Offtopic: Stealing Aleynikov or how arbitration is done ;-) - page 9

gip >> :

Holy crap. Keep burning...

I don't suppose you have any other arguments?

Well, thanks for that. If you ever want to know what every sophomore knows, try a google and/or google scolar search: Do active funds deliver?

timbo писал(а) >>

The builder builds the house once, and then the homeowner lives in it for 30 years and pays the builder nothing. And then he sells it for a huge profit. Or he rents it out and gets paid regularly for virtually nothing. Should the builder steal the slate from the roof he put there himself?

You're carrying on with your battery again? You still don't get it, do you? Not even on your fingers. Apparently, the doctors in psychology know nothing about construction economics, mortgages or even slate. So why do you need it? Take up psychology, you don't need arithmetic, just trepology.

Generally speaking, Timbo, the scheme of your thinking is clear: "private property is sacred and inviolable". This was proclaimed in 1789. (just in case you don't know). If you remove the word "sacred" from this formula, you get a not very correct, but still working practical principle. Unfortunately, during last 200 years this formula got rooted in heads of majority of Westerners on subconscious level. And it is with an emphasis on "holy". That's why such experts in other people's psychology as you are not able to understand their own psychology and separate the wheat from the chaff. That's why they pray to idols. But that's your right. Keep praying.

timbo wrote >>

Some have chosen a world of thieves. Some are ready to justify it because they feel socially close to that thief.

Makes sense. :-) What can you do? You, for example, preferred the world of infantile adults and schizophrenic phobias. Do you personally suffer from the former or the latter? Or both at once?

timbo >> :

I don't suppose you have any other arguments?

Well, thanks for that. If you ever want to know what every sophomore knows, try a google and/or google scolar search: Do active funds deliver?

There was no argument on your part. It was more of an attempt to come up with an "authoritative opinion". I don't know what you imagined or implied there, but what you wrote is outright nonsense. Almost all traders operate on forecast indicators, most traders use expert opinions, which in turn are based on different combinations of forecast indicators... everyone decides for himself how to combine expert opinions, who to believe and who not to... And even if on average expert opinions give a negative correlation, to conclude from this that expert opinions are meaningless at all... and the expert system is bullshit... You are certainly entitled to draw such conclusions, no one forbids you personally to have your own opinion, but please do not bullshit me and visitors of this forum. And don't deceive people.

Yurixx >> :

Makes sense. :-) What can you do? You, for example, preferred the world of infantile adults and schizophrenic phobias. Do you personally suffer from the former or the latter? Or both at once?

So you have no argument either? No surprise, balloonists are always short on evidence.

gip >> :

There has been no argument on your part. It's more an attempt to come up with an 'authoritative opinion'. I don't know what you imagined or implied there, but what you wrote is outright nonsense. Almost all traders operate on forecast indicators, most traders use expert opinions, which in turn are based on different combinations of forecast indicators... everyone decides for himself how to combine expert opinions, who to believe and who not to... And even if on average expert opinions give a negative correlation, to conclude from this that expert opinions are meaningless at all... and the expert system is bullshit... You are certainly entitled to draw such conclusions, no one forbids you personally to have your own opinion, but please do not bullshit me and visitors of this forum. Don't fool people.

How messed up it all is... Briefly:

1. Profit is the criterion for everything.

2. There are financial experts who work massively in the investment industry. TV chatterboxes we will discard.

3. the investment industry gives a profit, which does not exceed the profit of the index. I.e. the work of all these experts does not give a return, there is no profit.

That means they are incapable of predicting the market. They are like a local code-breaker - someone somewhere may make a profit sometime, i.e. they can give a good piece of advice. But over the long haul they all drain on the spread. A correct prediction today is just a fluke that won't happen again tomorrow.

A google search will give you loads of real authorities on the subject.

timbo писал(а) >>

By the way, for those who don't understand. I'm not excusing Aleynikov, but I'm not condemning him either. The ability to quickly slap on a label that you use not from knowledge of the facts, but solely because of your ideology (totally petty-bourgeois), speaks only of a shallow mind. And I prefer to look at a phenomenon in context and distinguish in that context between human motives, social attitudes, ideology, material interests and much more.

Stealing, for all you know, can be both good and evil. It is abhorrent when it is motivated by a desire to parasitize, to live at the expense of others. But, believe me, there are situations where even a petty bourgeois righteous person like you would rather steal.

So I have nothing to argue with you, our views don't even overlap.

PS

I have already made my arguments, and in a form that even the dumb can understand. Unfortunately, you still don't understand them and so you try not to notice them. Don't worry, I won't rub your nose in it. And I'm not going to get personal either. That's your method, from intellectual impotence perhaps. Or is it a professional psychologist's trick? :-)))

timbo писал(а) >>

So what does all this have to do with the idea that the aggregate opinion of 20 experts will give the right result?

Studies have already been done on collecting aggregated opinions from hundreds of market experts and the result is a weak negative correlation with the market, i.e. you should have done the opposite of what they advised.

Logic defeats intuition - if you want it to work, do the opposite...

Yurixx писал(а) >>

You've been running around with your battery again, haven't you? You still don't get it, do you? Not even on your fingers. The doctors in psychology don't seem to know anything about the economics of construction, mortgages or even the slate. So why do you need it? Take up psychology, they don't need arithmetic, just trepology.

Generally speaking, Timbo, the scheme of your thinking is clear: "private property is sacred and inviolable". This was proclaimed in 1789. (just in case you don't know). If you remove the word "sacred" from this formula, you get a not very correct, but still working practical principle. Unfortunately, during last 200 years this formula got rooted in heads of majority of Westerners on subconscious level. And it is with an emphasis on "holy". That's why such experts in other people's psychology as you are not able to understand their own psychology and separate the wheat from the chaff. That's why they pray to idols. But that's your right. Keep praying.

There are as many personalities as there are opinions, as many nations as there are mentalities...

You try leaving a nice thing unattended for two hours in a staircase... then you can judge what private property is...

it's better for private property to be protected by law.

Another thing is that there is no justice in the world and don't expect to see it for a long time.

USA screwed over a lot of people in Latin America and other continents because there is no super supreme court and super FBI

And you don't have to admire "ours" who got busted...

For 400 thousand dollars he got relaxed from a good life... now he will sit in jail with blacks and think about how to steal intelligently.)

Yurixx >> :

By the way, for those who don't understand. I'm not excusing Aleynikov, but I'm not condemning him either. The ability to quickly slap on a label that you use not from knowledge of the facts, but solely because of your ideology (totally petty-bourgeois), speaks only of a shallow mind. And I prefer to look at a phenomenon in context and distinguish in that context between human motives, social attitudes, ideology, material interests and much more.

Stealing, for all you know, can be both good and evil. It is abhorrent when it is motivated by a desire to parasitize, to live at the expense of others. But, believe me, there are situations where even a bourgeois righteous person like you would rather steal.

So I have nothing to argue with you about, our views don't even overlap.

You don't want to argue, you don't have to. Just answer one simple question. Situation: you walk up to your car in the morning and see that its window is broken, the door is open and a handsome man of 39 years old is breaking out your new audio-video-GPS media combo. You wouldn't blame him, would you? He's not being parasitic, he's satisfying his material interests, that's his social attitude.