General - page 1788

Hello, I would like to capture the current value of the chart comment before I display some messages there, then when I'm done displaying the messages, restore it to its previous value. I was looking for something like GetComment() but I could not find it. Is this possible? example: string...
  Golden Section indiсators?  (59   1 2 3 4 5 6)
someone was talking about it over on yahoo. I want to see i fits any good. tanks dudes.
Why is not there? It's useful.. If is there the option somewhere, sorry for the post.
Hello - I was wondering to see if some one could help me I need an EA/script to overcome Metatraders inability to add pending orders I know at what price I want to buy and sell at, which I manually can add in, and the EA/script would loop at tick until it reaches that price and executes itself -...
I'm going to start this thread for my trading recommendations and as a journal also. I hope you don't find this boring but I'm giving here my years of experience so even if you don't entend to follow the signals you'll find it informative and you might find answers to things that been in your head...
Good trading to all.... and do thank all for the great contribution to newbies like me..
  Ea Question  (4)
Why is it that an EA will trade when i backtest it but will never execute a trade when i put it on a real or DEMO account?
  MadroGoldenFilter  (18   1 2)
This indicator gives us four signals to filtering 4 strategies: Broken Trend: Buy: 1 - Broking the Down Trend; 2 - Crossing of tow Exponential Moving Average: EMA9 Cross Up EMA30; 3 - Momentum value > 100. Sell: 1 - Broking the Up Trend; 2 - Crossing of tow Exponential Moving Average:EMA9 Cross Down...
I have been testing using the Strategy Tester without problems, but cannot seem to get the EA to run under my demo account. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I have told the Expert Advisor to allow live trading and I have enabled the expert advisors. Thanks for any ideas.
I have begun prgramming my first EA and I realize that it would be useful to have a comprehensive source for all of the available functions with explanation of their parameters. I.E., functions like iMA, Crossed, OrderSend, OrderSelect, etc, etc. Can you help? Thanks.
  95% of traders fail  (102   1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11)
... we've all heard it, and if oandas trade book is correct http://fxtrade.oanda.com/resources/trastats/positionsummary.shtml 95% is pretty accurate
hi, does anyone knows, in an expert advisor, to program the "OrderSend()" function to open a trade on a symbol different from the one in which the ea is loaded? thanks in advance.
hi, does anyone knows, in an expert advisor, to program the "OrderSend()" function to open a trade on a symbol different from the one in which the ea is loaded? thanks in advance.
I am accustomed to thinking about programming in terms of subroutines and functions. Just starting to learn MSQl4. I see Moving Average templates as part of the platform that I am using, but my question is this: I want to be able to have a "function" that I can call at each tick and have it return...
I am testing a 3 brokers, how does one work out the server time shift from GMT ?? USA : UGM SWISS : FINEX CYPRUS : NORTH FINANCE The last tick time on the each of the charts at current GMT 18:37:01, my local time is 6:37 ( In New Zealand) USA : UGM >>>> 14:37 SWISS : FINEX >>>>>> 20:37 CYPRUS
I have a demo account with TradeX and have begun reading the course that coders guru wrote. But, I don't believe I have come across where to download the actual MQL4 program, the MetaEditor, Compiler, etc. Did I miss something very obvious? Thanks.
  Some observations  (13   1 2)
Downloaded zee_zee_i indicator by ZeeJay. An indicator (cci based) that shows in color overbought and oversold levels. Put it on h4 eur-jpy with period 14 and just looked at it. Noticed that when the indicator goes in overbought (red area on my pic) or oversold (green) and than comes out into...
I'm new on this forum....Are there any P&L'ers on this stage? P&L (Point and Line Methodology).? ciao Tonyj
  RSI crossover EA  (46   1 2 3 4 5)
I have been back testing manually using RSI crossover, as signal for BUY and SELL. It seems to be producing good results. But doing it manually can be a little tedious and prone to some human errors. Can an EA help test this more accurately? Another problem, I don't know how to write an EA!
  New indicators - feedback requested:  (143   1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15)
Attached is a screenshot of 3 new indicators I've built that were inspired by the MTF Heiken-Ashi system currently being manually traded. I'm building a new EA called "Delta9" based around these indicators, but I'm curious to know what you think of their visual appeal for manual trading. The first...
I've picked up a great deal on this platform and it is outstanding for a free analytic intelligent tool. I like that I can use it with a great variety of brokers as well. Here is my thought. I am looking for a MT4 platform Tutor who can walk me through a number of functions I have yet to learn....
[Deleted]
Hello; I have this indicator but it's not with Alert. I need to but for it Alert and Signal how can I do it please. #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 2 #property indicator_color1 Blue #property indicator_color2 Red double CrossUp[]; double CrossDown[]; extern int FasterWMA...
  News Deviation  (9)
Hi all, If we want to trade the news manually, are there any sites that will show us what deviation number from actual versus the expected news release will move the market and possibily by how much. Thanks troy
[Deleted]
I have spent an incredible amount of time trying to find the "perfect" Forex Broker for myself. I've signed up with live accounts with four, only to be disappointed once I was on and really able to see the distinction between live vs demo accounts. Now I'm ready to look some more. It's...
I opened an account in FXDD.Unfortunately it hurts me twice. The first time was 27/02/2007. It did not send daily confirmation in that period. I received 3,4days latter and found it contained 2 closed lots I never made! First I checked my computer. no virus, no backdoor. I complained to the company
  Flip Parameters  (3)
Can anyone here take the MACD Sample EA and flip the buy/sell parameters so that it sells when it would normally buy and buy when it would normally sell? Your help would be much appreciated. Thank you
please i want some system trading for winer only 5pips in nzd\usd evryday thanks alot
  EA Templates  (23   1 2 3)
This may or may not be the place for this. I noticed NewDigital gathering code and putting it in a thread. Some one was asking about, or something was mentioned about EA templates. This way we don't have to try to write it from scratch. I have put together an EA template with volume filter. Can...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone.. Here I need help from someone can code indicator that I used to give the sound alert when LWMA cross with slope direction line. Let me explain what exactly I'm use in my chart..First I set my chart with LWMA Period 2 (Close) with 2 level 10 & -10 for upper and lower band. Also I use...
Can some one please tell me how to get an Excel spreadsheet with the H/L/O/C from the Meta program. I have it but I don't remember how I got it. Helpfule for plotting breakouts for the upcomming day. Goldstock