How to protect my EA code using Dynamic Link Library (dll) file? - page 2

i would compile the EA for each customer with the emailadress (maybe crypted) of the customer.

if the custumer distributes the EA in the web, its easy to find out which customer it was.
against hackers there is no chance. even MS products are been hacked

meikel, this is useless against decompilation of the expert. It's not worth it to waste your time putting any protection INSIDE the EA (.ex4 file) - never mind it is a time/date protection or is limited by email or account number... as long it has full functionality and can be decompiled, this protection can be removed and the expert can be used without permission. If the idea is to sell the expert, better think of a serious protection.

Using DLLs is not bad idea, as long as you don't face a good hacker with a good assembler knowledge. Yes, your functions cannot be decompiled to a high-level programming language to be understood easily, but it is enough for a good programmer to see them disassembled to get the basic idea of your trading strategy and to rebuild your EA. Also, you cannot export any specific MQL functions like indicators calls into a DLL, you can only use common calculations and check some conditions there. Which means that someone with a good trading background can guess your strategy by looking at your indicator calls and making backtests with your DLL-protected EA. DLLs are good for start, but far enough from a good protection.

oshaban, I would suggest you to send trade/sync signals from this EA to the customers' accounts, in other words to beam signals remotely, instead of sending them the real expert. This is the most secure method. It can be combined with different keys, encryption techniques, etc.