What's wrong with my algo-trading? - page 2

winner2008:

I don't know what you mean. If you're referring to the logic of the system itself, then I've given you the reverse version too - the result is the same. And whatever logic I use, the result is the same.

We know that whichever way you open the door, the result will be 50/50 spread. It's not chess, but it's not even or odd! The rest is up to you!

winner2008:

I don't know what you mean. If you're referring to the logic of the system itself, then I've given you the reverse version too - the result is the same. And whatever logic I use, the result is the same.
Profitable strategy people are looking for years and most cannot find. So do not be surprised. Not many people manage to make a stable income on forex.

borilunad:

the result will be 50/50 spread

It's all understandable, that's why I'm aiming for larger TFs, to minimise the impact of the spread and to equalise the 50/50 ratio. But for some reason I can't achieve it at all. Maybe I just don't understand how to "prepare" the system correctly. I want to understand what is really an acceptable result for the "naked" variant, I understand that it needs optimization, but I want to understand what it is initially applied to by those people who actually trade on real accounts, i.e. to understand what is initially good and what is initially bad. Perhaps I am just being overly dramatic...

khorosh:
People have been looking for a profitable strategy for years and most cannot find one. So don't be surprised by anything. Not many people manage to make a steady income on the forex market.

These people are not looking to make money, they are just looking for fun.

winner2008:

It's all understandable, which is why I'm aiming for larger TFs, to minimise the impact of the spread and to equalise the 50/50 ratio. But for some reason I can't achieve it at all. Maybe I just don't understand how to "prepare" the system correctly. What really is an acceptable result for the "naked" variant, to what extent optimization is needed, it is clear that it is needed, but I want to understand what it is initially applied to by those people who actually trade on real accounts. Maybe I'm just being dramatic.
You have the wrong approach to the search itself. In other words, you're looking in the wrong place. Or the wrong...

artmedia70:
You have the wrong approach to the search itself. In other words, you're looking in the wrong place. Or the wrong...

That's what I'm saying, that I'm doing something wrong. That's the point of this thread - to find out what!

Observe, notice, analyse more! There are no ready-made recipes according to the logic of the market!

Maybe you will find something, then something will start to work!

borilunad:

There are no ready-made recipes, nor can there be by market logic!

So no one is asking for ready-made recipes. I've been told above that my approach to searching is generally wrong.

winner2008:

Greetings gentlemen!

Just recently started getting into robotics. The systems are unpretentious, but have some logical basis (if increased by so much %, then buy, etc. - price action can be said). There is no sense in giving codes. I don't use indicators at all due to my conviction in their uselessness. So, without optimization I have not managed to create ANY profitable system at the moment! What am I doing wrong? I've changed the parameters, I've swapped tp and sl and it's still a drain! But I mostly use large timeframes, daily ones in particular, with big tp and sl, so that the effect of the trade costs is minimal!

What am I doing wrong?!? Is it really the case that a trading system is almost a random choice of an entry rule (some combination of indyuks) overoptimized to the holes in history?

Gentlemen who really trade and just connoisseurs, please tell us!

This conviction of yours is akin to the same "nonsense".

First of all, you need to understand what an indicator is. And then to determine the degree of their "delirium".

For example, your constructions: "To buy at the opening of the zero bar, if the opening of the zero bar is higher than the closing of the first bar, while the closing of the first bar is higher than the opening of the same bar and the opening of the first bar is higher than the closing of the second bar, while the closing of the second bar is higher than its opening. For sales, the conditions are the other way round. Exit a position at the opening of the next bar after the entry bar. -- This is also an indicator, even though you don't understand it -- and the definition of "nonsense" is quite applicable to this indicator.

winner2008:

These people are not looking to make money, they are just looking to have a good time.
How do you know?
Reason: