Catching a reversal or correction - page 31

At H1

extern int int_bars1=8; //minimum number of extrema.
extern double ch_max1=50; //maximum permissible channel height

extern int int min_bars1=100; //minimum number of extrema

extern double ch_max1=250; //maximum allowed channel height.

gince:

At H1

extern int int_bars1=8; //minimum number of extrema.
extern double ch_max1=50; //maximum permissible channel height

extern int int min_bars1=100; //minimum number of extrema

extern double ch_max1=250; //maximum allowed channel height.

To be honest, I don't really know what it's about. If you could just give a simple description if possible... I mean detailed :o)

Gerasimm:
To be honest, I don't quite understand what I'm talking about... If you can give me a simple description, please... I mean detailed :o)

This is the channel indicator. The channel is drawn by HL prices. The minimum bars1=8 is taken, by which the channel's height is estimated, and if it is lower than ch_max1=50, the channel is drawn. Upon appearance of a new candle, the channel is drawn further, if the price does not go out of the channel.

You may trade inside or outside the channel.

Dotted lines above and below the channel represent 161 percent levels.

White dashes inside the channel - 23, 38, 62, 76 percent.

Parameters extern int min_bars1=8; extern double ch_max1=50 to be set upon trader's request.

gince:

I have sketched the channel indicator here. The channel is drawn at HL prices. The minimum bars1=8 are taken, by which the channel height is estimated and if it is lower than ch_max1=50, the channel is drawn. On appearance of a new candle, the channel is drawn further if the price does not go out of the channel.

You can trade on a channel break and inside the channel.

The dotted lines above and below the channel are the 161 per cent levels.

White dashes inside the channel - 23, 38, 62, 76 per cent.

Parameters extern int_bars1=8; extern double ch_max1=50 are to be set as per trader's wish.

I will use the visalizer tomorrow and report back.

Eh, I'm expecting a hard profit on the euR tomorrow... :o) sale I mean...

gince:

Here is the channel indicator. The channel is drawn at HL prices. The minimum bars1=8 are taken, by which the channel height is estimated and if it is lower than ch_max1=50, the channel is drawn. On appearance of a new candle, the channel is drawn further if the price does not go out of the channel.

You can trade on a channel break and inside the channel.

The dotted lines above and below the channel are the 161 per cent levels.

White dashes inside the channel - 23, 38, 62, 76 per cent.

Parameters extern int_bars1=8; extern double ch_max1=50 are to be set as per trader's wish.

the indicator doesn't seem to be working. can you try again....?

dzhini:
the indicator does not want to work. may be you want to try.... again?

Two indicators

1 - narrow channel

extern int int_bars1=10; //minimum number of extrema
extern double ch_max1=45; //maximum allowed channel height.

2 - wide channel

extern int int_bars1=50; //minimum number of extrema.
extern double ch_max1=170; //maximum permissible channel height

There is a problem. The crossed channels should not be drawn. Thus, we draw only the first channel. The next channel is looked for and drawn only after the deal is closed from the first channel. We take profit by the blue dotted line if we buy, and by the red dotted line if we sell.

Files:

I got a bit distracted from the topic, but if the Eurik will consolidate under 4018, I will remove the profit on selling for a few days, while I am sitting on it :o), which happens from time to time with this market. Today I will take care of the analysis with existing indicators, good luck to all and happy April 1! We have a real disaster here in Odessa :o)

...yep, the eura certainly froze off at the close.Technical analysis is dead :o).

The promised report on sale (28,03,2011 10:20) eurik ... here so infamously ended my stay in this transaction. came out almost to zero, because got tired of these snot dragged throughout the market. but on the other hand it would not hurt to consider such a situation for the machine, that would rake out the minuses.That is, if the conditions of 123 are violated, which is exactly ignoring and going in the opposite direction, then when rewriting point 1 there is usually a significant pullback, which allows to compensate for losses, but requires a light martin, about which I have already written above.

Gerasimm:

...yep, the eu sure froze off at the close.Technical analysis is dead :o).

imho, more alive than dead, just wrong entry and no stop.

And this is what would happen if there were correct (as you suggested) entries and exits:

tara:

imho, more alive than dead, just an incorrect entry and no stop.

And this is what would happen if the inputs and outputs were correct (as you suggested):

..my respect :o). We are moving in the same direction, there are some innovations, I will report when I get in touch with you.