[Archive c 17.03.2008] Humour [Archive to 28.04.2012] - page 730

granit77:
I just heard Medvedev say on the radio - "To speed up modernisation we need to make more films about the successes of modern Russia!
A quote to his ears.

It's a rare case where I agree with him. Parteigenossen Goebbels proved the effectiveness of such a policy long ago.

However, success is necessary. At least one.

Mischek:

However, success is necessary. At least one.
The village. How many times do I have to explain to you, we live much better than we did under Stalin. And also, the UR allows us to travel abroad. Not enough for you?

granit77:
Just heard Medvedev say on the radio - "To speed up modernisation we need to produce more films about the successes of modern Russia!"

I agree, we need science fiction!

granit77:
Village. How many times do I have to tell you, we are living much better than under Stalin. And also, the UR allows us to travel abroad. Not enough for you?

The "we have a yard more computers than in 1914" theme won't fly anymore.

We need real success.

From Bashorg:

xxx: Well that's why, I ask, to invent monitors with ever increasing viewing angles?
xxx: They should make a monitor with a 10 degree viewing angle and position it as an office monitor.
xxx: So no creeper in the back or on the side can see you do your "work" with a scarf.

xxx: it's nice to talk to someone who doesn't have to go to wikipedia to find out the meaning of every word you say...

Grandma's in the subscription office:
- I want to order a priest to come home, the internet's not working properly.
- ???
- The young man who fixed the internet last time said there was an error in the holy pair and crossed her.

The alcoholic Sidorov, who worked three days as a janitor in ten years - the rest of the time he was on a binge - did more good for society than all the officials put together

If an official is a servant of the people, what do you call a system where servants rule over masters?

Gentlemen, don't you think there is a need for an election thread? The local electorate at least reads smart books and has its own informed opinion based on analysis of many factors.

Vinin:
If an official is a servant of the people, then what is the name of the system in which servants rule over masters?
In fact, the original phrase was "The MP is a servant of the people".

I don't think it's funny, better to read drknn's jokes.