Catching a reversal or correction - page 34

Good night.

Why did I get in? I read your thread all the time as you are setting up a system to "break through". Yesterday, I saw two ladies of retirement age. So I decided to suggest a normal working machine. I decided to make a recommendation for action. Although, Ichimoku is so well known that I do not even know what I can tell you, a person who has many years trading, programming, and probably worked and knows Ichimoru .I will try. Illuminate a piece of the situation as I understand it. On the screenshot, there is a red arrow, a signal to sell. I understand that the logic of the signal is based on breakdown of a fractal and breakdown of the MA. At this time,Tenkan Sen ,in advance, before the formation of a new one-hour candle, indicates a shift of the centre, i.e., that the growth is not over and in the end it is right. The second thing I did not like. After breakdown of the fractal a signal to buy appeared and a TP was indicated (why?), and the same Tenkan Sen, in advance, shows that growth is not over, which we have seen. Now, what is Tenkan Sen ( we omit its calculation algorithm, you know it 100% )? Literally translated into Russian, it is a waiting line. This definition is its essence. What does it mean to trade? When the waiting line (centre, Fibo-50%) moves at an angle, we should expect that price will rise. When waitlines are parallel to one another, or0, we can expect price toenter a channel (or a flat) and we can expect it to rise. The longest rise is when the waiting line is at an angle of22*- 62* .This is very short. Thesis. In fact, there is a lot that can and should be said about it. It is not alone and its strength, in combination with other Ishimochka lines. I feel more comfortable answering questions rather than describing everything. If this information will be useful to you, I will be glad.

ZetM:

Доброй ночи.

Hello.

Thanks for the comment, which has more thoughts than words.

The topic was initiated by Gerasimm, for which he deserves a big Russian mercy; I just tried to steer the topic in a direction that I understand and think is productive. Actually this is my profession :). - I am not a programmer, trader or mathematician.

There will be a short technical break (during the holidays), after which (in the second decade of May) the version 1.4.9 will appear. Here are the planned changes:

For the "bull" and "bear" positions (separately) there is a possibility to prohibit a "fill-in" at a repeated open signal, the possibility of lot volume correction during a "fill-in", as well as the possibility of automatic modification of the StopLoss and TakeProfit levels (separately) to the corresponding levels of "fill-in" positions (regardless of the "fill-in" permission). The possibility of not setting StopLoss levels and the possibility of setting DynamicStop (closing a position by the signal of an arbitrary function) has been added.

The two old girls appeared as a possible prototype of DynamicStop, but any other function can take their place. We are only modelling possible design solutions.

If you're interested, I'd be happy to get your input into the development (discussion) of the model in general and DynamicStop's variants in particular. As I understand it, your approach implies prediction, which makes it particularly interesting - the current implementation is solely focused on "following the price".

tara:
ZetM:

..... For "bullish" and "bearish" positions (separately) added possibility to prohibit "share" at repeated signal to open....,

.....If you are interested, I would be very glad if you participated in the development (discussion) of the model in general and DynamicStop variants in particular. As I understand it, your approach involves forecasting, which makes it particularly interesting - the current implementation is solely focused on "following the price" .

Sure, with great pleasure...))))

If you allow me to participate in the discussion, I suggest you to consider a "gimmick".

The purpose is to reduce the number of false signals.

Method, it's more complicated than that... )))) Let's say, a parody, of Bell's curvilinear model of price dynamics.

I will attach charts and it will be clear. If it's not interesting. Write it, not interested. If it's interesting, just write it, go ahead and I'll describe it in more detail.

great topic))

Do you know how to use SoftFractalsStrategyModel_1_4_6 as an indicator? Can I use it with iCustom function to get signals and stops?

i have an idea that someone wrote above, when a sell signal appears, i should set sellimit on top hoping for a pullback to the fibo level

Thanks in advance

Can I share something too? ))) It's my very first development - an index based on displaying of two unidirectional fractals )))) May be useful in your researches ))))

Files:
ifractals.mq4  3 kb

ZetM:

Of course, with great pleasure...))))

If you allow me to participate in the discussion, I would like to offer you a "gimmick" for your consideration.

The aim is to reduce the number of false signals.

Method, it's more complicated than that... )))) Let's say, a parody, of Bell's curvilinear model of price dynamics.

I will attach charts and it will be clear. If it's not interesting. Write it, not interested. If it's interesting, just write, go ahead and I'll describe it in more detail.

Back in civilisation an hour ago, I haven't had internet access since 28 April. The next week will be pretty much off work for me.

Michael, what do you mean you "allow it"? I strongly encourage discussion between you personally and anyone else, who is interested in the topic. Just as I once again call on an enthusiastic psychologist to finally engage in reflection (something like a flight analysis in aviation).

About "... About curvilinear Bell's price dynamics model ...": I suggest to start from the fact that material of this branch is oriented not on the trader with experience, not on the programmer, but simply on the thinking person, actively interested in possibility of systematic work on financial markets and its automation, and ready to make some efforts for it. At the same time, this person may be an ace in trading, programming, or any other field, as well as a beginner. Simple: thinking, interested, communicating. Better to be a young puppy than an old bird of paradise. :)

tripsus:

great topic))

Do you know how to use SoftFractalsStrategyModel_1_4_6 as an indicator? Can I use it with iCustom function to get signals and stops?

i have an idea that someone wrote above, when a sell signal appears, i should set sellimit on top hoping for a pullback to the fibo level

Thanks in advance

Thank you for your interest in the subject.

You can use the indicator through its external buffer. You can't trade automatically based on its signals, it's a dead end.

It's just a model that needs to be run on different combinations of data, but - not as in a tester. Every time you select a possible variant of the strategy, you will instantly get a rough estimation of its effectiveness on a certain period of time. After testing your version of the strategy, you can implement it in an Expert Advisor or indicator on your own, or delegate it to a programmer, or leave your thoughts here.

artikul:

Can I share something too? ))) It's my very first development - an index based on displaying of two unidirectional fractals )))) May be useful in your researches ))))

Thank you. I'm sure it will, especially if you share the idea that inspired you to sculpt this turkey. :)

I think I've figured it out)

bool BY_op=iCustom(NULL,0, "SoftFractalsStrategyModel_1_4_6",5,1);

bool SELL_op=iCustom(NULL,0, "SoftFractalsStrategyModel_1_4_6",4,1);

if(BY_op>0) { op=OP_BUY;}

if(SELL_op>0) { op=OP_SELL;}