EURUSD - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Part 2) - page 763

Fraktal:
Explain to me the difference between entering a lock and closing a trade. Theoretically, lock is nonsense - a purely psychological trick.
The main thing is the result, which is reflected in the column "history of transactions" If you closed the deal, nothing can change, and if you have the lock, it means that all is not lost. You may be able to close it in a year or two with a profit, at least symbolically. Of course, if you make a mistake, the lock will increase, there's no doubt about it. But if your aim is not to close negative positions. Look at the market, the right way!!!!

chepikds:

Well, what if, it is a play on a pullback, within the main movement, towards which the main position is opened. Maybe less action: if you want to play up when positions are open down, wouldn't it be easier to open a trade in double size than to close a sell and open a buy, just one action (there is a script to flip all positions)!!!! Just kidding of course, lock is an empty thing)))

Empty gizmo or not, it's up to everyone to decide. Just to give an example from practice (not mine). I opened a position that went straight into minus. And not to close the deal with a loss, a buy was opened (with the same lot). Further, by pips, profit was obtained, slightly more than the size of the loss trade, and all deals were safely closed without serious disturbance to the depo :)

nikelodeon:
The main thing is the result, which is reflected in the column "history of transactions" If you closed the transaction, nothing can change, and if you have a lock, it means that all is not lost. Maybe within a year or two but you can still close it with a profit, at least symbolically. Of course, if you make a mistake, the lock will increase, there's no doubt about it. But if your aim is not to close negative positions. Look at the market, more correctly!!!!
The traders' goal is to make money, not to have a history without losing trades

I don't even sleep well without a loca :)))))))))))

AlexSTAL:
Traders' goal is to make money, not to have a history without losing trades

The goal is not to make money, but to build a correct set-up - then the money itself starts to multiply.

AlexSTAL:
Traders' goal is to make money, not to have a history without losing trades
"One without the other is never without the other and only one moose and profit are related..... both are male" (C) Dolphin

Fraktal:
Explain to me the difference between entering a lock and closing a trade. Purely theoretically, lock is nonsense - a purely psychological trick.

Trying to keep a balance

It all falls into the category of self-delusion...

I won't discuss it any further...

For me, lock is when you stand in the trend (medium-term strategy) and catch pullbacks in the short-term strategy, without closing or changing positions in the medium-term strategy.

This simple idea somehow does not get to opponents of locks and netting supporters, although we have even calculated real trades with a calculator.

The lowes have some figures, while the netting (read - opponents of loks) has completely different, I would even say - sad figures.

AlexSTAL:

It all falls into the category of self-delusion...

I won't discuss it any further...

What are these posts for then? Give me an example of self-deception...
Although what is the point? Everyone assesses the creativity of his TC for himself;)