Searching for market patterns - page 34

dimeon:
well that's a fun thread! Back on topic. My point of view is that an organised trader trades the probability of limits. once you get to the limit then it's either profit or loss. Now think about how long it's easier to determine these limits? A few minutes ahead or a few hours? The answer is obvious - a few minutes, or even easier - a few seconds. Everyone knows that more than 80% of transactions are speculative in nature. Statistics for 2010 - more than half of the trades are made by pipsqueak bots. So the question arises? Why is pipsing evil if everyone who is cleverer earns on it?

I agree. and any Brown has a point of return to the Average Fair Price...

;)

I agree. and any Brown has a point of return to the Average Fair Price...

;)

Yes, yes! And let it happen before the MC. Not in this lifetime.

Svinozavr:
Yes, yes! And let it happen before the MC. Not in this lifetime.

Fair Fair price ...

:D

AlexeyFX:

There's no definite answer to that question. It depends on what you want to get. In principle, for EURUSD analysis only EURUSD data is sufficient. And if you trade only EURUSD, why do you need anything else? But you have to understand at least the following things:

1. Some days it is better to trade EURUSD, some days USDCHF, and some days something else. There has to be an objective criterion for choosing a currency pair. Lack of it in most trading systems is one of the main reasons for loss.

2. There are equations such as EURCHF=EURUSD*USDCHF that are always fulfilled accurately enough, if we do not look inside the bar and do not analyze ticky-ticky. If the Swiss Central Bank decides to draw a 1000 pips candlestick on EURCHF, this candlestick must be drawn on EURUSD or USDCHF, or both of them. There will be plenty of pairs, where this candle will appear.

3) Analyzing individual currencies is easier than analyzing currency pairs, because there are fewer currencies than pairs. But splitting pairs into separate currencies is quite a complicated and ambiguous task, there are always 1 more unknowns than equations. Nevertheless, it is possible to get a good result. What is needed for that, everyone should decide for himself, I use 17 pairs with dollar. Crosses are additionally useless, if to avoid tiki-pookey, gold and all other things not related to currencies are also better to be excluded.

It gives the impression that you want to solve all problems at once. So you run the risk of not solving any. You have to define your objectives and solve them one by one as you get them. If you want to get a nice picture from digital filters, then why bother with ticky-ticky. A constant sampling rate is required for normal filter operation, and Kotelnikov's theorem says that frequencies above half the sampling rate are not amenable to any digital processing.

Currencies can be analysed to give a non-return point with an accuracy of nearly 100%. It's a worthwhile direction.

I wonder if the first stroboscopic oscilloscope appeared before Kotelnikov's theorem? :-))

AlexeyFX:

1-doubt that there will be anticipation with analysis of additional pairs as well. Even if you manage to get a prediction by a couple of pips in price and by a couple of farts in time, it certainly won't be worth the effort. I think it is possible to get a much more serious anticipation in another way, I am working on it now.

You can't getthat without a 'strobe light'. Quite understand what the method is. Been down that road. It's promising too. But there are peculiarities...

1. Without a tick (equal-volume) history, spectral analysis and spectral synthesis are almost meaningless. Above H1 it works fine, but the lower the worse the results from parasitic modulations.

2. To do normal spectral synthesis you need to solve 3 problems.

2.1 How to get rid of the amplitude modulation of the low-frequency part of the spectrum?

2.2 How can I predict and recover high frequencies which don't make physical sense on the graph? I.e. with a period smaller than 4 bars.

2.3 How do you extrapolate the zero harmonic? Full decomposition into all harmonics again? So there will be zero again. And again again to all harmonics? Recursion? Good thing it is not infinite yet.

By solving these 3 problems you can get a very accurate prediction of bars by 100. Accuracy within the size of the bar. The bars are, of course, equally volumetric.

Zhunko:

Currency analysis allows you to get the point of no return with almost 100% accuracy. It's a worthwhile trend.

I wonder if the first stroboscopic oscilloscope came before Kotelnikov's theorem? :-))

Before, of course. Although... as you look at the instrumentation.

The t.of no return. Do you really think this is the way for real guys?

(modestly) I've been trading for quite some time. Well, there's no point in waiting. You can always play it the right way.

Svinozavr:

Before, of course. Although... as you look at the instruments.

T.O.T. Do you really think this is the way to go for the real guys?

(modestly) I've been trading for quite some time. Well, there's no point in waiting. You can always play it the right way.

otg.

To the topic.

Finding a pattern is finding what you're doing wrong. Crooked. There are no other laggards. Onli yu.

So if you can get it on lard bread, why look?

;)

;)

I'd better scrape together some borscht :)

;)

It's boring, isn't it? Don't you know it?

/* Lord, smite your boredom.../*