Traders Forum - page 25

Rich писал (а) >>
2. Sustained. One individual's freedom ends where another's freedom begins.
The kind of freedom you speak of is an illusion, nothing more, because it is unattainable. True freedom is a choice. But few people enjoy it...

Freedom begins with the capacity for duty and responsibility. This is my humble opinion.

KimIV писал (а) >>
That freedom you speak of is an illusion, nothing more, because it is unattainable. True freedom is a choice. But few people enjoy it...

And I would say the CC.

Integer писал (а) >>
Freedom begins with the capacity for duty and responsibility.
Yes, you could say that. I either choose to be responsible for myself and my life, or I don't. Same choice.

Freedom is a simple enough concept.

It is a question of how one understands freedom. And everyone understands it in proportion to their level of personal development.

The freedom to slap people is also freedom. If a person who is used to mocking others, teasing, ridiculing, rubbing their noses in their mistakes, taking pleasure in it every time, is deprived of such an opportunity, then he will quite genuinely believe that his freedom is restricted. And he will feel miserable. And at the first opportunity he will put a button on someone's chair, it's so much fun!

The freedom to respect someone else's religion and dignity, the freedom to empathize with someone else's misfortune, the freedom to strive for higher values - creativity, creation - is also freedom.

There is a choice in the vast majority of cases. The point is that different people have different aspirations.

I don't think any freedom can be an illusion "because it's unattainable". There is a lot of unattainable in our lives, but it is not a sign of illusion.

Real choice begins when one begins to distinguish new concepts, - distinguishing love from lust, friendship from greed, greed from necessity, - low from high. And the necessity of choice manifests itself in proportion to awareness.

--

The choice of high values cannot be somehow justified, proven, rationalized. One can only aspire to the high by comprehending new concepts and acquiring new, even higher, values along the way. The real high is unattainable because our idea of it is constantly transforming. But it is not an illusion. It is reality.

Свобода раздавать подзатыльники - тоже свобода.

If there is such freedom, then there can be such a right... Remembering Don Juan...

Integer писал (а) >>
If there is such freedom, then there can be such a right... >> remembering Don Juan

Absolutely right. And it is there. And it is perceived by some people as a normal right.

It's a question of which way you look at it.

If one strives for the highest, then within the framework of that idea, giving a slap is low behaviour.

If a person is not aware of his place in life and his perception of the world is based on a limited range of notions, such freedom is perceived as normal freedom or even as a good.

It seems you recently recommended Carlos Castaneda to everyone to read, maybe I'm wrong and it wasn't you.

Integer писал (а) >>
It seems not long ago you were recommending Carlos Castaneda to everyone to read, perhaps I'm wrong and it wasn't you.

There are at least two remarkable concepts in KK which he reveals in full colour - the tonal and the nagwal.

The mastery of these concepts can significantly expand the horizons of the worldview.

--

But there is some opposition or objection in your answer. If so, is it an argument in favour of what?

Если да, то это аргумент в пользу чего?

It's not an argument, just a memory of the slaps Don Juan gave to Carlos.