Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 213

I recently formatted my computer and lost a script code that did this function . I tried to recreate it but was unsuccessful. it was like this datetime now = TimeCurrent (); datetime nowTF = now - now % ( 60 * time[ 0 ]); datetime period = iBarShift ( NULL , 0 , nowTF); datetime openprice = iOpen (
Hey guys I am curious to see what people have to say. If the overall trend of a market is clearly sideways. Will a trend following ea work or fail in that type of market if we are stickily trading the 1 hour time frame ? Any thoughts and opinions would be great
This code always returns zero for commissions void OnTradeTransaction ( const MqlTradeTransaction & trans, const MqlTradeRequest & request, const MqlTradeResult & result) { if (trans.symbol == Symbol ()) { if (( int )
Hi, is there an equivalent for Open[], High[], .. Volume[] of MQL4 in MQL5? Actually I am using Volume[i] in OnInit for a volume-indicator in a separate chart-window to set the max. and min. int OnInit() {    ...    while(b-->0) {       lMin = fmin(lMin,Volume[b]);       lMax = fmax(lMax...
double dailyPriceInfo[ 4 ]; void OnTick () { daily_price_info(dailyPriceInfo); Comment ( "Daily High " , dailyPriceInfo[ 0 ], "\n" , "Daily Low " , dailyPriceInfo[ 1 ], "\n" , "Daily Range
I notice that even after backtesting the same instruments frequently, MT5 seems to spend a lot of time downloading data. Does MT5 download the same data with each test? This wouldn't seem to be very inefficient
Good day everyone, I'm new to MQL coding. The code below if I run in Strategy Tester, the ChartOpen returns value 0 and no new chart is open. But if I ran in live chart in demo account, new chart GBPUSD is created and the new chart ID is successfully return as non zero value
I have been trying to open a chart (CChart) during the "int OnInit()" phase of my EA. It doesn't work. I tried using the old MT4, non object oriented, version of this function, ChartOpen, and still no joy. I get an error ID. I can't find any more documentation or example code on this anywhere. This
Why ChartApplyTemplate() in OnInit() doesn't work when testing? What should I do to change the properties of a chart on Strategy Tester? Thanks!
Hello everyone! I am having problems with the validation in the mql5 market, I use this EA for days and i have no error, however when validating in the mql5 market there is always an error related to invalid volume, for example 1.53 or 0.17 all in EURUSD where theoretically these valid volumes. an
Highest price is successfully registered, but I would like to keep the fixed CCI value corresponding to the highest until future changes. void OnTick () { MqlRates rates[]; ArraySetAsSeries (rates, true ); int Data = CopyRates ( Symbol (), Period (), 0 , 10 ,rates); int CCI = iCCI ( Symbol
I would like to know where my ea runs, so is there a way to let the ea send some kind of notification without having to manually add an email adress or metaquotes ID in the settings? Thanks
I have 1 EA that uses iCustom function to get Fisher indicator data When back test there are too many windows of the Fisher indicator. Please help me fix this Thanks for reading int OnInit () { ArraySetAsSeries (priceInfo, true ); ArraySetAsSeries (fisherArray, true ); return (
Ever since I have subscribed to MT5 VPS My expert advisor has been opening twice the same positions is it because my system is duplicated and active on VPS plus my computer? Could it be that my system is duplicated or running simultaneously on both ends
(see picture) every few candles (but not in a pattern as far as i can see) my ea opens the same indicator window again, resulting in many open windows for the same indicator. It starts with one window as it should and then continues to open new ones. Is there a solution to this? Thank you
Hi guys, I would like to create a function that would change my stop loss value from preset one to a next pending order level (if the distance is smaller than preset stop loss). Basically I would like to make the pending order close the opposite open one if the distance between them is smaller than
  demo or real  (3)
Hello I'm new to trading. I downloaded a demo bot. then several days later I bought the bot. I now have the bot on my meta trader5 terminal. And on MQL5 it says I purchased the bot. But I don't know if the bot is the demo bot or the real bot. How do I tell the difference between a demo bot and a
Hello guys, I'm looking for a EA that use zone recovery strategy for manual trades or other EA opened trades. If somebody knows that kind of EA please let me know. The EA must handle several zones at once. Thanks
I've downloaded free and bought paid EAs (trading robots) all of them are losing their deposits faster than I do it manually. My question is if there are any Expert Advisors that make money on a real account, and not only in the strategy tester . I was a billionaire in the Strategy Tester, and I
Hi, I recived the message Stop Loss invalid: 2020.09.14 22:47:26.559 2020.09.01 09:04:04 failed modify #306 buy 5 WINV20 sl: 100470, tp: 100490 -> sl: 100472, tp: 100490 [Invalid stops] 2020.09.14 22:47:26.559 2020.09.01 09:04:04 CTrade::OrderSend: modify WINV20 (sl: 100472, tp: 100490) [invalid
I'm suddenly not seeing the EA's I choose to demo in my list in MT4. When I click on the Demo button under the EA website, it opens a dialogue box asking me wether I have MT4 or not - I click yes and MT4 opens. But the EA is not present. I've tried closing and opening MT4 terminal, but doesn't help
Hi! Please see subject thanks. I am exporting data and using a spreadsheet to backtest and well, it's taking a loooonng time to do anything. In addition to allowing the user to specify the expiry time, ideally this strategy tester can also include money management intelligence eg Martingale or
Hello everyone, Need help, want to know how Damjan is calculated
Hi, I have purchased an EA and it shows in my "Market / Purchased" tab but clicking on the "Install" does nothing. I operate my Mt4 on a remote windows server. I have tried turning the firewall off and installing, still nothing. I have installed the EA on my home machine to see if it would work, it
  Entry problem  (6)
Hi, everyone. I need to set my entries for when low[0] < low[1] sell, but I can´t do that, could you help me? when write: //*****************************VOID ON TICK---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a problem with my trailing stop. Didn´t work! I need to set it only with profit positions and for example I like to set it at 15 point and set Steps with 10 Points. Anyone help Me? I think this problem is : int digits_adjust= 1 ; if (digits== 3 || digits== 5 )
Hello, does anyone have a formula to calculate the change percentage as shown below? thanks
Does anyone knows any work around the limitation that can allow me to copy more than one signal unto the same trading Acct, I fully understand the risk, but with proper risk setting on each signal coming in, one can setup a portfolio that thrives over all kinds of market phases
I am trying to code a hedge terminal EA please help me with mql5 hedge terminal close all positions my simple code not closing any Buy position and please help me with 1-what is the code sequence to count positions, get tikets, select tickets, put tickets to an Array, get tickets from array, select
Hi, How do I code, for e.g 1 entery has entered and exit from within certain condition, however the current condition still allow for another entry to enter. but I dont want. I want to wait for next round of entry event to occur. how do I make the code to wait for next round of event before entering