Where to start? - page 13

IvanIvanov:

What bastard convinced you of that?

What's really "not yours" is this very belief about yourself, I assure you....

I don't know who wasn't effective at what in first grade...... I don't remember first grade at all except the first time I walked into class....

I remember... Scribbling those little squiggles in my penmanship((((((( It's horrible.

I'm not convinced by anyone, it's a fact I've seen for myself, I lose focus and motivation very quickly when I repeat the same thing, I get confused and nervous. And I can't change it in any way. But to understand an algorithm, to prove a theorem, or to prove it myself, is a joy for me.

perepel:

I'm not being persuaded, it's a fact I've seen for myself,

In order for you to be convinced=agreed to it yourself.... There has to be a message on your part "for you to be convinced=agreed" - it's a law of nature and you have nothing to do with it at all.

It's just that some are convinced of ability and some are convinced of 'not ability' (most here)

You can do anything if you want to....

If you're feeling sad...

1 Think about your goals (beforehand, you have to visualize them in detail in your head).

2 Think of those who suck more than you, who eat once a week, who have no arms or legs, who have no home, who have nothing.....

............................ I assure you it's invigorating.....

IvanIvanov:

In order for you to be convinced=agreed to it yourself.... There has to be a message on your part "for you to be convinced=agreed" - it's a law of nature and you have nothing to do with it at all.

It's just that some are convinced of ability and some are convinced of 'not ability' (most here)

You can do anything if you want to....

If you're feeling sad...

1 Think about your goals (beforehand, you have to visualize them in detail in your head).

2 Think of those who suck more than you, who eat once a week, who have no arms or legs, who have no home, who have nothing.....

............................ I assure you - it's invigorating.....

Thank you. Motivating advice.

perepel:

I have not yet understood why candlestick analysis is effective at all, as it is based on market mechanisms. It may well turn out to be an illusion or a rudiment.

Candlestick analysis is very ambiguous. Especially the open and the cloess. Shift the server open time a bit and you are screwed. The picture is fundamentally different. But it may be possible to think something by the highs.

In general, maybe we have the wrong division of the day? Why is it so wrong? Maybe it would be much more convenient to make a second 40% longer, and everything would be symmetrical? Look how illogical it is. 24 hours, 60 minutes. Like the number of pence in the old pound.

D

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства позиций
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства позиций
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства позиций - Документация по MQL5

sumkin75:

Candlestick analysis is highly ambiguous. Especially the opener and the cloches. Shift the server's opening time a little bit and it's fucked. The picture is fundamentally different. But we can think something by the highs.

In general, maybe we have the wrong division of the day? Why is it so wrong? Maybe it would be much more convenient to make a second 40% longer, and everything would be symmetrical? Look how illogical it is. 24 hours, 60 minutes. Like the number of pence in the old pound.

D

I agree. Apparently candles are a rudiment. For me, they do not compress information in the most efficient way. I wouldn't mind at least a second quantization, what with the seconds already... At least have seconds for a month of history.

As for units of measurement conventionality I agree too, as a rule they are also vestiges of the past but one cannot go anywhere without conventional standardized units of measurement. Moreover there is also a habit. It takes a long time to get used to new units.

sumkin75:

And anyway, maybe we're not dividing up the day properly? Why did it go that way? Wouldn't it be much more convenient to make a second 40% longer and everything would be symmetrical? Look how illogical. 24 hours, 60 minutes. Like the number of pence in the old pound.

Shards of ancient knowledge :)

http://ustierechi.ucoz.ru/publ/14-1-0-327

Устье Речи
  • ustierechi.ucoz.ru
Слово и его роль в устройстве Мироздания

perepel:

I can't do routine work. It's not my thing.

Bgggg ) trading is not for you

TheXpert:

Bgggg ) trading is not for you

I agree.

But I'm not sure about ALGO trading.

TheXpert:

Bgggg ) trading's not for you.

Yeah. Trading is routine.

Forcing events will lead to a succession of losses.

sumkin75:

Yeah. Trading is routine.

Forcing events will lead to a succession of losses.

My goal is to learn how to create an ATS. And this is a matter of logic, mathematics, various empirical and heuristic methods, and I am good at this. But to solve one and the same problem many times, I am not motivated. So, in a good scenario, I will be an architect of ATC. I see the main objective in it. And the trading as the execution of actions according to a certain algorithm, frankly speaking, I'm not sure that it will last long, even among fans of routine. The human is no competitor to robot in routine operations.

Therefore, those who are the most inventive will win anyway. But time will tell.

I've watched Gerchik's webinar and read a couple of books. It is indisputable.

Thank God there are bots. Without them I would not even try to do this.

You can compare the situation with digital graphics, for example. Compare classic artists and computer artists. The former learn many years, should be and natural tendency more, but on the computer you can do without experience and skills such things in hours that hundreds of artists would not draw even a year. For a great artist to draw a perfect circle is a merit, but is it important now? A computer artist is not an artist at all, he is a director and producer, he just gives high-level commands. It is the same with ALGO-trading. An algotrader is a BOS, not an employee. he creates instructions and bots work.

So I hope that my shortcomings will not affect me too much.