What's wrong with my algo-trading? - page 4

prorab:
So it's easy to explain.
If daily candlesticks have a logical beginning and end, then smaller TFs are sliced into pieces without any logic, or rather with a very primitive logic.

What kind of logical end if trading is done around the clock?

what's wrong?

EVERYTHING is wrong ! ))

you ignore the indication system and think it's nonsense )))

Without indicators you'll lose :)) that's what your robot does...

paukas:
What kind of a logical end to this if commerce is conducted around the clock?
Well, salespeople may be in the shop 24 hours a day, but customers are usually asleep at night. Or is that not the case with you?

prorab:
Well, salespeople may be in the shop 24 hours a day, but customers are usually asleep at night. Or is that not the case with you?

In Europe it's night and in America it's daytime, but I see it differently here

paukas:
When it's night in Europe, it's daytime in America, but I see it differently in your country.
I see what you mean, we are talking about different things.
I'm not interested in multi-robots, that's why I and Euro evening (America) ignore it and sleep at night (Asia). So we are OK with daytime candles!

prorab:
I see your point, we are talking about different things.
I'm not interested in multi-robots, so I and Euro evening (America) ignore and night (Asia) sleep. So we're OK with day candles!

I don't know what multirobots are, but euro evening is it, trading. And the rest is pips on nothing.

It is very strange to come across such a position. It seems to me that most of them are defending indusers, saying that I won't go anywhere without them. Above you wrote that my effort to find a rational basis for price movement is in fact a random entry, but how do the indices differ in this case? Same random entry. Is the crowd as wrong as ever? In my entire trading history, I've only met three people (strangers to each other) really living off the market, all of whom profess to be algotrading based on price action, and all of whom speak negatively about indusers.

winner2008:
It is very strange to come across such a position. It seems to me that most people are defending the indices, saying that I won't go anywhere without them. Above you wrote that my effort to find a rational basis for price movement is in fact a random entry, but how do the indices differ in this case? Same random entry. Is the crowd as wrong as ever? In all my trading history, I've only met three people (strangers to each other) really living off the market, all of whom profess to be algotrading based on price action, and all speak negatively about indusers.
Your price action is also an indicator.

Integer:
Your priceaction is also an indicator.

Yes, but you can find some logic in it - why things happen this way and not that way. The logical connection to the price chart is much higher than with conventional indices.

paukas:
There are no profitable systems on daily candles. Everything is eaten up by the spread and swap.

Why, for example, here is how you can unwind $100 from 01 01 01 2011 to the present on D1 TP = 60l., SL = 500 (4-digit). at that, the last 280 daily candles are analysed, only then a buy or sell command is given:

There are 1958 bars in the history
2915 ticks simulated
Modeling quality n/a
Chart mismatch errors 0
Initial deposit 100.00
Spread Current (20)
Net profit 2800.82
Total profit 5045.14
Total loss -2244.32
Profitability 2.25
Expected payoff 2.93
Absolute drawdown 66.84
Maximum drawdown 541.74 (27.39%)
Relative drawdown 70.38% (78.78)
Total trades 957
Short positions (% win) 392 (87.50%)
Long positions (% win) 565 (91.50%)
Profitable trades (% of all) 860 (89.86%)
Loss trades (% of all) 97 (10.14%)
Largest
largest profitable trade 5.99
losing trade -50.77
Average
profitable trade 5.87
losing trade -23.14
Maximum number
continuous wins (profit) 137 (785.48)
Continuous losses (loss) 13 (-221.96)
Maximum
Continuous Profit (number of wins) 785.48 (137)
Continuous loss (number of losses) -226.05 (9)
Average
continuous winnings 26
consecutive losses 3

If you analyze only the last 3-5 candlesticks, you will deal with chaos, which is what the author has.

Reason: