Does anyone know whether it is possible to program one EA to run another EA? - page 2

Noo Porima:

Hey Guys,

I'm a newbie and am thinking of learning how to write an EA.

However I'm just wondering whether it's possible to program an EA to run another EA?

Thanks

I think possible or not, depend on your rule.

example, EA2 will run if EA1 has order

and etc...

Siti Latifah:

I think possible or not, depend on your rule.

example, EA2 will run if EA1 has order

and etc...

No, You can't create connections in between 2 EAs

Buy You can Create connection in between 2 indicators by using iCustom() function 

Sorry Khurram, I don't mean to deliberately keep correcting your comments mate and sincerely appreciate your input ;-)

You can "communicate" between 2 (or more) EAs or indicators using a variety of methods such as DLLs, named pipes, files, global variables and custom events. But as per the original question, you can't get one EA to "start" another if it's not already loaded, except using the template example mentioned previously. So using a combination of all of those methods, depending on exactly what you are trying to achieve, it may be possible to do what you want. 

But if you are just beginning programming, it may be better to start with something a lot easier as it is by no means a trivial task.

Stuart Browne:
Sorry Khurram, I don't mean to deliberately keep correcting your comments mate and sincerely appreciate your input ;-)

You can "communicate" between 2 (or more) EAs or indicators using a variety of methods such as DLLs, named pipes, files, global variables and custom events. But as per the original question, you can't get one EA to "start" another if it's not already loaded, except using the template example mentioned previously. So using a combination of all of those methods, depending on exactly what you are trying to achieve, it may be possible to do what you want. 

But if you are just beginning programming, it may be better to start with something a lot easier as it is by no means a trivial task.
:) Staurt, Thank you so much :D