Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 363

condition  (1)
Hi, there are problems to put in the same condition the selection order and the magic number of the same order thus selected? Thanks. if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES) && OrderMagicNumber()==mnumber)
Hi i try to publish an EA on the market. I filled out the formular and sent it to moderators check . Til yesterday its status was waiting for moderator check and today its status is draft? Is that normal? There are no comments that i have to change something
  itime question  (2)
hi all, for iTime(NULL,0,0), this is the time of the candle open right? like 5m chart will be 19:00 19:05, etc
Hello, How I can check the Existence of EA file(mq4 or ex4 ) from Indicator or Script or another EA or anything else than Same EA. I'm C urrently Checking as FileIsExist(" \\Experts\\Sample.mq4" )
hello I have rented a vps from mql5 three days ago with latency 1.08ms and only signal synchronization. my signal provider have made many orders since and closed them but it haven't been copied in my plateform. why? I have selected all four options in signal tab. can anyone help me?
hi all, i am a bit confused here if i use ontick, 1) is iClose (NULL,NULL,0) the closing price at the end of current bar or tick price? 2) is Close[0] the tick price? Thanks
Hello all, I'm extremely new to this. My apologies in advance for my blunders. :) So i was able to write an EA code using online articles and 2 Expert Advisors (one was courtesy of Satyam who developed an EA for me and TradersGift which i got online). I think that I've got everything right with...
Hi all, I was surprised when I find out that in backtest and in demo accounts orders are being executed by the last price instead of bid/ask of the Symbol. Does MT5 works like that? Anyway I can change it to be executed by the bid/ask? I tried with TRADE_ACTION_DEAL and...
Hey guys,   I'm trying to run this very simple EA (written in mql5), but for some reason I always get this error:  2016.04.15 02:00:00.573 2012.10.05 07:17:59   CTrade::OrderSend: instant buy 0.01 NZDCAD at 0.80842 tp: 0.81842 [invalid volume]    EA is really very...
OrdersHistoryTotal() returns the number of closed orders in the account history loaded into the terminal. How can I load account history to all history by program in terminal? Thank you very much!
Warning: Rookie alert. Suppose we have a custom array of say 1's and 0's. Is it possible to lookup for an array of pattern inside that array? How do we translate that into a code? e.g. MyArray[] = {0,1,1,0,0,1,0,0,1,0,1,0,0,1,0,0,0,1,1,1,1,0,0...} //customized array PatternArray[5] = {1,0,1,0...
Hi I have rented two VPS one is 45273 and the other is 35817. They both connect to FXCM-REAL03. But I can't synchronize my EAs these days.And I get Send request failed [12002] Any help how to solve the problem please? Thanks
How does one close a position under the new hedging system via an MqlTradeRequest?
How would I code something like if bid is at 1.1756 then I want to put a buy limit at next 00 level below it or at 1.1700. Same or sell. If market at say 1.1756 then I want to place sell limit at closest above 00 level or 1.1800 for example. Is there a built in function that does something similar...
Hi I am tring to use Cexpert with TraillingParabolic Sar in BM&F, with WINJ16 Tick size is 5, Digits is 0 But I get invalid stops when expert tries to modified stop loss, it try for examplo 50323 instead a 5 multiples like 50320 or 50325 I put some comment in TraillingParabolicSAR.mqh to show...
Hi I have an EA that enters its first position when a trendline is crossed. I have 2 instances of the MT4 platform on my computer. The EA works perfectly well in live and demo trading on both platforms.  However, strategy testing of this EA only works on one of the platforms. On the other...
hi all, if i have 1 comment command at the top of the codes and at the bottom i have another comment command is it possible for the 2nd comment to be appended to the 1st one? currently i notice it will only show the 2nd (i guess the 2nd overwrite the 1st) thanks
Hello everybody! I am facing a problem. I had an account in a brokerage where I wasused to use de cloud to optimize my expert advisor. Last weekend I opened anotheraccount in a new brokerage and I had to install another MQL5 dedicated to thisbrokerage. Therefore, to use the cloud to optimize an...
I have this problem that gives me trouble for quite some days , I think it's pretty much a fact of the code structure, because in this case the shift of the news candle never increases . Because if the news comes out at 17:00 , at 17:01 the news candle will no longer 0 but will of course 1 ( M1 ) ,...
void CloseEverything()  { for(cnt=OrdersTotal()-1;cnt>=0;cnt--)     { xxx=OrderSelect(count,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES); if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && (OrderMagicNumber()==Magic || OrderComment()==Comment))        {...
So, here's a general template for my EA So far, there seems to be no compiling errors and warnings ... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...
i apologize in advance as I'm sure there were questions similar to this like thousands of times but currently, I'm in the process of developing a single EA with multiple currencies including OrderSend and OrderClose functions for several currencies so that the EA can screen currencies...
I have an EA that has so far never resulted in a loss but the reason for that is for my human interference. I was wondering if I could code in " Realms " but I am not sure how too go about it at this moment. I may figure it out in a month or so but I feel like I should brainstorm with a little...
My Broker's MT4 is giving error of too many positions open. Seems like there is a restriction of 200 max total positions that can remain open. They say MT4 has provided that, but I knowin past another broker was able to increase that number for my account. So can anyone tell what setting i that...
Both MT4 and MT5 are in the same computer. I'm not interested in any of the paid options. I've tried the free EAs I've found googling and in the codebase but most of them seem to be outdated. In other cases when I try to compile the code there are tons of errors (maybe outdated also??). Any of...
Hi there, my plan is to save the chart as a template bevor leaving it. This part works fine! It's the reload in 'OnInit', which don't do what I what. The MessageBox says "Template apply: 0" - but noting happends in the chart. I can load the template when going the manual way: right mouse button...
Hello everyone! When I download history data ( using f2 ) from somewhere where candles timezone is different to my or my broker's timezone then will they be converted to my timezone? Do copy* function return the candles time on my timezone? Thanks!
Hi guys, Am trying to create a simple EA that sets pending buy/sell STOP orders at previous bar high & low. See below extern bool TradeOnClose = true;extern int MagicNo = 144500;extern double Lots = 0.01;extern int SL = 20;extern int TP = 60;void OnTick(){...
I'm wondering if there is any interest in collecting performance statistics on the collection of free / demo expert advisors available on metatrader. I have been looking around the internet for this kind of information and have not found it. My idea is that I could set up an automated system that...
All, I have been study and search for good EA to help generate consistent profit.. would like to discuss with group here the topic what is the best EA so far you been used to help you generate good profit ? any suggestion or learning from the group can help each others gain better experience and...