FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Implications 2015(continued) - page 68

Ishim:
I'm jealous ((

little things...

Zogman:

the problem is that the market changes - when you start buying someone else immediately puts in more and more bids to sell

and it's possible

that it's the speed at which the volume pours into the market that counts?

It's interesting in Bodek's book - a guy from Canadian bank faced with electronic trading and suddenly everything changed - if before he could see, estimate and react to the prices seen on the screen, now it was like this - he sees the prices on the screen, decides to sell at a better price, and the market instantly reacts and goes against him. As a result, he loses tens of thousands

Zogman

when everyone is selling and no one is buying, mm starts buying your moose, or even your kolans. or rather, sells because the moose gets you.

stranger:
So, what are the conclusions of all this pussyfooting for practical trading? Or is it just for fun?)))
That's what I am wondering - how come you are so smart - you know such things that everyone knows, but at the same time you manage to draw these same dashes and write nonsense for thousands of pages?

iIDLERr:

Zogman

when everyone is selling and no one is buying, mm starts buying your moose or even kolans.

They don't get it, come on)

GopFX __:
For example, there is a landlord called Ivan. And he has his serfs under his command. And he needs these villeins to trust him. How do you do that? You could, of course, with a whip... But it can also be done in a more democratic way... So Ivan decides to ennoble his villeins so as to look like the Messiah in their eyes. He goes to town X, buys bread for 10 rubles, brings it and sells it to his serfs for 1 ruble. And the treasury does not count (there is enough money in the gold reserve). And the serfs are happy: what a good and sincere lord we have, and Ivan is pleased - the serfs work and worship him. But then the moment comes, when Ivan's treasury is ruined... And he has no more money to maintain the bread at the same level. The peasants become indignant. What happened? There's nothing to be done - we'll have to tighten our belts...
The lord is a fool... because he's Russian)))
The American praises his women... and how well they sing...
He printed some money for the cause and lives until the next time)))

GopFX __:
It's interesting in Bodek's book - a guy from Canadian bank faced with electronic trading, and suddenly everything changed - if before he could see, evaluate and react to the prices seen on the screen, now it was like this - he sees the prices on the screen, decides to sell at a better price, and the market instantly reacts and goes against him. As a result, he loses tens of thousands

Yes, that's the Flash boys book - the one I wrote you about, https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_Boys:_%D0%92%D1%8B%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%BA%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F_%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8E%D1%86%D0%B8%D1%8F_%D0%BD%D0%B0_%D0%A3%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BB-%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%82

it's a little unrelated to mm as I understand it (although it may be related)

- the point is that there are a lot of sites and the speed of the signal between them is different

Some guys (hft) had very fast channels between them and when they saw an order at the first market they decided that it would go to the second one

and then they superfastly run to the second market and take out the liquidity and rearrange it to their advantage - and when the investor's order would come to the second market, the quotes there would be unprofitable for him

ps

the book is based on real events - so I understand

and the characters of the book solved the problem - they created a new NOD-platform and artificially equalized the signal transmission rates to all real trading floors

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Katsuyama

Flash Boys: Высокочастотная революция на Уолл-стрит — Википедия
  • ru.wikipedia.org
Автор: Оригинал издан: Издатель: Страниц: Носитель: ISBN: Предыдущая: Льюис утверждает, что «рынок ценных бумаг США — манипулируемый рынок», и манипулируют им высокочастотные трейдеры, используя опережающие сделки и алгоритмическую торговлю[3]. В первую же неделю после выхода книги 1 апреля 2014 года было продано 130 000 экземпляров, а...

Sorcerer, they've already opened Globex, if this keeps up...

Zogman:

and the news is ah - liquidity disappears after a figure - why not after 2 figures ? - who decides that - someone quick smart informed ...

and watchdog often makes the right predictions - it means he understands something

who moves the market - so something is wrong ...

I see another relationship between Strange's predictions, price and news:

1) Strange gives a forecast
2) The price is wiggling in every way
3) News comes out and the price goes in the direction of Strange's forecast

But it works only for the pound.

Question - is it Strange, are you an insider? )) Or is it really that obvious on these mega futures? ))

stranger:
Sorcerer, they've already opened Globex, if this keeps up...
I'm still waiting for the markets to collapse from Marusi with Sensei... tf m1)))