Where to start? - page 16

IvanIvanov:
There are actually 20 fingers if you include feet, some sources say 21, but with the introduction of shoes and clothing it's down to 10

Clench your toes into a fist, now bending back one at a time without using your hands to count. Are you sure it's 10? Comfortable counting?

Lizar:

They're lying. More precisely, they can't tell the difference between it and a finger.

Seriously speaking, binary system is the closest to this universe, it reflects its dualism better than others: good-evil, God-devil, day-night, light-dark, man-woman, true-false, one-zero etc. Other number systems are just sometimes more convenient.

Debatable.

Good-evil-evil, God-devil-man, (Father-son-sacred spirit), day-night-dusk/sunset, light-dark-darkness, man-woman-child, etc.

Silent:

Clench your toes into a fist, now bending back one at a time without using your hands to count. Are you sure it's 10? Are you comfortable counting?

It's a matter of habit, if they'd started counting on their feet 10,000 years ago, it would have been convenient by now, but otherwise .... what's the practical point of having 10 toes... if you had a couple of toes, you'd sweat less between your toes :-)

IvanIvanov:
If you had a pair of hooves, there would be less sweating between the toes :-)

Why 'how'?

If you had hooves, you wouldn't need shoes ;)

perepel:
Hey, how's your maths? Hit me up if you're good at it!

IvanIvanov:
Hey, how's your maths? Hit me up if you're good at it!
judging by the content of his confessions about himself, no more than superficial.

Silent:

Controversial.

Good-evil-evasion, God-devil-man, (Father-son-sacred spirit), day-night-dusk/sunset, light-dark-dark, man-woman-child, etc.

It's clear-cut here. The stick has two ends, and anything in between is already politics, philosophy or just "can we have a chat". The dualism of the universe lies in two marked out absolute opposites. Life-death are two absolute opposites, like one and zero. Half-living, half-dead, slightly alive, etc. - this is in the realm of medicine, religion or politics, not mathematics. Light and darkness is the absolute opposite, dusk is neither fish nor meat, philosophers will long argue that this is a "child of light" or a "child of darkness". God and the devil are absolute opposites, man as God can create and as the devil destroy everything, in general, also neither fish nor meat.

That's right -- the most efficient logic is ternary. The other issue is the ease and cheapness of making the logic elements.

TheXpert:
That's right, the most efficient logic is ternary. Another question is the convenience and cheapness of making logic elements.

ZyKspert, judging by your avatar, you are closer to the quadruple one :-))

And let's discuss factors, which can objectively reduce a beginner's efforts "to become a profitable trader" (algotrader) to nothing.

denkir:
ZyKspert, judging by your avatar, you're closer to a quadruple :-))
You don't raise your credibility in my eyes or the eyes of other forumers by misquoting your nicknames and getting personal in any way.

TheXpert:
I don't think you are raising your credibility in my eyes or the eyes of other forum users by calling you names and resorting to personalities.

That wasn't my intention... on the contrary, I put a smiley at the end of my previous post... If the humour was unfortunate, please excuse me...

I do not understand, the topic-starter has some basic knowledge in the fields:

1) trading;

2) programming (?)