What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 34

chief2000:

Who will demand quality history from brokers if it is difficult to test a strategy and get results on their shoals (or even complete absence of history on the instruments of interest) in MT5. You in MQ could upload such a high-quality history to the MT5 demo server for 5-10 years for the most popular Russian and foreign indexes and futures, the more so that your employee can handle everything in one day - you may not even update it anymore, but it would serve as a base, based on which traders could check the workability of their ideas. It would give traders an incentive to demand the same story from brokers. In addition, you would attract interest in MT5 from stock and futures traders who need intraday history (I know from chatting on the forums). The cost to you is negligible, the return is huge.

Yes, we have deep forex histories on demo for 10 years and more.

Indices and beyond will definitely be added - we will have to do the work ourselves to the best of our ability.

Renat:

Look how the MQL5 community is growing - 103 360 registered members already: https://www.mql5.com/ru/wall

That's the same thing I wrote to my broker... and do you know what he replied?

http://forexsystems.ru/obsuzhdenie-raboty-i-uslovii-brokerov/69834-gkfx-obsuzhdenie-raboty-kompanii-211.html#post670801

Renat:

Yes, the forex histories on the demo we have are deep for 10 years and more.

Indices and beyond will definitely be added - we will have to do the work ourselves to the best of our ability.

++

Renat:

Yes, the forex histories on the demo we have are deep for 10 years and more.

Thanks. That would be really great.

JJerboa:

Please take a look in your personal communication.

JJerboa:

That's what I wrote to my broker... and you know what he said?

http://forexsystems.ru/obsuzhdenie-raboty-i-uslovii-brokerov/69834-gkfx-obsuzhdenie-raboty-kompanii-211.html#post670801

Let me answer as I know a lot more.

Dmitry deliberately ignored MT5 from the very beginning, didn't even want to understand it and got into a loop by creating a custom stack for 4. He had an option to use MT5 with normal stakes, normal integration with ECN networks and liquidity providers (Currenex, Integral, Hotspot, CitiFX, FastMatch). It was enough to spend a couple of months on your own (if badly needed) gateways and you're all set to go.

But instead, being a techie in spirit, he went to build a bicycle. The bike turned out, but at what cost, of what kind and with what future. And now the answers are legitimate.

When decisions are made for years to come, you have to think hard, cut out self-deception and listen more often to those who really influence the market. In addition, the bet must be placed on those who methodically win the technology races.

Renat:

Take a look at MQL5 community growth - 103 360 registered members already: https://www.mql5.com/ru/wall

Note the activity of MQL5.community on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/mql5.community

214,000 likes and tons of materials - this is not a fake news, but pure and absolutely white work with traders. And there's no Russian segment there at all.

Renat:

Let me answer that as I know a lot more.

Dimitri deliberately ignored MT5 from the beginning, didn't even want to understand it and got his head in a noose by creating a custom betting market for 4. He had an option to use MT5 with normal stakes, normal integration with ECN networks and liquidity providers (Currenex, Integral, Hotspot, CitiFX, FastMatch). It was enough to spend a couple of months on own (if badly needed) gateways and everything is ready to go.

But instead, being a techie in spirit, he went to build a bicycle. The bike turned out, but at what cost, of what kind and with what future. And now the answers are legitimate.

When decisions are made for years to come, you have to think hard, cut out self-deception and listen more often to those who really influence the market. In addition, the bet must be placed on those who methodically win the technology races.

Hello, Renat.

I would like to comment on.

1. I am not against MT5. Moreover, we are developing its connection to our ECN and will connect it sooner or later.

2. I don't need a tumblr, and I don't need a connection to suppliers. I need clients first of all. The glass and the suppliers is the second to satisfy the clients who come to me. I do not see any demand for MT5 in Russia at the moment. It is proved by low activity on Russian forums and it is confirmed by companies, which have both MT4 and MT5 in their arsenal. Maybe the situation is different in the West. When I go to the West, I will see. Although we will do MT5 for sure.

3. I don't need gateways of others. You have a reconnect in MT4 that really spoils the quality of my work. I understand that you work for everyone, and most people are just interested in delays. If I had such a reconnect, I would lock the developers at work and wouldn't let them out until the reconnect was removed. And you have to wait for months. That's why I don't need someone else's development, I develop for myself and fulfill my wishes as needed.

4. I re-invented the wheel, but on MT4. Our ECN platform is independent. I was building the foundation for my company (exactly for the future, without self-deception), on which anything can be erected. I do not want to be a clone of hundreds of companies, I want to be individual. And we already have a lot, which others would not even dream of.

5. In terms of the quality of ECN, I believe that we are now among the favourites in the technology race. All that remains is to explain this to the world, which is what we plan to do in the coming years.

Once again, we will make MT5. I believe that technologically it strongly wins over MT4 because of speed, asynchrony, etc., but loses because of netting, which the mass of Russian speaking (I don't know about western) clients don't like. I can't start a company on a less popular terminal, I had no choice.

Hi,

I don't mind - both MT4 and MT5 are progressing well.

But what you said about your cup and independence is really a sunk cost, which only gave a brake on development. And ignoring MT5 was because you didn't see the point and there was a ready-made MT4. With MT5 you would have obtained a much faster and more beautiful solution.

There is no problem with netting - it just turned out to be a common myth that those who were sitting on MT4 started to follow. Time has shown that this myth has nothing to do with the real reasons. Some of the brokers have fooled themselves.

There may be many well-deserved complaints against us, but look around - we have built an amazing infrastructure and made MetaTrader 5. In the current situation it is too late to criticize the old fixed problems of the previous platform. And it was clear from the start that MT5 does not have the annoying problems that were in 4.

Renat:

Apparently you have imported a history that conflicts with your broker's history by timezone or something else. The nature of the shifts indicates this.

Just so traders can click the button and get everything they need, that's what we aim for. This is how it works in MetaTrader 5. You press the button and you have a complete guarantee that everything will be correct and you don't have to think about synchronization issues.

So you created the timezone problem yourself, and now you are creating a closed space with your own "standard" of time - different from the rest of the world.