Avalanche - page 441

I also have a question. Let's assume I have closed the profitable sell orders and at a distance of 10 bps from the price I have placed a sell stop order of 8+4+2+1=15 lots. The price moves down, picks this order, the order opens, then the price goes up, it turns out that the corridor has even slightly increased by these 10 pips. I would like to ask you a couple of questions in private.

Svinozavr:

Attentive. Only someone seems to have a problem with "attentive".

Maybe there's no cure.

You've got it, you've got it!!!

Goodbye, you money-grubbers...

Well, well, I see the branch is coming out of oblivion. Waiting for new masterpieces...

Svinozavr:

You've done it, you've done it!

Goodbye, you money-grubbers...

:-))) Looks like someone's mood hasn't been right lately... :-)))

You need to pay more attention... both to pay attention and to take it out...

As Starter says: "...read more carefully."

JonKatana:
The solution has already been found and it is called a reshuffle. It is described in details in the topic, in brief: we wait for the price to move beyond the bandwidth at any distance, close all profitable orders on this side of the bandwidth and place one straight (...Stop) pending order of the same direction at a small distance from the price. The volume of a new order should be equal to the volume of closed profitable orders. If the price reverses and it moves in the opposite direction, a new pending order that didn't work should be moved after the price. This decreases losses of open orders on the opposite side of the corridor, a part of profit has already been fixed and if the price reverses again and a new pending order opens, the corridor between orders will be smaller. You can repeat the reset until the corridor is completely destroyed and all orders close in profit.

Greetings!!! You give good and useful information, but it is scattered throughout the topic and is lost against the background of troll messages, they have worked well. my opinion and a wish: write an article with all the findings and developments, together with the active participants in the topic, who have tested and dobotavit TS "avalanche" with all the options.

in the mean time i will post some of your messages that are 31 pages in a row. it will help show what the author wanted to say and how they are trying to get at him:

JonKatana 10.03.2010 21:19

Avalanche is a win-win trading system, which allows you to enter the market at any time on any instrument. Description:
Two orders - BuyStop and SellStop of equal volume are placed at equal distance from the current price. When one of them triggers, the other one is removed and the same order is placed in its place but its volume is equal to the doubled (can be tripled, quadrupled, etc.) initial rate.
When the price reverses and the second order triggers, the third one is added to the price of the first one. Its volume in total with the volume of the first order must be twice as big as the second (negative) order. At a consecutive U-turn, a fourth order is added to the second one. Its volume together with the volume of the second order should also be two times larger than the sum of negative first and third orders. And so on. For example, for the initial volume of 0.01:

The first reverse - 0.01 / 0.02
The second reverse - (0.01+0.03) / 0.02
The third reverse - (0.01+0.03) / (0.02+0.06)
The fourth reverse - (0.01+0.03+0.12) / (0.02+0.06)
Fifth reversal - (0.01+0.03+0.12) / (0.02+0.06+0.24)

If price initially goes in one direction - just take profit when you want. If the price moves in both (three, four, etc.) orders - you need to wait until it will pass the same distance as between the initial orders - from this point the total balance is in the plus. If you triple (quadruple, etc.) the price will have to travel a much shorter distance to start taking profit. This can be used to exit the "Avalanche" more quickly.
Since price cannot stay within your narrow corridor all the time, it will break through it and go in any direction, and you will ALWAYS make a profit. Without analyzing anything, without using any indicator, on a naked chart!
You just need not to make a mistake with the calculation of the initial bet - you should have enough deposit for bailout and price swing between levels - you need to count on several possible reversals and correctly estimate the distance between the levels - too close will avalanche-like increase rates simple flat, and too far away you have to wait a long time.

JonKatana 11.03.2010 18:51

Fibo >>:

If you're going to open with 0.01 lots and $1'000'000,00 dept. For example calculate your increase of a position in 20 points and a move against you of 400 points. There are no stops, right?

No problem. EURUSD. 400 pips is 10 reversals within a 40 pips corridor. First of all, find such a moment on the history, date in the studio. Otherwise it is a lie. But nevertheless, especially for you - let's take a margin of 0.01, roughly 100 rubles. Let's go: opening - 0.01, the leverage 1:500, the margin of 100 rubles.

First reversal - 0.01+0.02, the pledge of 200 rubles, as opening differently directed orders of equal volume requires the same pledge and an additional pledge is taken as an excessive part (0.02 - 0.01 = 0.01). The second reverse - 0.04+0.02, the deposit of 400. Third turn - 0.04+0.08, bail 800. Fourth turn - 0.16+0.08, bail 1600. Fifth - 0.16 +0.32, bail 3200. Sixth - 0.64 +0.32, bail 6400. The seventh - 0.64+1.28, a pledge of 12800. The eighth - 2.56+1.28, a pledge of 25600. Ninth - 2.56 + 5.12, bail 51200. And, at last, the tenth: 10.24+5.12, pledge of 102400 rubles.

And in the worst case (the price is exactly between the levels), you have another 20x1536x3 = 92160 rubles in losses after the tenth U-turn.
Now explain why you need $1.000.000? Next time do the math before you say anything.

JonKatana 11.03.2010 18:58

Ais >>:

Thank you very much!

I wish you success and perseverance in achieving your goals.

Sincerely,
Ayrat

My thanks are accepted. Do not pay attention to anyone.

"The truth is like the Sun. You can close yourself off from it for a while, but it won't go anywhere."

"Some people roll the world in silence, while others run alongside and shout, "Where is the world going?!!"

"Fear not him who tries to break your will, for he is weak."
"Your influence begins with you and spreads onward like ripples on water."

JonKatana 11.03.2010 20:25

kharko >>:

Good calculation :) Now calculate the amount of drawdown and how many pips you need to get to breakeven.

To get breakeven you need a movement equal to the number of reversals multiplied by the distance between the levels...

All losses are written - there are no others under the given conditions and there won't be any. Read carefully the first post in the thread and do not twist my words - you are trolling. One more post like that and all subsequent ones will be ignored. Profit begins when the price passes a distance equal to the distance between the levels - you do not need to multiply by anything. In this example - when the price passes after 10 reversals of 40 points from the level in either direction - you will begin to profit. That's the essence of "Avalanche".

JonKatana 11.03.2010 20:32

goldtrader >>:

It's not about the margin - there are extreme DCs giving you 1000 leverage.
Count your total floating loss reeled in open positions after 10 reversals.
And estimate how many pips price needs to go in one direction to get at least to breakeven.
If I'm not mistaken, then 40p x 10 = 400p. What if there will be no such move and losses on reversals will keep growing like a snowball?

kharko was toolong to write.It is essentially the same.

You are not a reader, you are a writer. One line after my sentence "And in the worst case (the price is exactly between the levels) you have another 20x1536x3 = 92160 rubles in minus after the tenth reversal" you are asking about the total floating loss. Read carefully.

About breakeven already answered - you need for the price to pass the single distance between the levels.

JonKatana 11.03.2010 20:38

Fibo >>:

you count wrong - according to your strategy count: 0.1; 0.2;0.3 then goes to cover the loss not 0.4 but 0.1+0.2+0.3=0.6 etc. by doubling
1 order 0.1 loss 400 pips = 0.4 +++++++++++6 order 2.4 loss 200 pips = 4.8
2 order 0.2 loss 360 pips = 0.72 ++++++++++7 order 4.8 loss 160 pips = 7.68
3 order 0.3 order 320 pips loss =0.96 ++++++++++8 order 9.6 loss 120 pips =11.52
4 order 0.6 loss 280 pips =1.68 ++++++++++9 order 19.2 loss 80 pips = 15.36
5 order 1.2 loss 240 pips =3.6 +++++++++++10 order 38.4 loss 40 pips =15.36

now put all this together. it is at 400 pips as you already increased 40 points, not as before 20. I wish it were like this only on the demo.

Do not twist my words. You have invented your own system, it has nothing to do with "Avalanche". Discuss it in another thread - it's flooding here.

JonKatana 11.03.2010 21:33

goldtrader >>:

Do
you have any idea what you are writing?

Price goes in ANY direction and you make a profit.Fairy tale.
Quick, let's get this "avalanche" on the real. And most importantly, don't let the profits roll in.

It will be like I wrote.

This branch should be called a sanctuary and be visited on guided tours :)

TheXpert:
This branch should be called a sanctuary and be visited on guided tours :)

Where should the mammoths go?

JonKatana 11.03.2010 22:30

arnautov >>:

Unfortunately you are wrong. Such a brilliant idea came to me about 3 years ago. I killed 3 months for testing.

One cannot pick up the distance. The flat, the Expert Advisor will go bust, it's just a matter of time.

The optimization may pick profitable parameters, but everything will fail if the start point of testing is shifted by one day.

If you do not believe me you can check it.

You may get such an EA for 5 quid

or I'll sell it to you :)

Almost everything is wrong. The distance is elementary. I've already given an example. 40 ... 60 pips between levels is enough for EURUSD.

There is no need to optimize anything. The point of testing (i.e. market entry) is completely arbitrary, at ANY point of time - nothing changes. This is the power of Avalanche - you can enter whenever you want, regardless of the price.

This thread is about a trading system, not religion - so belief or disbelief has nothing to do with it. You need to check - I know that Avalanche works.

I don't need an advisor even for free.

JonKatana 12.03.2010 17:42.

vasya_vasya >>:

I don't know what to do with it, I just do not know what to do with it.

You should quote him, otherwise this is a lie.

JonKatana 12.03.2010 18:53.

PapaYozh >>:

You are wrong.
In your case (volume increases with each step by the value of the initial bet), after the 3rd reversal it will take more distance than the starting zone to get into the BU.

I was even more wrong! In order for breakeven to always start at a distance equal to the initial distance between levels we need the sum of order volumes in the profitable direction to be twice as big as the sum of volumes of orders hanging in the negative.

kharko has almost correctly described it but he moved the point too quickly. The correct sequence of the example is as follows:

The first reverse - 0.01 / 0.02

Second turn - (0.01+0.03) / 0.02

Third turn - (0.01+0.03) / (0.02+0.06)

Fourth U-turn - (0.01+0.03+0.12) / (0.02+0.06)

Fifth turn - (0.01+0.03+0.12) / (0.02+0.06+0.24) and so on.

JonKatana 12.03.2010 19:01

vasya_vasya >>:

To quote makes sense. I don't see what good strategy it is, I throw a coin (by the way, a coin is also from Forex). So we take a coin, flip it, if it heads we buy, and if it tails we sell. The second trick of the system is that if we threw a coin and got a stop, then the next lot increases by 100 times, so we wait for the next time. We again throw a coin, put 100 lots, whether we do this in Sell or Buy, the main thing that 100 - this is a trick, while Market does not know that we took 100, it thinks we are trading with the old single lot, and we screwed the market suckers. Even if we hit a loss, the return on the second trade is at least 9900 percent..."

That's a lie like I said. You have nothing to quote. Don't "chew" and attribute your fiction to me.
Read carefully. You do not place one order, you place two. Orders are pending, not "buy or sell". There is no Stop Loss and Take Profit in Avalanche at all - where did you "get the stop" from?

JonKatana 12.03.2010 19:13

Since "truth is born in an argument", I corrected the first message of the thread - read it before you discuss it.
I corrected the posts with calculations. The funny thing is, the meaning of these and other my posts did not change.

Mathemat:
Well, well, I see the branch is coming out of oblivion. Looking forward to more masterpieces...

Yes. There are paths where you can feel like a sapien.

JonKatana 12.03.2010 19:50

sever29 >>:

Five spreads not enough for you? Ready to wait further? Is the warming boundary equal to the size of your deposit?
I was digging through the history of GBP/bucks, and I spotted the date - from March 17 to March 20, 2006. And there are a lot of such flits in the nearest future. How is it for you, more than 10 spreads?

You're right - the limit of patience is equal to the size of the deposit. Therefore, the initial volume of the lot and the spread between the levels should be calculated correctly.

I gave an example of 40 pips between levels for EURUSD, while you transferred this range to GBPUSD. This is not correct. The 100...150 pips spread between the levels is closer to the truth for GBPUSD. And then there are no ten reversals. Each instrument has its own range.

JonKatana 12.03.2010 19:53

Ais >>:

Two years ago I thought that acceptable profitability should be about 100% a month with 20% drawdown.
Now it's 100% a week, or more precisely 5 days.

I get the same result. Depends on the course of the instrument, but more often every week the deposit is doubled.

JonKatana 12.03.2010 20:16

Tip for calculation of distance between levels: you set the period Daily and the Average True Range indicator with period 365 (year). We divide by three what the indicator shows in the upper left corner (the average daily price movement for a year).
. For example, GBPUSD is moving 240 pips on the average. Thus, we set levels at 240/3 = 80 pips. For EURUSD, we divide the range by three - and set orders at a distance of 60 pips from each other.
If the instrument's behaviour has changed considerably recently, we may reduce the evaluation periods - we may set 30 (one month), 90 (three months) or 180 (half a year).

JonKatana 12.03.2010 20:22

AlexSTAL >>:
Working
StopLoss is calculated using the formula:

TakeProfit + DistanceBetweenOrders

There is no StopLoss and TakeProfit in Avalanche. My Expert Advisor does not work according to my algorithm.
Please move the discussion of your Expert Advisor to his thread - here it is flooding.

JonKatana 12.03.2010 20:59

AlexSTAL >>:

What to earn 300 rubles, at:
5-turns you need to have: 9,300 rubles
6-turns need to have: 18,900 RUB
7-turns need to have: 38,100 RUB
8-turns need to have: 76,500 rub
9-turns need to have: 153,300 rubles
10-turns need to have: 306,900 RUB

It's impossible to check your calculations, since you haven't specified any parameters.But what are you confused about? The discrepancy between the profit and the deposit? But the deposit is returned to you. But you will ALWAYS get your 300 rubles. And NEVER a single loss. And you can get those 300 rubles several times a day. Every day. Without any losses at all!

JonKatana 12.03.2010 21:14

arnautov >>:

The maximum drawdown is higher than the starting depo. The owner of the account has really iron nerves. Hats off to him.

For the weak-nerved, the psychological setup: you put your money (start-up capital), gain a small profit in any way, then withdraw your money (start-up amount) from the account. That's it - your money is no longer in the account. There is no more money in your account. No matter how much you have earned or lost - it is someone else's money. According to the status for you it is a demo account. Just like on the demo, you only spend your time. As on the demo account, when you lose the entire deposit, you do not lose a penny of YOUR money. The nice difference from the demo-account - you can turn the earned money into real money, by withdrawing it from your account. But until that moment there is no money in YOUR account! It's just a game to you - like tetris or a guessing game. Losing points is just the end of the game, you lose nothing but your time.

Keep these images in your head all the time and your nerves will be fine.

I don't use it - I don't need it, it helps others - and some almost faint when the price goes against them.

JonKatana 12.03.2010 21:21

AlexSTAL >>:

And what are the calculations then????

Just two - distance between levels and volume of initial lot. Distance - I tried to help with the calculation above. Initial lot volume - based on deposit size and number of price reversals in the worst case (e.g. 10 or 20 - although both figures are unlikely with the right distance).