MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 14

sever31:
In the moment, yes, the existence of two differently directed positions, e.g. same volume, different trading systems = no netting position, but, isn't it clear that the result of these trades affects the tree of further trading decisions for independent trading systems whose current trades, once again, have randomly formed a lock?

I wrote: if there is such a need, it is not difficult to organize your own registration. I will tell you more: for optimization "on the fly" it would be better to write your own tester - it is not so difficult: it does not need to be universal as in MT4.

This, of course, does not mean that I welcome the lack of locking capability - I'm just saying that nothing terrible has happened ......

Since the terminal is free, it is wise to use what is provided by the developer. If there is a need for something outside of this, you can either do it yourself, or pay for it, or change the platform - to each his own.

Avals:

trade 1024 strategies => pervert :)
I had the same thought) Sorry, MetaDriver. Geeks are the same in Africa, they always think black is white and white is black)

It is a pity that in mt5 there is no possibility to test on real ticks, but only on minutes - it is a useful thing for stock markets

VladislavVG:

... it makes more sense to write your own tester...

)))) I almost fell out) Let's be honest, what else are we supposed to write...

OnGoing:

Yeah)))))))) let's co-write and debug a completely new MT6 and give it to the metaquotes. what's there, it's easier to write it ourselves.))))))))

OnGoing:

Nothing for you: use what you have )))))))))....

And don't forget to thank developers for it.

If you have suggestions, you can express them too, but complaints can only be made to those who were hired to do the job - if you paid for the terminal, you must demand from the manufacturer what you paid for.

And by the way, I am not in any way related to developers ;) ....

As usual, the public was divided into two camps. The anti-lock camp and the pro-lock camp. Opponents prove that you can do without locks and they are right in their own way. Proponents - subconsciously understand that there is something that gives locks, some advantage, but usually do not understand what it is.
The battle between "consciousness" and "subconscious" will be eternal.

VladislavVG:

I wrote: if there is such a need, it is not difficult to organize your own accounting. I'll tell you more: for optimization on the fly, it makes more sense to write your own tester - it's not that difficult: you don't have to make it universal as in MT4.

This, of course, does not mean that I welcome the lack of locking capability - I'm just saying that nothing terrible has happened ......

Since the terminal is free, it is wise to use what is provided by the developer. If there is a need for something beyond that, you can either do it yourself, pay for it, or change the platform - to each his own.

Accounting for virtual positions? Of course you can, but that's not the point. The point is that the market situation has changed, the price has passed, for example, 50 pips, and that alone dictates making a decision that takes this event into account. You see? The market situation that happened somewhere in the middle of TS operation, at the moment of hitting a random gap, is unique and I wasn't allowed to open positions there.

ok...

DmitriyN:

As usual, the public was divided into two camps. The anti-lock camp and the pro-lock camp.
Opponents prove that you can do without locks and they are right in their own way.
Proponents - subconsciously understand that there is something that gives locks, some advantage, but usually do not understand what it is.
The battle between "consciousness" and "subconscious" will be eternal.

the difference is that 4ka is easier for non-professional programmers.

hhohholl:

The lock is two trades, maybe from different TS and they are conducted according to indiv. methods.

With netting, I am not in the market at all. Don't you get it?

I don't do virtual trading.

When you lock with a counter position, the market only remembers you when swaps are charged. The rest of the time you are out of the market, i.e. locked positions are virtual, and not real. Moreover, the virtuality does not even have to be proved, as it is sufficient to look at the equity to see that it does not change, and therefore the locks are out of the market.

Some time ago, there were similar boozers who tried to prove that programming was impossible without the unconditional switch operator - GOTO. The revolt on the ship was brutally suppressed. There remained only some perverts who still defend their "truth", programming in Fortranes, Cobol and other extinct programming languages, and do not leave the hope that one day "evil" will be overthrown and GOTO will be written in the constitution.

OnGoing:

You understand that the lock in this case is not an end in itself, but an opportunity to manage the positions of several MTS in one account?

Lock is not an end in itself, but a self-defeating one. Or to be more precise, it is arrogance. It is possible to manage multiple MTS on one account on a netting platform as well. There are a sea of options:

1. Virtual orders

2. Cumulative position, but take and loss are replaced by a similar pending order, and when one of them triggers, the paired one is removed onTrade() event

And so on and so forth.

Netting simplifies automated trading both in terms of code and in terms of handling of different situations, because it is difficult and sometimes impossible to manage a bunch of positions, especially on MT4, where there is only one single trade thread. And in some TS, it may be necessary either to increase, or decrease the volume of positions. For example, a flip on a double counter is performed on a netting platform in just one trade order. On MT4, at a minimum, two orders would be required, i.e. counter orders will not always overlap and additional attempts will have to be made. Consequently, MT4 requires writing additional code to handle an elementary situation. I am not even talking about how many times MT4 raised the question of how to correctly calculate the breakeven on an instrument with many open positions. On MT5 the breakeven is where the open price of the cumulative position is, i.e. you don't need to calculate anything else.