Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 210

Calling positionClose from the CTrade class doesn't trigger the onTradeTransaction event. Is there a different way I should close a position
Greetings to all, I had a developer build an EA in MT4 and MT5 versions, but he was unable to complete the MT5 version. The problem occurs when starting the strategy test, after a few exchanges it begins to jump, it crashes until the entire PC system is down The developer claims that everything is
We have setup the whizard expert advisor EA. How to connect our live account
[Deleted]
Hello. May you assist me with this Expert Advisor i am coding. I don't have programming background but i am still learning. 1. i would like to modify my TakeProfit and StopLoss. i have put a Take profit of 150 before, now i modified it to 500 but still shows 150 once it opens a trade I am suspecting
Hello,  Can anyone tell me how can I access the rented ea I purchased to put in on my trading account? Allen 
I used the historical datafeed from dukascopy My trading systems which are based on High and Low values really worked well WITH THAT DATA. However, I tryed going live on avatrade/xm / roboforex, none of them look same as dukascopy. I've MT5 EA so doesnt work on Dukascopy. I am looking for some other
HI.. good day to you all.. Am not sure if tis is possible is there a way to hide functions from source code.. .mq5 or mq4 eg. void TrailingStop() { //Trailing code } or instead calling it from a private website codes.. eg. void TrailingStop() { //get Trailing code function from my website
Hello everybody and thanks in advance for your precious advices and help that i'm sure you would give me. I'm writing and setting up my first EA, for trading intraday (5-15m timeframe) in different crosses/commodities. The strategy would be: - check on long period trend (Moving average in 50 - 100
Hi all, I was just wondering if there is a way to get my EA to trade immediately after an indicator prints (on the same candle/bar). I noticed that it only executes a buy/sell on the next candle, by that time it is too late. Is there any way to remedy this? Any help would be appreciated
Hi everyone, I have created an expert advisor using an online EA generator. It gave me the code and everything but there is one small detail I would like to get fixed. Context: The Expert Advisor is simple and trades on the 1hr timeframe. The conditions are as follows: 1. If previous candle closes
Hi there guys, how could I currently get POSITION_VOLUME_INITIAL ? It seems dissapeared from Position Properties. https://www.mql5.com/es/docs/constants/tradingconstants/positionproperties
I want an expert who opens a buy trade every 60 minutes and puts the stop loss at -150 points, and as the price increases 150 points, the stop loss moves 150 points, and if the price decreases, the stop loss does not move
  Endless requotes  (3)
New to this so bear with me. When I run this, the EA makes trades as you would expect //sell if (signal == "sell" && PositionsTotal ()< 1 ) trade.Sell( 0.10 , NULL ,Bid, 0 ,(Bid- 150 * _Point ), NULL ); //buy if (signal == "buy" && PositionsTotal ()< 1 )
Hello, I have an EA with 100 different strategies, each set with a different magic number. I backtest this in MT4 and there are hundreds of trades created. However, I do not see the magic numbers anywhere on the strategy tester - people in the forum have suggested using the print function, but
Hello I have an EA and I don't have the source code and I cannot modify it I activate it for multiple pairs and when he open a trade in one of the pairs I want to close the EA of the other pairs and only hold it in the pair the order was opened in
  Hedging EA  (1)
Hi guys, Does anyone here have a simple hedging EA ? One that hedges and does nothing else ? It should simply keep the balance between Buys and Sells, that's all, without deleting pending orders, PTs and SLs. So, if on a chart a 0.05 buy position closes, then the Hedging EA should immediately open a
Hi, I have made an EA with a custom optimization criteria of "win rate" for testing binary options strategies. However the charts in the Results tab are based on Profitability. Is there a way I can apply my custom criteria (win rate) data to the charts to show that instead? It would be really nice
Hi! I am trying to backtest an strategy and i don't want to enter any position on fridays. I try using this code to get the day of the week of the candle,but get the following error. MqlDateTime herenow[]; CopyTime(_Symbol,_Period,0,0,herenow); 'CopyTime' - no one of the overloads can be applied to
Hello. Can Anybody help me? I found the following code that works on MT4 to toggle AutoTrading button: #include <WinUser32.mqh>#import "user32.dll"int GetAncestor(int,int);#define MT4_WMCMD_EXPERTS  33020#importvoid OnTick()  {   int main=GetAncestor(WindowHandle(Symbol(),Period()),2/GA_ROOT/);...
Hello, I have two questions. 1. What is the actual definition of "pip." On the EUR/USD, I always thought 1 pip referred to the 4th decimal place. But I'm seeing when changing the inputs of an EA that it seems to sometimes refer to the 4th, and sometimes to the 5th. For example, when I change the
Hello, I have the following problem: In my expert advisor, I sometimes have to call "CopyBuffer" on every tick. This works perfectly in combination with any of the standard indicator handles. However, when applying iCustom to the indicator handle of CopyBuffer, a new indicator window is being...
//for LongEntry Condition if (glongEntry == true ) { if ( PositionsTotal () == 0 ) { double buyStopLoss = BuyStopLoss( _Symbol ,StopLoss); double buyTakeProfit = BuyTakeProfit( _Symbol ,TakeProfit); gbuyTicket1 = Trade.Buy(
I was wondering how much of a performance hit there was. I'm assuming there are no issues utilising all cores
I understand that the demo account broker sets the commissions so that when you backtest they are locked in. Is there a way get around this? Are there any brokers that allow you to set zero commission for a backtest? Thanks
I made my own indicator that has a separate window where it shows buttons. Alone it works like it should. When i import it with the iCutsom function , the indicator doesn't get shown at all and also the Buffer Values stay empty. What can i do to make it work? int Gui; int OnInit () { Gui =
Hi, Some of the EAs that is on the market can be activated on a demo account, some of them can't. I have published som EAs on the market and I want to know how to get it to run on a demo account. I have searched a lot but I cant find the solution. Does anyone know and could share it with me? Best
This code of mine was not counting only buy positions it count also sell position but I want it to count it separately to have a value of how many buy and sell position I have. Please help me find the problem. #include <Trade\Trade.mqh> CTrade trade; void OnTick () { Comment ( "BUY = "
I have an issue, where after adding custom symbol with daily data the expert advisors have trouble with proper testing. After the testing is finished, the result is 0 or close to 0 profit . Tried with different EA and on other built in symbols so assume, there is a problem with the custom symbol
Simpe SellLimit script dont work - EURUSD Work fine in Advisor. But dont work in Script. #include <Trade\Trade.mqh> CTrade m_trade; void OnStart () { MqlRates rates_old[]; ArraySetAsSeries (rates_old, true ); int bars = CopyRates ( Symbol (), PERIOD_D1 , 0 , 10 , rates_old);
Hi, I searched the forum but I couldn't find anything about it. When multiple orders of an MT4 or MT5 EA have the same TP, the ticket numbers overlap making them illegible and therefore useless. I'd like to delete or hide this number or better still customize the text and color as per the attached