Searching for market patterns - page 29

paukas:
That's right. Every day it's the same. ....

Autumn...

I look out the window and it's all the same:

The same faces.

Only the mirror doesn't lie about the passage of time:

Getting old, brother, getting old. No doubt about it.

paukas:
That's for sure. It's the same thing every day. Tosca....
Is that roughly what you're implying? http://www.stocktime.ru/

143alex:

I'm not really joking)). It turns out that it makes sense for us to analyze price movement not in pips, but in bricks consisting of spread.

If you take a set of currency pairs, related to the dollar for example, and look at the growth... like this...

But this makes sense, and there is even a ready tool - renko bars. Set the height of the brick to one spread and go ahead and analyse it.

Svinozavr:

Autumn...

I look out the window and it's all the same:

The same faces.

Only the mirror doesn't lie about the passage of time:

We're getting old, brother, we're getting old. No doubt about it.

what about this...

>

143alex:
Is that roughly what you're implying? http://www.stocktime.ru/
no

paukas:

Please. Time is divided into days. Days into hours. People come to work at the same time. Because of this, there are very stable cycles.

If you look at the 8 o'clock cycle, you see some very interesting things.

It's like a clue to a pattern.

AlexeyFX:

1. Yes, you can. And it's not even clear to me how accounting for asks or tick volumes would improve the result.

2. There is virtually no difference. Changing the chart period with close prices does nothing but change the sampling rate.

The picture obviously shows some nice digital filters, they are easy to get. Changing their parameters and getting curves of any kind is also easy. But to understand what properties they should have for successful trading is a bit more difficult.

Or is it necessary to consider all pairs with all currencies in order to see a fair price, for example, 7 currencies - 21 pairs, etc. to evaluate one currency against the centre, around which all other currencies move (is it the centre of each currency or common to all and all move around it)?

trol222:
it is difficult to put into words what you think ... For example, an injection in the Euro begins (for example) - how do you see it happening ... I think nearly all pairs of which the Euro is a part will reflect this movement to some extent, the beginning and the end of the movement may differ from one pair to another ... but in the end it will be a general move (when all the pairs are saturated) and each pair will finish this move at their own time (it may happen differently - we should try to catch the beginning of a general move, and the first pair that finishes it (and the others will continue for a while) may say that the move has begun to end .... that's how I see it in the abstract
of course, the dose of infusion (or signal if you want) is different for each pair of the cluster - a kind of weights probably... and because of the danger that many small arbitrage situations may occur, the infusion rates should be more or less equal. I may be wrong about something.

We need to find a way to make it visually visible....

trol222:
Or is it necessary to observe all pairs with all currencies (like 7, 21 etc.) to evaluate one currency in relation to the centre, around which all other currencies move?

There is no clear answer to this question. It depends on what you want to get. Basically, for EURUSD analysis, only EURUSD data is sufficient. And if you only trade EURUSD, why do you need anything else? But you must understand at least the following things:

1. It is better to trade EURUSD at some moment, USDCHF at some moment, and something else. There must be an objective criterion for choosing a currency pair. Its absence in most trading systems is one of the main reasons for loss.

2. There are equations such as EURCHF=EURUSD*USDCHF that are always fulfilled accurately enough, if we do not look inside the bar and do not analyze ticky-ticky. If the Swiss Central Bank decides to draw a 1000 pips candlestick on EURCHF, this candlestick must be drawn on EURUSD or USDCHF, or both of them. There will be plenty of pairs, where this candle will appear.

3. it is easier to analyse single currencies than currency pairs because there are fewer currencies than pairs. But splitting pairs into separate currencies is quite a complicated and ambiguous task, there are always 1 more unknowns than equations. Nevertheless, it is possible to get a good result. What is needed for that, everyone should decide for himself, I use 17 pairs with dollar. Crosses are additionally useless, if to avoid tiki-pookey, gold and all other things not related to currencies are also better to be excluded.

It gives the impression that you want to solve all problems at once. So you run the risk of not solving any. You have to define your objectives and solve them one by one as you get them. If you want to get a nice picture from digital filters, then why bother with ticky-ticky. Normal filter performance requires constant sampling rate, while Kotelnikov's theorem says that frequencies higher than half of sampling rate cannot be digitally processed.

Reason: