MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1381

[Deleted]
Hi, Im newbie in mql, can anyone help me to make indicator to show an arrow, if there is a bullish candle above an MA 20 and if there is bearish candle below an MA 20. Thanks in advance.
  Please help with Error 4107  (13   1 2)
Hi, I'm a newbie semi-programmer wannabe (have been playing with code for a while now, can do only as far as amend and create new entry/exit rules in a template that a friend has put together for me, but he is unavailable at the moment to help me with this error). I get the following problem (from...
PLEASE put SEARCH capabilities into MQl4BookEnglish.chm
[Deleted]
It can get a bit tedious in this forum you know. There are so many posts from people who can't code, can't use grammatic syntax (never mind programmatic syntax) and who just want others to "help me please" without spending any effort at all themselves to learn how to code and to read the docs. I...
I have a chart with this code on it. However, when I am on the 15min chart, it alerts me every 15mins instead of just the once per day that it is supposed to. Any ideas how I can get around the Time[0] variable?    //------------------------------------------------   //any TS/KS crosses on D1...
[Deleted]
Hi, my question is about how can I send an order on a specific time in the future. I mean: let's suppose now it's 20.30 (8.30 pm) and I'd like to put a buy order to go long on 22.30 (10.30 pm), may be because some news will come on that time. Let's even suppose that I'll not be in front of my...
Where would I download MetaEditor? Could someone please send me the link? I presume this is where you would write the actual code to write your own Expert Advisor . Thank you
search for something you know was asked a thousand times. nothing shows up. edit: works, no excuses not to search for your answers before posting now :)
  Hybrid neural networks.  (216   1 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22)
I don't want the topic to go just to the statistics of neural network topics. I propose to share experience and problems in working and training of non-standard neural network architectures . Here's the first link for theory http://cgm.computergraphics.ru/content/view/62 or pdf file
anyone can help? how can i code to count the average ticks per minute?
[Deleted]
  HELP NEEDED.....  (2)
if((OrderSelect(k,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES))&& OrderMagicNumber()==MagicNumber21 && OrderProfit() >= 38) { OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS); int type = OrderType(); bool result = false; switch(type) {...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I am looking for two EAs or Indicators to provide alerts for the following: 1. First new [reversal] Parabolic Stop & Reverse dot is below lower Bollinger Band - and first new [reversal] Parabolic Stop & Reverse is above upper Bollinger Band. 2. Gann HiLo indicator crossover of 5 period...
Hi what functions can I use to get ask / bid price from the past in minutes or seconds ? example: I want to find out what the ask / bid price was 60 seconds or 600 seconds ago. thanks ]
Hi, I am new to MT4 and I have read all the threads on Partial Close and still have not found what I am looking for. I have however found the perfect EA on line at http://www.ibfx.com/Tools/partialclose/default.aspx however when I try and use it it says I am not allowed. This EA is exactly what I...
[Deleted]
I'm currently working on this EA. It's somewhat erratic at the moment because I have yet to factor in a lot of data. This is a "sneak peak" at a work in progress. The plan is to smooth it out. The results here are backtests for the year 6 November 08 - 6 November 09.I am looking for sponsorship to...
  Expert/Log files  (1)
Can anyone tell me why the log file under the Expert /Folder stops recording at 12:00 to 12:29 each day.
Slight problem with linear interpolation of data, where X is not evenly spaced (missing bars).
Hi, I got a trailing routing that produce these two errors: 4108 and 4051. I revise the code but I can not find the bug. - Revision of open trades goes from OrdersTotal() parameter to 1. With 3 orders, produce 3, 2, 1. - OrderSelect is also decrese by 1. so i get 2, 1, 0 But the log show messages...
  sendmail  (1)
Hello, I want to send email after open a trade. I use the yahoo account. It works ok with one line, but I want to send some lines in the message and I got errors. I have include "\n" at the end but doesn't solve the issue. Any example that works with some lines in the email-message ? Thanks
Hello, I checked the numbers i got from the stochastic indicator in my script and found that they are differnet from the numbers on the chart. eg. blue is 50, red is 30 in my script while on the chart blue is 25.5, red is 62.7 . What is the reason for that difference? Thanks, Udi
I have a decent automation that works well for channeling scalps, but I seem to take a hit when the market breaks out of the channel to a new level. I was wondering if someone has code or an indicator that would help me to identify a channel break out. It would not be to bad I guess if I knew it was
We need someone to trade our funds. Our company is expert at raising funds for the Forex market. We have developed the best advertising resources and contacts to bring in money for managed funds. The problem that we have had is that every trader that we have worked with has ended up losing money...
[Deleted]
I created an simple EA and only droped following two lines in the "Start()" function. Alert("1111121"); Print("1111121"); compiled it and return back to MetaTrader terminal. then I added this EA on EUR/USD 1 min chart. wait for about 5 mins. no Alert pop out, checked "expert" tab, "1111121"...
[Deleted]
hi i'm writing an EA that makes calculations based on past market swings. in the init function i make the ea load the past data with the following instructions : ArrayCopyRates(stream,"EURUSD", PERIOD_H4); ArrayCopy(bar1,stream, 0, 0); ArraySetAsSeries(bar1, False); but the EA loads a...
Hello friends... It´s possible to test and work with an ea that needs the confirmation of a signal in two pairs at the same time? I have an interesting idea based on price action valid for a lot of markets and I want to start with forex ( EURUSD - USDCHF ) but I have this problem... Really thanks
[Deleted]
I've seen it used both ways. Right now i've got it set up as " extern int Slippage ". I have included the file <stdlib.mqh>. The command line I am using is the following. OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,Lots,dropped,Slippage,dropped-(SL*Point),dropped+(TP*Point),"simple buy stop",Green) Can I set it...
[Deleted]
  Adaptive risk EA  (2)
This an EA that enters on bounces from pivot points witha tight railing stop and changes its position sizing according to the distribution of its losses. A penny for you thouhts. Here are results Strategy Tester Report SamuelTrader ICM-Demo (Build 225) SymbolUSDJPY (US Dollar vs Japanese...
[Deleted]
Hi, I want my expert to wait 1 candle after entering a trade to look for exit conditions. The way I tried to implement this in my code was the following : .... ticket = ordersend(...) if(ticket != -1) Sleep(Period()*60000) Check exit conditions..... It doesn't seems to work in backtesting mode (I...
I'm building a MT4 EA, that requires the use of the customized MACD (macd-2.mq4), and a Bollinger Band that can take a multiplier with decimal places. Basically, I have tried to code it out, but I am not familiar enough with MT4 to be able to code the custom indicators into the system. The logic...
This video shows how we can generate a strategy with Forex StrategyBuilder and to send it for automatic execution to Forex StrategyTrader. We are using forex rates for the strategy from MetaTrader. There are several steps in this process: Loading historical rates in Meta Trader Exporting the rates...