Why do some of these bots have tests that are far too good to be true?

Some of these bots are just pure magic in the demos even at just 1:50 margins. I don't believe it. Please explain what's going on here.

Zexesy:
Some of these bots are just pure magic in the demos even at just 1:50 margins. I don't believe it. Please explain what's going on here.

If you don't believe it, that's a very healthy attitude! :D 

Never trust demo results

Never trust backtest results

Never trust demo signal results 

Never trust real signal results that were achieved before the signal went live

In life, if it's too good to be true, it usually is not true

In FX, if it's too good to be true, it is 100% guaranteed not to be true ;-)

The problem of backtest is that you know what happened and can adapt your EA to that market conditions to get pretty equity curve but as everybody know (or should know) market conditions change and on demo you do not get slippage which is an important factor to consider.

P.S: I not saying that backtest is useless I just saying that one should not rely on it blindly. 

Raymond Chien:

Just my personal observation...many systems out there  (not pointing any fingers)  too many of them are built for demos and also backtests...honestly speaking i notice different outcomes when you really go live. 

what you think? 

How do I know the before and after points of when these signals went live?

The only EA that works are the once you build by yourself or you get a coder to build one according to your logic. Everyone sees the market differently.