Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 366

Hello all, Does anybody familiar with a possibility to script the strategy tester? For example, I have 3-4 parameters for my EA that I want to optimize. Thus, I want to set them for some initial values, run the test, record the results. Then change the parameters, run the test, record the result....
I em currently usingposition.Profit() to get the current profit, but how can I getthe previous tick profit?
  Strategy tester  (4)
I found 5 Mismatched errors when I run strategy tester for my EA What is mean by Mismatched error, please help what i did wrong? 
Hi guys, according to your experience, from which time to which time do M1 EAs work best? Thx, FF
hi i am trying to get the EA to check if the current ask/bid is above/below my target price, execute a function. So the script needs to constantly check the current bid/ask price My question is, do i need to add any special command or routine so that it will be constantly checking for the current...
Hi, I calculate my trade parameters as follows: entry=iLow(NULL,0,1)-20.0;tp=entry-InitalTarget;sl=entry+InitalStop;Print(DisplayTimeStr," [",Symbol(),"] Time ["+LondonDate+" "+LondonTime+"]", " BuyOrSell '",BuyOrSell,"' entry ", DoubleToString(entry,Digits),"...
I tried to write a Script that save my market and pending orders, I've noticed a (cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\MQL4\Scripts\test.ex4' ) in the Expert tab in MT4 This is the Code. void OnStart() { //--- int handle=FileOpen("OrdersReport.csv",FILE_WRITE|FILE_CSV,"\t");...
Hey Guys, I'm a newbie and am thinking of learning how to write an EA. However I'm just wondering whether it's possible to program an EA to run another EA? Thanks
[Deleted]
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+// DO NOT DELETE THIS HEADER// DELETING THIS HEADER IS COPYRIGHT INFRIGMENT //// Copyright ©2011, ForexEAdvisor.com// ForexEAdvisor Strategy Builder version 0...
  Alarm  (2)
Has this anything to do with alarm when I turn of the EA #include <stderror.mqh>  the sound drives me crazy.
[Deleted]
Hi, how check what 500 pips level was last time? I need set buy if last 500pips level was below curent open bar and sell when was above current bar open. I have got something like this : (Please excuse any errors in english.) //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|
Hey mates , can you please tell me why there are 4 error in my code, I cant fix them . if(StopLoss) double BuyStopLoss = Ask - (StopLoss * Point); if(TakeProfit) double BuyTakeProfit = Ask + (TakeProfit * Point); //Open Buy Order BuyTicket = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,LotSize, Ask...
[Deleted]
Attached EA closed symbol specific live and pending orders on demo account when certain equity Tp or Sl is hit of that symbol. On live account it only closes the live orders but leaves the pending orders open. Can anybody see whats wrong and please correct it? Thank you very much.
[Deleted]
Attached EA I had ordered from MQL5 with money but its full of bugs and I tried to contact the developer, the person sometimes responds sometimes doesnt. Can anyone please make this EA bug free so that I can use it to test my strategy? BUG: Attached screenshots will explain you. The EA opens...
Let say i wana constuct an ea based on one single indicator and action taken when it crosses 50 Take profit and stop loss also at 40pips,any other pips may do my point is that they are constant,a constant roof and bottom level Lets just set the buy or long tradein this case,backtest result 30% win...
Hello everyone, I am trying to login to my webpage using mql4. My friend have said that my website uses tricky system with some hash number. I know nothing about server communication so he has provided me a PHP code which logins successfully. Can somebody explain how to transfer it to mql4? Or...
Hi All This is very very hard to test and I can't seem to find any documentation on it. I'm wondering if ChartEvents are queued (synchronous) or are asynchronous? For example, lets say I have two indicators which are sending custom chart events to a third indicator. If the first 2 indicators send...
Is it possible to write programs or scripts like expert advisors to be run at the server or meta trader manager side ? If so, could you give me some initial information on how to get started, which tools to use and where to read the documentation intended for this purpose? Recently, a broker...
HI I want to show one of these parameters of expert advisors properties on the chart, but I don't know which function or parameter can to use on my expert. please help me. long only short only long & short 
Why does it mean it has 85% maximum drawdown? I don't see it on the chart? The green and blue lines are going up
  OpenCL Query  (1)
How do I implement a for-loop with 'break' and 'continue' in OpenCL. The examples in the articles provided do not show this.
I ask you then this thing, in short, I want that when a particular order is closed because it reached its Take Profit, another specific pending order is closed. An example, if I buy in the market to 0.6400 and put Take Profit at 0.6500, well this is the first order (1). Well the same time I place...
  Sell Stop level  (3)
Hi, I would like to place a sell stop as on picture below: I have this loop below to find last up and last down ZigZag indicator but I don't want to place a pending order on the first up or down ZigZag, what is wrong into my loop? int limit2=1; for(int p=1;p<=limit2;p++)   {...
Some of these bots are just pure magic in the demos even at just 1:50 margins. I don't believe it. Please explain what's going on here.
I want to set condition when moving average crossed UP. enter Buy with 20 point above current price. and it should not enter if current price is more than 100 Point above Crossed Price. for example: for Gold FastMa crossed SlowMA at $1250. Entre buy at 1250.20 but does not enter if the price was
I got the code from ICoff at forexfactory i wanted to take out the stop loss settings in it and have it just close op on opposite candle It will open buy orders but not sell orders on sell orders i get error 130 Invalid stops...
hi guys, I lost my EA code, is there any way to recover it ? I just have blank page !! the result is left for me only. :( Bars in test5023Ticks modelled9946Modelling qualityn/aMismatched charts errors0Initial deposit10000.00Spread20Total net profit-605.89Gross profit4559.98Gross loss-5165...
Hi, I am considering offering a signal but how can there be protection for the signal going to one account and not being copied to another account. Also with the signal what information can also be sent?  I am thinking about messages or alerts, comments, etc?
hello everyone... I'm newbie and need help on probably very simple logic... how do you describe bullish and bearish candle in mql4 language? UpBarr = bullish candle; DwBarr = bearish candle; Thank you..
Hey folks, I have my EA running on a VPS and it's using max CPU. I deleted everything. Then I added back my indicators one at a time, monitoring the CPU. It was fine until I adde the EA. For each currenty pair I added, it took up about 12-15% CPU.  Is this common for EA's? I've read that an "open...