What's wrong with my algo-trading? - page 8

simpleton:
What if it works?
Murphy's Law in action :))

(1-p1)(1-p2)...(1-pn) where n-life (in bars).

tara:

Well, if someone didn't get it, no one necessarily got it.

I have a classmate who has been trading on one-month candles for several years. That's how he makes his living.

The question was about algorithmic systems, not about the intelligence and luck of individuals.

The topic-starter hasn't found any profitable system on large TFs and wanted to know what he was doing wrong.

If you know such systems? The fact that you know the classmate is clear.

The shallower the timeframe, the harder it is to find a profitable TS, precisely because of the impact of trading costs.

winner2008:
The smaller the timeframe, the harder it is to find a profitable trade, due to the effect of trading costs.

The smaller the timeframe, the harder it is to cheat yourself. The lucky streak ends sooner.

david2:

The lower the gf, the harder it is to cheat yourself. The lucky streak ends faster.

What are you talking about?! I've got the facts, you've got the chatter. No one's done away with the maths!

winner2008:

What are you talking about?! I've got the facts, you've got the chatter. Nobody cancelled the maths!

Suppose you trade on minute candlesticks and you got 100 trades in a month and concluded that the system is profitable (although in fact it is very little). To make the same test on the daily and get 100 trades you need 120 years of quotes history. The system should be tested at lower timeframes. The costs are bullshit. Set the spread=0.

winner2008:

What are you talking about?! I've got the facts, you've got the chatter. You're still doing the maths!
That's right, but it's the other way around. You have the talk and we have a profitable trading system.

In general, there is, unfortunately, very little specificity in the topic. To be honest, I don't even want to answer some of the opuses. It seems to me that my system will be more viable (though not yet profitable (without optimization) at this stage) in the long run than many forum users who have written in this thread.

winner2008:
In general, there is, unfortunately, very little specificity in the topic. To be honest, I don't even want to answer some of the opuses. It seems to me that my system will be more viable (though not yet profitable (without optimization) at this stage) in the long run than many forum users who have written off in this thread.
You are only partially right. Google the nicknames of your opponents and you will learn a lot about some of them. Perhaps re-read their responses and correct your opinion.
Reason: