What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 36

Urain:

Yeah, that's what you mean. The question here is simple, thanks to this MQ with saved a lot of CPU time, in terms of Amazon forests practically planted it all over again.

The assumption is that the datafeed of dilling is in dilling and will die, there will be no migration of quotes from one dilling to another. In principle the assumption is correct, why would the quotes be migrated from one dealership to another.

If we don't do what MQ did (binding to the time of dealing) then at every data call they will need to convert them (make a GMT shift) to be correctly displayed to the local time. And the data is read often, and for every read call a converter would have to be put in place.

There's a philosophical question as to whether to do a local daylight saving cycle or have the whole world go to a single universal time. And MQ did not want to become a Promethean but simply followed the market. The market wants the Americans to wake up at the terminal and the Europeans want to see 8am.

Therefore, binding to the dealing is kind of logical. Moreover, MQL5 has a function for GMT translation, so expect the same in mql4++ soon.

Nikolay, ..... I didn't expect it from you. I wanted to answer you point by point, but I suspected that.... is this a joke?

--

The shortsightedness of marking quotes by server time is, to put it mildly, obvious. Apart from an attempt to "impose their rules of the game" in order to make data exchange more difficult, there is no logical purpose behind it. I.e. it is the actual effect such marking has had (and still has), one can only speculate whether it was intentional or not. Only Renat (MQ team) knows for sure. But you, me, and all our "friendly family" are dealing with this effect. And, for example, if now (oh my god!) the party line will soften and they "open" the loading of quotes in MT5, the entire nuisance of time conversion-version on these quotes will appear, just like in MT4. This could have been avoided, even at the beta-testing stage of MT5 there were reasonable voices (yelling!) from forums concerning the desirability of implementing UTC for markup of quotes. And it wasn't too late - MT5 sales hadn't started yet.

If we didn't do what MQ did (reference to dealing time), then every time the data was called, it would need to be converted (GMT offset) to correctly display the local time. And the data is read often, and a converter would have to be attached to each read call.

Wasn't it your underage son who wrote it for you? ;) You gotta be kidding me... I don't believe it.

The solution to this (non-existent) problem is simple: the displayed time should be formed only in the visualization (coordinate grids, tooltips, etc.) and the user has the choice: with what offset from UTC/GMT to display the quotes. They can use their local shift or server shift, or the localization place of their favourite stock exchange or their childhood town.

// For me, for example, it is convenient to display the Moscow time (and not the server time), because I live in the time zone of Moscow. When programming, I prefer UTC and only UTC(GMT) ! Since it is universal by definition.

None of the users of the system don't need the server time, including the brokers: what if the broker moves to another timezone, is it so unreal? :)

/*

(updated): Theoretically it is not too late to change the quotes time to UTC - in one weekend all servers and terminals will switch to a separate converted quote base (on all local computers - both server and terminal) - but now it is a much more resource demanding task that has different ends meet a huge number of limitations (for example, lack of space on the trader's disk). So... it's simply unrealistic that Renat would even put it on, it looks so utopian even on the long run. There is absolutely no benefit for MQ, only the most incredible hassle, which is always enough as it is. As a last resort, if it's already indecent to stay in this timezone mess, you could schedule UTC quotes for ... let's say MT6... :-) :-)

*/

Most importantly, matchmaking is easy to check. You put a limit inside the spread from one client and eat it up with a counter-mark from another, you get execution without a spread. I'm sure many companies wouldn't like that, it would be hard to make it work. But if software forces a move towards market mechanisms, then I'm all for it. There is nothing to stop us implementing both schemes and seeing what clients choose.

MetaDriver:

Nikolai, ..... didn't expect to hear from you. I wanted to reply point by point, but I suspected that.... is this a joke?

--

The shortsightedness of marking quotes by server time is, to put it mildly, obvious. Apart from an attempt to "impose their rules of the game" in order to make data exchange more difficult, there is no logical purpose behind it. I.e. the effect that such marking has had (and still has), one can only speculate whether it was intentional or not. Only Renat (MQ team) knows for sure. But you, me, and all our "friendly family" are dealing with this effect. And, for example, if now (oh my god!) the party line will soften and they "open" the loading of quotes in MT5, the entire nuisance of time conversion-version on these quotes will appear, just like in MT4. This could have been avoided, even at the beta-testing stage of MT5 there were reasonable voices (yelling!) from forums concerning the desirability of implementing UTC for markup of quotes. And it wasn't too late - the MT5 sales hadn't started yet.

Wasn't it your underage son who wrote it for you? ;) You've got to be kidding... I don't believe it.

The solution to this (non-existent) problem is simple to stupid: the time displayed is generated exclusively by visualization (coordinate grids, tooltips, etc.) and the user has the choice: with what offset from UTC/GMT to display the quotes. They can use their local shift or server shift, or the localization place of their favourite stock exchange or their childhood town.

// For me, for example, it is convenient to display the Moscow time (and not the server time), because I live in the time zone of Moscow. When programming, I prefer UTC and only UTC(GMT) ! Since it is universal by definition.

None of the users of the system don't need the server time, including the brokers: what if the broker moves to another timezone, is it so unreal? :)

No not a banter, I myself wrote a timezone breaker for bars starting from H1, but it's been a long time ago and for MT4. I don't mean that I was terribly slow, but I had some lags. I understand that mql4 is slow and that low-level stuff is faster.

But think about it, under each sneeze of requesting data will need to put a server time switch!!! and the need to establish the true UTC time is not so common. Compare third-party news release data, and compare some quotes.

This is a drop in the ocean compared to the other data calls that are required just in the dilling timezone.

This is Russia that lives in several timezones at once and uses dillings from God knows where, Europe and America practically do not have to adapt to unusual times.

MetaDriver:

no need for server time, including brokers: what if a broker moves to a different timezone, is that unrealistic? :)

Here you have an ideological mistake.

The system administrator wants the terminal to show 17-00 when he leaves work at 17-00. And in the logs it will show 17-00. And the server will show the time 17-00.

because if there is an error it will not make a 4-hour difference with UTS and it will see one thing in one log and another in the other and will not be confused.

That's why the vast majority of brokers have chosen their timezone.

---

PS. and they don't really care about ticks.

sergeev:

and here you have an ideological error.

just like the sysadmin wants, ...... .... .... PS. they don't really care about tics.

Ah, hell...! That's right! I hadn't thought about the importance of personal preference for sysadmins... Once I started thinking (thank you!) about their potential problems, I realized the danger I'd run by trying to pull my own life away from them (as a pathetic terminal user). Obviously... make sysadmins work in UTC environment, and with fatal inevitability, gradually POSIX time will disorient them in time, and then in space.... and they are simply doomed to never make their date at the right place, much less the right time... and therefore stop reproducing.... and eventually die out like mammoths.... and the saber-toothed trilobites..... will be left without admins..... tech support will open their veins ... etc ...until a tsunami hits me too, by being rolled into asphalt by investors.... .......Ъ Ж=[

I get it, Alex. I get it, I get it. I'll get better at it.

Off to pray for the sysadmins.

Hello, I have a few questions.

1. I'm tired of installing MQL programs manually, can this procedure be simplified?

When I download Expert Advisors and indicators from the Internet, I have to manually place them in folders in the terminal directory. This is not convenient. I have to open Explorer, find path like I have "C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4 FX UPME\experts" and copy EA there. Can we make it easier? For example, just open terminal and drag and drop EA from desktop to navigator window. Or make some kind of installer in MetaEditor for programmers who create mql software.

2. Is it possible to make one PC has only one copy of the terminal?

I have 14 MT4 terminals from different brokers installed on my PC. It seems to me that it would be possible to have only one copy of temrl, and 14 plugins or similar for all 14 brokers. And one meta-editor too. And one folder for MQL programs.

3. is it possible to make mql4 programs work in MT5 too, and mql5 programs work in MT4?

I think it would make it more convenient for users and developers.

1) Your terminal has a "Code Base" tab open it, right click on the selected indicator, advisor, or script. Select "install" from the context menu.

2) Nothing prevents you from connecting to any broker from the same terminal, just enter your authorisation and broker server address.

3) No, they are completely different technologies.

Yur:

Hello, I have a few questions.

1. I'm tired of installing MQL programs manually, can this procedure be simplified?

When I download Expert Advisors and indicators from the Internet, I have to manually place them in folders in the terminal directory. This is not convenient. I have to open explorer, find path like mine "C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4 FX UPME\experts" and copy EA there. Can we make it easier? For example, just open terminal and drag and drop EA from desktop to navigator window. Or make some kind of installer in MetaEditor for programmers who create mql software.

2. Is it possible to make one PC has only one copy of the terminal?

I have 14 MT4 terminals from different brokers installed on my PC. It seems to me that it would be possible to have only one copy of temrl, and 14 plugins or similar for all 14 brokers. And one meta-editor too. And one folder for MQL programs.

3. is it possible to make mql4 programs work in MT5 too, and mql5 programs work in MT4?

I think it would make it more convenient for users and developers.

I totally agree, +100500, I also really need an Expert Advisor with a [dough] button.

For some reason, MQ programmers are carefully avoiding this topic. Apparently they are not honest programmers and keep everything convenient for themselves. :)

Dear Sir your post just reeks of inadequacy, I suspect either a blondie or a 10-year-old kid.

1 when downloading, specify where you need to download, and you'll be happy.

If you don't use them all at the same time, you just do not know that one terminal can log in to different accounts and brokers. If you use all of them at the same time, you'll be shocked if MQ prohibit to run more than one copy on one machine, while the account in the terminal is one and you need a second computer to run the second terminal

3 This is just a question of bringing the platforms closer together, there won't be full compatibility but it will be very close.

Man, it's the 21st century ... it's about time we abolished time zones in principle.

In five years, the withdrawal will be over and the ordnung will come

FAQ:

1) Your terminal has a "Code Base" tab open it, right click on the selected indicator, advisor, or script. Select "install" from the context menu.

2) Nothing prevents you from connecting to any broker from the same terminal, just enter your authorisation and broker server address.

3) No, it's completely different technology.

Careful provocation.

Although hz )