MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 4

OnGoing:

)) Look at what a stone flower for example turns out to be by the opener of the hour bars.

When we tried to run it on tick history from Dukas, the grail was immediately deflated)

This is exactly the situation with the MT4 is more probable. In MT5-tester such "simplification" is just being developed (at workers insistence), and today's tester 5 executes all deposit orders (including take and stop) inside a bar regardless of a mode. (That is why it works slower even "at opening prices").

And apply the modes that are appropriate for the strategy. And don't criticise those which are not appropriate for your particular strategy. However, Reshetov has already mentioned nails and TV.

MetaDriver:

This is exactly the situation with MT4. In MT5-tester such "simplification" is just being developed (at persistent requests of workers), while in basic mode all the pending orders (including take and stop) work inside a bar regardless of the mode. (That's why it works slower even "at opening prices").

And we should use those modes that are appropriate to the strategy. And do not criticize those that are not suitable for your specific strategy. However, Reshetov already mentioned about nails and TV.

OHLC is not a better run (not about stops and take's), I was recently convinced of that. The only plus of MT5 tester is floating spread. That's it.

OnGoing:
OHLC is not a better run (I'm not talking about stops and take's), I made sure of that recently. The only good thing about the MT5 tester is floating spread. That's it.

Well, thank God there's at least one plus... :) That's +1.

Huh...

OnGoing:
If we use OHLC, the spread will not increase (it's not about stops and takes), I checked this recently. The only positive of MT5 tester is floating spread. That's it.

I always try to optimize at the highest spreads (weekend spreads are the highest). If an EA is profitable at the highest spreads, it means that it will also show profit at lower spreads (on weekdays).

Therefore, the floating spread is a disadvantage, you will not be able to test it properly. Some sectors have large spreads, others have small ones. If the spread is small, the EA will pass in the optimizer, and in a similar situation in trading - the spread will be increased and...

It would be better if they make the user enter the value of spread (fixed) into the tester, whatever he/she wants.

I also do not understand why the language is so sophisticated, if the trader is offered to work in the long term) What kind of super-brain is needed to enter the market once a week).

I do not know why it feels that way.

I don't know why. But 4 is like a graceful gazelle when compared to MT5) And it has the same opportunities to implement ANY strategy.

I can check absolutely any idea in MT4 in half an hour, while here I have to scour the whole document just to make a basic promo position. Then it takes another couple of hours to do it without unnecessary swearing in the log.

OnGoing:

I also do not understand why the language is so sophisticated, if the trader is offered to work in the long term) What kind of super-brain is needed to enter the market once a week).

I do not know why it feels that way.

I don't know why. But 4 is like a graceful gazelle when compared to MT5).

I can check absolutely any idea in MT4 in half an hour, while here I have to scour the whole document just to make a basic promo position. Then I have to spend another couple of hours for that to happen without unnecessary shouting in the log.

Well, well.

Apparently you want to convince yourself that a foursome is better, but you need external consent-affirmation-disapproval. For a better night's sleep. So be my guest. Stay with your frisky gazelle as long as you like!

If anyone asks, tell them I said yes.

OnGoing:

So study it first, then you can tell me. You might break your dick if you don't. )))

tol64:
So study it first, then you can tell me. You might as well break your dick at first. )))
Have you ever touched MT5? If not, you have no moral right to talk about it.)

zxc:

I always try to optimize at the highest spreads (weekend spreads are the highest). If an EA is profitable at the maximum spreads, it means that it will also show profit at lower spreads (on weekdays).

Therefore, the floating spread is a disadvantage, you will not be able to test it properly. Some sectors have large spreads, others have small ones. The Expert Advisor will pass in the optimizer on this small spread, and in a similar situation in trading - the spread will be increased and...

It would be better if the user would enter a (fixed) value of spread in the tester, whatever he or she likes.

In fact the increase of spread is easily simulated (in MT5). There is an opportunity to write your own optimization criterion function and in it you can recalculate the profit taking into account the widened spread.

The formula itself is simple: Calculated Balance = Balance-(number of trades*add_to_spread*point_price): when testing with a fixed lot, you can calculate it in one move at the end of the run. With another MM it is a bit more complicated - deductions have to be made in the process of testing (and the result is printed at the end), but it can be easily solved if you want to.

--

If tester-5 speeds up to quad - I'll delete quad from my folders altogether. Well, maybe I'll leave the distribution, just in case there's some millionth order... :) And even so - in extreme cases it is possible to download it. For very bad (:nowhere to download:) - let the client provides... ;-))

MetaDriver:

Well, well.

Apparently you want to convince yourself...

Tell me, what magical things you have found in MT5, i.e. in MT5, that you don't have in 4?