The market is a controlled dynamic system. - page 149

Paukas, as usual, turns on the fool. But a sly one, with a hint of more potatoes. And this one's not even cooked yet. Anyway, let's get on with it...

Vinin:

If you look (think about it), it's about something else entirely

It's always about one thing. It's about money.

paukas:

It's always about one thing. It's about money.
Here comes the first obstacle, how much are the potatoes these days?

avtomat:

Are you purposely using such good cookware in the example, and such a mediocre electric cooker ?

(I'm afraid to really just lose your point. )

>

solar:

Are you purposely using such good cookware in the example, and such a mediocre electric cooker ?

(I'm afraid to really just lose your point. )

We have to look for the dog buried by the Automat

Well, we've had a smoke, we've laughed, we've joked... Let's get on with our culinary delights.

Let me remind you that we have managed to make a structural diagram of our potato boiling system:

the setter takes one of possible values from the set of admissible values

and the transfer functions (TF) of the elements:

electric heater

pot

Everything is now ready for boiling potatoes. However, before we start the actual boiling process, it is useful to see how the pot with water and potatoes behaves in different heating modes, i.e. in different positions of the regulator.

avtomat

What is your topic of interest?

This example comes to mind all the time when I'm cooking dinner. I often control the lid, but it's an ineffective regulator - if you open it a little, it stops boiling, if you close it a little, it boils and foams. You need fine tuning.) In my opinion, controlling the lid is like trading on price (the lid is a secondary parameter, and price is a secondary parameter).

Recall that the ambient temperature, and with it the initial temperature of the heater and the temperature of the pot with water and potatoes, is 15 °C

Let's see how the cooker heats up and the pot heats up in different modes:

0 -- "off".

1 -- 90 °C

The heating time to the target temperature of 90 °C (entering the +/- 5 % zone) is ≈ 13 minutes

2 -- 100 °C

Heating time to 100 °C (arrival within +/- 5%) is ≈ 13 minutes

3 -- 110 °C

Heating time to the maximum possible temperature of 100 °C is ≈11 minutes. The target temperature of 110 °C is not achievable for a pan with water and potatoes.

4 -- 120 °C

The heating time to the maximum possible temperature of 100 °C is approx. 9 minutes. The water and potatoes pot cannot reach the set temperature of 120 °C.

Now that you have sorted out both the electric cooker and the pot, you can now boil the potatoes.

Well, it's time to boil the potatoes. Put the pot on the cooker. Turn on the cooker to maximum heat (r=4).

Knowing that the water will boil in about ten minutes, we can go to the TV to watch the news.

In ten minutes we go to the kitchen and look, the water is boiling. So we reset the heating, and to do this, turn the knob to the r=1 position.

After a couple of minutes the frantic boiling calms down to a good boil, and after another couple of minutes the boiling becomes too weak. So we add heat by turning the regulator to position r=3 (at the 15th minute). The boiling gradually, and quite quickly, is restored. We look, and the potatoes are almost ready. Therefore let's set the heating back to r=1. Here we are distracted by some news on TV. Having returned to the kitchen five minutes later (25th minute), we see that the water is not boiling, but the potatoes are already ready. So we turn off the cooker r=0. The potatoes should be removed and the water drained, but then the doorbell rings, a neighbour comes in, we smoke for five minutes....