What's wrong with my algo-trading? - page 5

winner2008:
It is very strange to come across such a position. It seems to me that most people are defending the indices, saying that I won't go anywhere without them. Above you wrote that my effort to find a rational basis for price movement is in fact a random entry, but how do the indices differ in this case? Same random entry. Is the crowd as wrong as ever? In all my trading history, I've only met three people (strangers to each other) really living off the market, all of whom profess to be algotrading based on price action, and all speak negatively about the indices.
Indicators would probably give a statistical advantage.

yosuf:

Why, for example, here's how you can break $100 from 01 01 2011 to the present on D1 TP = 60lb, SL = 500 (4 digits):

Yusuf. Doughnuts in dreams are not doughnuts, they are dreams (c)

paukas:

Yusuf. Dream doughnuts are not doughnuts, they are dreams (c)
Right, Vladimir, but I'm only talking about the principle possibility of trading on D1.

paukas:

There are no profitable systems on the day. Everything gets eaten up by the spread and swap.

If there's no diaries, then where? Weeks, months? That's investing, not trading...

winner2008:

If not on diaries, then where? Weeks, months? This is investing, not trading.

(Say centuries, too.)))

Everything is intraday.

paukas:

(Say centuries, too.)))

It's all in the day.

Then I don't quite understand the"Everything eats up the spread" idea. Exactly the smaller the timeframe - the greater the impact of the spread.

winner2008:

Then I don't quite understand the ideaof "The spread eats everything up". The smaller the timeframe, the greater the impact of the spread.

Is this what they tell you in the course?

paukas:

Is this what they instil in the course?

The banter is inappropriate, let's communicate without it... And yet, if we go back to the previous question about the spread?!

winner2008:

The banter is inappropriate, let's communicate without it.... And yet, if we go back to the previous question about the spread?!
The impact of the spread is independent of the TF. One trade = one spread.

paukas:
The impact of the spread is independent of the TF. One trade = one spread.

No way! Smaller timeframes have more trades, smaller targets.
Reason: