What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 32

Renat:

Not us, but the broker.

So you take an email/phone/Skype, start writing/calling/requesting a normal history from your broker where you have invested your money. The broker grumbles, spends 1-2 days, corrects the history and then starts following it, understanding the traders requests. The result is a good story for you, as well as thousands of other traders who trade on the RTS.

The time of bulk exports/imports with third-party custom software for 2.5 people is over. Now everything is done in a single state-of-the-art environment and provides a massive service to millions.

Renat, let's not go far for examples of broken quotes!

Renat:

We're talking about millions of traders who at most agree to click the Start button.

Look at how it's done with MetaTrader 5, which is a head above MT4 when it comes to quotes. You just use the platform and don't bother yourself with history questions. Everything works and downloads automatically.

Generally speaking, it is strange to see how algotraders who are testing continue to sit on MT4 and do not want to compare the MT5 tester. After the MT5 tester there is no point in going back to MT4.

Why, in the mt5 tester, when you visualize it, there is no possibility to attach indicators to the window?

Have you checked them yourself? People here don't hesitate to post things that are known to be false.

Here is the same chart for 6 April 2011 on our MetaTrader 4 MetaQuotes-Demo: https://www.mql5.com/en/charts/594718/usdjpy-h1-metaquotes-software-corp

Chart USDJPY, H1, 2013.08.02 11:29 UTC, MetaQuotes Software Corp.

Renat:

Not us, but the broker.

So you take an email/phone/Skype, start writing/calling/requesting a normal history from your broker where you have invested your money. The broker grumbles, spends 1-2 days, corrects the history and then starts following it, understanding the traders requests. As a result, you get a good history, as well as thousands of other traders who trade on the RTS.

The time of bulk exports/imports with third-party custom software for 2.5 people is over. Everything is now done in a single state-of-the-art environment and provided as a mass service to millions.

By doing so you cut off the free search mechanism.

You operate with a team mind, and have the ability to do things that one can't do alone.

Dilling also works in command, and until the critical mass of traders does not vote with their feet no one will scratch, and there will be no normal history. But that's not even the question.

Some loner will create his own data, and he won't get anything normal by it, the other one will create TS, which will give something new. And if the market recognises it, you and the dealing will pick it up.

But by cutting off this mechanism, we will never get a chance for this TC to see the light of day again.

Understand you are creating opportunities, b2b software. And in fact (now) you want to cut them off.

Renat:

Have you checked them yourself? People here don't hesitate to post things that are obviously false.

Here is the same chart for April 6, 2011 on our MetaTrader 4 MetaQuotes-Demo: https://www.mql5.com/en/charts/594718/usdjpy-h1-metaquotes-software-corp

Who are they?

Both yesterday and today I tried to use F2 to download the quotes.

MT says "Quotes will be downloaded from MQ server...".

After downloading I get a bit of history.

Who should I appeal to?

Urain:

Let's break down the problem:

You don't have to explain it to me.

I have been doing this job for over 13 years. And all that time I have had to beg/stimulate/require brokers to do trivial and simple things. I am not even talking about traders - all the history of communication is online.

I know that the only way to solve problems en masse is to find the root and push it. Not to run away to the side on crutches, but precisely to make sure that no one has any other way out but the right one. We've already made crutches in MT4 and left the whole world with an incomplete story. In MT5 we have fundamentally closed this problem firstly with M1 quotes including spread, and secondly with unlimited and automatically pumped history.

The right way is to demand correct history from brokers. So don't be shy.

Renat:

I don't need to explain it to you.

I have been doing this work for more than 13 years. And all this time I have to beg/stimulate/demand brokers to do trivial and simple things. I am not even talking about traders - all the history of communication is online.

I know that the only way to solve problems en masse is to find the root and push it. Not to run away to the side on crutches, but precisely to make sure that no one has any other option but the right one. We've already made crutches in MT4 and left the whole world with an incomplete story. In MT5 we have fundamentally closed this problem firstly with M1 quotes including spread, and secondly with unlimited and automatically pumped history.

The right way is to demand correct history from brokers. So don't be shy.

This context I understand, to create a wave of outrage from traders forcing the dillings to improve.

But cutting the custom chart offline mechanism (imho) is unreasonable, much better to develop it and transfer it to custom chart online mechanism - this is quite a promising direction.

The market will be the only way to get the money from a single broker and then the free market, if the single broker is right, the market will mark it.

Contender:

Who are they?

Both yesterday and today I tried using F2 to download quotes.

MT says "quotes will be downloaded from MQ server...".

After downloading I get a bit of history.

Who do I appeal to?

Ah, so we still come to the position of "what about me? I just pressed the Start button! why are you loading me with speculation?".

That's exactly what this is about. There is no publicly (and not publicly) available quality historical data and even what one can dig up is in no way suitable for direct unthinking import. That is, the theory that "I can import whatever I want and use" is falling apart.

How many traders I've encountered who have gotten mind-numbingly fluffy tick histories from eSignal/Tenfore/megamix, rejoiced like a child with the thought that here it is a real flow, that now they will use it to do whatever they want. But after a couple of days the fairy tale has dissolved and it turns out that the entire flow is nonsense, it must be heavily filtered, it is at variance with the broker's history and generally cannot be synchronized with the tester.

Apparently, you have imported a history that conflicts with the history of your broker in terms of timezones or something else. The nature of the shifts indicates this.

Just so traders can click the button and get everything they need, that's what we aim for. This is how it works in MetaTrader 5. You press the button and you have a complete guarantee that everything will be correct and you don't have to think about synchronization issues.

Urain:

This context I understood, to create a wave of outrage from traders forcing dillings to improve.

Look at how many services we run and why are we upgrading language?

It's also from the fact that brokers and third party developers for the most part only act in their own direction and try to segment/break up the MT ecosystem.

To maintain a great ecosystem, we need to push the right points and remove the parasitic points. Where we can't push, we have to build it ourselves and then methodically coax traders and brokers over years. By launching MetaTrader 4 AppStore, we are solving a big range of problems, protecting and growing our ecosystem.

The right broker's story is exactly the pain point and responsive point that traders need to push.

Renat:

That's it, it's a standstill,

Open your browser and you will immediately come across two types of ads: gossip and VC offers to multiply your capital. Why listen to a pathetic bunch of highly intelligent splinters? The crowd, unaware that they will be scammed like suckers, will do their job, others will take their place. Whether the story is good or not won't solve anything, so why bother?

It's no use howling at the broker, I've already tried)