Traders Forum - page 36

geopoint писал (а) >>

Yurixx , if you have a complaint, speak up.

I don't care if they're losing money on forex or earning money. I was referring to the hobo vocabulary.

I'm afraid you took my use of the word "bum" personally. I sincerely regret that, your avatar had nothing to do with it and I like it very much. It's fun and tasteful. So sorry about the tampering. :-)

Your captions, whether I agreed with the meaning or not, have never been objectionable in form. Don't count yourself among all sorts of salacious people who show up for a second to call everyone at once or individually a couple of swear words and, having "self-asserted themselves" in that cheap way, run away.

Hmmm...Just now got a closer look at the geopoint avatar :)

Rosh писал (а) >>

It's not hard to delete, but it took quite a while to find it. If I have to search every time to delete a post like that, no amount of time is enough. I'll delete that post this time, but I can't guarantee I won't miss something like that next time. Too much time and attention has been deleted for a banned offender.

It would be a good idea to put a "Attention of moderator" button next to "Related" and "Reply" in every post. Everyone can click the button to report misbehaving user. If there are several posts within a short period, a moderator will immediately see this and react at his/her own discretion. There is no need to navigate the whole forum.

It would be possible to make two buttons - "+" and "-", and think about displaying statistics under the avatar. A user curses once, all the others will click "-" - and half of the forum will be blocked. For a good cause - for help, supported opinion, etc. - "+". That way you can see the opinion of the community.

SK. писал (а) >>

place an "Attention of the moderator" button.

"Bring avatar to moderator's attention" :)

SK. писал (а) >>

It would be good to put a "Bring to moderator's attention" button next to "Related" and "Reply" in every post.

Technologically it might be nice, but morally .... the other way round.

In the West, the practice of whistleblowing is very well developed, while here (for now) it is considered a bad thing. There is nothing wrong or shameful about putting the sworn participant in his place by resorting to the help of a moderator. But to do it anonymously, behind his back, and behind the backs of all the other participants, is somehow unhuman. The Internet has already depersonalized people and provided the highest level of anonymity, so you can't be intimidated by an open statement.

IMHO, you can attract the moderator's attention with your post, openly. Other people aren't ashamed of swearing out loud, and to object to it out loud is scary too, what if he swears at me too.

2 SK.

Don't take it personally, pls. These are general thoughts on the subject.