price has to go to profit by only one point If we open a dollar account with 0.01 lot, one pip will be 10 cents.

Here's a thought. What do you think?

In addition to this 1 pip, price must at least pass the spread and slippage.

PapaYozh:

In addition to this 1st point, the price must at least pass the spread and slippage value.
Right, that's why I said it's all theory, in practice it will be more complicated. But it is interesting, what will come out of it.) As they say, trying is not torture...

Allow me to insert a few phrases of my own. I myself came to the Avalanche system when I started trading. I tested it a lot, even managed to double my capital several times, but eventually my balance reached zero at an insane rate.
The main problem is limited balance and large drawdown.
How to fight this evil? Recently a thought has occurred to me. How about limiting the drawdown by a stop loss and controlling the number of orders that can be closed with a fixed loss rather than the drawdown level using the balance size?

This is what we have for EURUSD.
The order volume is fixed, for example, 1.
We set orders from the price to the bystop and sellstop after 50 points with a stop loss of 50 points.
We set orders as follows.
Price: 1.4323
Sell Stop order: 1.4300 with stop loss 1.4350; 1.4250 with stop loss 1.4300; 1.4200 with stop loss 1.4250, etc.
Bistop orders: 1.4350 with stop-loss 1.4300; 1.4400 with stop-loss 1.4350; 1.4450 with stop-loss 1.4400, etc.
Once the price reaches one of the orders, opposite orders will not be closed. If the price moves in the opposite direction and closes our order on stoploss, we open the same pending order. And so proceed in all cases after closing of the order on stoploss.
We can close the orders when the first order reaches 300 points or more.

Now a little bit of mathematics.
In this strategy, if the price makes 300 pips, we will get 1050 pips, 400 pips 1800 pips, 500 pips 2750, 600 pips 3900, 1000 pips 10500, 2000 pips 41000 and so on.
But for every profit we have a loss. In our case this is a stop loss. If we divide the profit obtained by 50 points of possible losses, we will obtain the number of breakeven stops on the price movement. For example, for a 300 pips price movement, the amount of lossless stoplosses is 21, 400 is 36, 500 is 55, 600 is 78, 1000 is 210, 2000 is 820.
It turns out that the higher is the balance and longer we stay in the market, the possibility to "sink" capital tends to zero!

This is the trading system I came to after various unsuccessful variations of Avalanche strategy.
Now this strategy is on the testing stage and its use does not guarantee 100% success.

V_l_a_d:
Allow me to insert a few phrases of my own. ...

Not quite clear: are there always only 2 orders? Does the order that has not worked go in the direction of price movement or does it stand still? You better tell us everything to the end :-)))

khorosh:

It is not quite clear: is there always only 2 orders? Is the order that is not triggered trawling towards the price movement or standing still? Let's get the whole story straight:-)))

We set orders to buy and sell by 500 points from the price with a step of 50 points. That is, 10 orders to buy and 10 orders to sell.
If orders are not activated, you may not remove them. Perhaps, they will work out sooner or later. There is no need to trawl anything. The orders with positive balance are closed after one reaches 300 pips or more depending on the market.
Here is a screenshot of my orders.