MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1684

Is this correct, I can't find my mistake. When chart is open it's showing 2 linesMA with "Period 1" - Code in script is: sig0 = iMA( NULL, 0, 12, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 0) * 2 - iMA( NULL, 0, 26, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 0);main0 = iMA( NULL, 0, 21, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 0) * 2 - iMA( NULL,...
I'm using iCustom() to access values for ZigZag. It is not seeing values for lowZigZag points. Here's the function: void CheckOpen(){ double LastZZ, ZZarray[]; int MaxIdx; ArrayResize(ZZarray,ExtZZBackstep); for(int i=0;i<=ExtZZBackstep-1;i++){ ZZarray[i] = iCustom(NULL, 0, "ZigZag"...
  Market closed.  (1)
Hi all, what is the best preffered method to check if market is closed or not. I was trying to use IsTradeAllowed() but it returns true during the weekend. Is there another method to do it? Regards, Michal
  Great EA  (11   1 2)
Hi mates! I have a strategy that is very hard or impossible to trade manually so I need a help to create an EA for this strategy. So, you open first trade, for example, buy with 0.1 lots, TP 10p and SL 35p. If this trade gets profit,then open sell position with 0.1 lots with the same settings. If...
I am interested in MQL4 programmers from Rostov-on-Don (Preferably)! There is an interesting strategy and just need to implement it! The strategy is theoretically proven! But its implementation requires a constant presence at the computer - and you know that's not realistic! That's why I had the
[Deleted]
  help:(  (3)
hi all, ill just explain what i want to do then maybe i can get some help!! ok ihave a system and i need to write an expert as the platform i work off doesnt supportOCO!! so i need to open at a certain time, not at a price but at a time and theni need to set 2 pending orders, OCO. i need a trailing...
I was testing my expert advidor, suddenly, began to appear the following message: no data for testing, and next: loaded saccesfuly. Can somebody say to me how to correct this and thus I to be able to continue withmy testing?
[Deleted]
Good Day, I have been trying to find a program capable of supporting what I need, I finally found it but I'm not sure about the Syntax required to get this to work or if it is at all possible. What I'm trying to do is make an Expert that graphs what it's "Thinking" or more correctly graphs the
[Deleted]
  OrderType()  (1)
hi, the OrderType function is a standard trading function. Can I apply the function in a custom indicator? I would like to draw a line only if the trading is on...
My charts went all buggy overnight (between May 01 and May 02, EST), and I was wondering if anybody has experienced the same thing. I noticed the problem on GBPJPY H1, GBPJPY H4, EURJPY H4. and GBPUSD H1. Looks like a bunch of data went missing. At first I thought it was my system, so I unisntalled
[Deleted]
hi, I have just started my adventure with MQL4 and I am really impressed with thepossiblities of the system. I have written a simple custom indicator which doesn'twork as it should. It is an indicator which should calculate the highest and lowestvalues of a day, and draw the highest and the lowest...
Hello, I've been learning MQL for about around a month or so and trying to set up a systemthat will go long on a cross of the ADX(4) DI plus/minus within the indicator onEURUSD currency. I programmed in some back testing code and had the system runningnicely so wanted to produce an Expert Advisor...
Introduction The principles of MQL4-programs development are shown on sample of creating a simpleExpert Advisor system based on the standard MACD indicator... Article link 'Expert Advisor Sample'
Introduction Any expert can be tested on history data. After the expert has been tested, thesummarized expert testing results and some key characteristics are displayed inthe "Report" tab. Reports allow comparing to each other both variousexperts and the working results of the same expert with...
-
i just wondering , do you guys expert get money on coding any indicator / EA forfree ? maybe a silly question ,but i really wonder ^_^
I was reading Price_Channel_v6-ea thread and found interesting EA: PriceChannelExpert_v4.mq4. I created some pre-set files for GBPUSD, D1 timeframe. And, for the people who like backtesting I did sme backtesting: Preset file #1, without MM. GBPUSD . Every tick, modeling quality 90%, since 04th of
  Strange Updates by IBFX  (14   1 2)
Has anyone noticed the strange new updates from IBFX? Its odd, since I am more than 321 pips in profits for two days..... Anyway, If I were u guys, I would block in my firewall the MetaEDITOR. There is no need for that to access the web. Moreover, I ran some complex algo's and found a bandwidth leak...
How to call a custom indicator inside an expert ? take by example the zigzag indicador
Found this fractal EA on a russian forum. It works correctly only when the are set to Lots=1. I was thinking if there is a possibility to convert it to micro lots Eg I need to place trades as 0.01 and 0.1 lots (it places 2 trades Lot and Lot x 10) Of course any other modification like MM, will be
[Deleted]
I have a situation where the following line: OrderSelect(ticket, SELECT_BY_TICKET, MODE_HISTORY) returns true when I pass it the ticket number of a trade that is a currently openposition. That is not right, is it?
Is it possible for a new tick to interrupt an EA already in progress? If possible,is it probable? If an EA is running and a new tick comes in, is the original run cut off and a newrun started, or does it complete the execution of the first run first? If the new tick will cause the first run to be...
[Deleted]
Hi all, Anyone using Visual basic dll for interfacing to MT4? How to call it? Am getting frustated, or is it have to be C++ dll could only run in MT expert /script? please advise... Thanks in advance. vb code (cFunction.cls) -> cFunction.dll Public Function MergeChar(sFirstChar As String,...
I just read somewhere in the forum that IBFX demands that a position be opened at least 3 minutes - else - they will close the account of any scalping ea. I use several Brokers, amongst = Oanda, and I can categorically say that Oanda has declared in writing to me that I can open as many trades, and
-
My first post. I´am trying to write some script but my knowlegde of the Metaquotes Language are very limited because I havebeen using for only a week. So, my question is: Is there any way to change the bar color depending on the two indicators values? It´s possible? Using the Awesome Oscillator...
I've manually backtested this EA on USD/JPY, EUR/JPY, GBP/USD, and USD/CHF. I don't find that it works very well on other pairs, but for these four it seems to work well. What I need changed is the cross. I need it to only make the trades on true cross and not a fake cross. I think the EA is sep...
Hi, Here's one of mine that I like a lot. It's a very SIMPLE strategy. EMA Crossovers. I've tried heaps of others out there on the internet, but this one is a little better. I never coded this but paid to have it done, but I'm not 100% happy with it, though it does have HUGE potential if a few...
Hi all, I was just wondering, what EA's are you having success with at the moment from those listed here? What settings did you alter to configure it? How profitable is it? Reason I ask, is I'm not sure why it says 3000+ pips per month here made by the varity of EA's that "work". I've ran...
Is it possible on one MA to apply another MA? Ex.: double var=iMA(NULL, 0, 3, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 0) One MA is "var", now on this MA to apply another MA? Ex.: double var1=iMA(NULL, 0, var, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 0) , what I need is MA Period also, is any way to call this second MA on this...
What else can be done (besides color) with the arrows made by the order function? I like the arrow, with lines for SL and TP. But, I have a client who wants a linefor buy, another for sell and another for profit. Can this be done with the orderfunction's arrow field, or do I need to build them from...
[Deleted]
  Sleep() on Loss  (3)
Hi all, What I 'm trying to achieve is that I don't want the EA to enter on the same bar that it took a lost. I can't figure it out.How would one do to put EA on sleep() for like 10 minutes if last trade was a lost? Help would be appreciated. Thanks. Maxime Chartrand.