Where to start? - page 12

Alex_Bondar:

No need to build air castles. Soros, Buffett...

I see your point. Kondakov, in his lectures, talked about the influence of the environment on those who do not go with the flow. I've already said that no scaremongering can scare me until I see it for myself.

Why be afraid of going bankrupt and getting into debt in the first place? Life is short anyway and everyone finishes the same way. Even if it's a one in a million chance, that's enough. For me, one person in history would be enough.

And I'm not poor, there's no need to project your fears onto those around you.

"About the books, to be honest, that's one of the problems, because I don't quite understand which ones are a waste of time and which ones are valuable.....".

From myself I can recommend the book " The Stock Exchange Grail or Adventures of the Trader Buratino" by Alexander Gerchik. It is written with humor and pictures. As well as the Hunt for Herchik video series.
Real traders (successful and not so successful) come to the studio and tell their stories.

nowi:
"About the books, frankly that's one of the problems, what I don't quite understand yet is which ones are a waste of time and which ones are valuable.....

I can recommend the book "The Exchange Grail or the Adventures of the Trader Pinocchio" by Alexander Gerchik. It is written with humor and pictures. As well as the Hunt for Herchik series of video programmes.
In the studio, real traders (successful and not) come and tell their stories.

Thank you. I will order.

I can recommend one element of Japanese trader training:

Before novice traders are allowed near the monitors, the following procedure is carried out with them....

They sit newcomers at tables, give each a roll of millimeter paper, a pencil, a rubber band.

And they start to show quotations of Open, Close, High, Low candlesticks, and the "students" are able to reproduce this data on the roll as classic candlesticks.

They need to draw 10000 candlesticks, it is their warm-up before further training.

I do not have the data on what timeframe the candlesticks should be drawn on - if it is hourly, then it is about a year and a half of history... On the other hand, candlestick analysis works better for daily candlesticks, which is about 50 years, forex has no such history ... if you try a history of stock quotes.... then you don't have to trade on currencies but on commodities....

The point is that it involves motor memory, video memory, auditory perception.... The patterns of candlestick analysis are almost subconscious

IvanIvanov:

I can recommend one element of Japanese trader training:

Before novice traders are allowed near the monitors, the following procedure is carried out with them....

They sit newcomers at tables, give each a roll of millimeter paper, a pencil, a rubber band.

And they start to show quotations of Open, Close, High, Low candlesticks, and "students" are able to reproduce this data on the roll as classical candlesticks.

They need to draw 10000 candlesticks, it is their warm-up before further training.

I do not have the data on what timeframe the candlesticks should be drawn on - if it is hourly, then it is about a year and a half of history... On the other hand, candlestick analysis works better for daily candlesticks, which is about 50 years, forex has no such history ... if you try a history of stock quotes.... then you don't have to trade on a currency but on a commodity exchange....

The point is that it involves motor memory, video memory, auditory perception.... The patterns of candlestick analysis are almost subconscious

Yes, the Japs are another universe, where physical fundamental constants are different and the "ideal of karoshi" is observed. We Slavs should not take them as an example, they are different.

The Japs excel in their ability to work, while the Slavs excel in their resourcefulness. That's what we should be betting on. The average Slav is too lazy, Japanese methods are no good at all. We need to start with hierarchy and packed information, while the Japanese can draw 10,000 candles.

I do not understand the reasons for the efficiency of candlestick analysis based on market mechanisms. It may very well turn out to be an illusion or a rudiment.

I am not a supporter of racism :-)

This, from my point of view, looks as ridiculous as fights between villages in ancient Russia, then between cities, then between principalities, now the division between states... if we put it in perspective, soon we'll be feuding with planets.... and the cordon will be in orbit, Europe is a strong proof of that....

And the Japanese school of trading is the strongest in the world.... ready to defend this point of view...

Candlestick analysis - no one has yet come up with any other data source for any indicator than Open Close High and Lowe's :-))))))))))))))))))))

... That's how we Asians are Scythians we..... if anything.... :-))))

IvanIvanov:

I am not a supporter of racism :-)

This, from my point of view, looks as ridiculous as fights between villages in ancient Russia, then between cities, then between principalities, now the division between states... if we put it in perspective, soon we'll be feuding with planets.... and the cordon will be in orbit, Europe is a strong proof of that....

And the Japanese school of trading is the strongest in the world.... ready to defend this point of view...

Candlestick analysis - no one has yet come up with any other data source for any indicator than Open Close High and Lowe's :-))))))))))))))))))))

... That's how we Asians are Scythians we..... if anything.... :-))))

I'm not arguing that their training methods applied to their mentality give good results. But I will answer honestly, I will not be able to draw 10,000 candles. I do not see any sense in it for myself. I'm more interested in logic, at least for now.

I'm not a racist, but Caesar's to Caesar.

perepel:

But I'll answer honestly, I can't draw 10,000 candles.

I don't see any point in doing it for myself.

Have you tried....

You can't see without looking, taste without tasting, smell without smelling, etc.

I didn't expect you to put it that way.... then you'd better find the books recommended above....

IvanIvanov:
Have you tried....

No, I can't. I was very ineffective at school when I did this sort of thing in first grade. That's why my writing was terrible, I was mildly dyslexic when I was a kid, they thought I was retarded. But in maths I was the best, as well as physics. It depends on the predisposition.

I can't do routine work. It's not my thing.

Therefore I consider manual trading purely as a training and nothing more. If there was no way to automate it I wouldn't do it.

Attention, assiduity, diligence, ability to work are not my strong points. But I am strong in abstract thinking, solving non-trivial puzzles and the like. That turns me on and fascinates me. Once the structural component is exhausted, I tend to lose interest.

perepel:

I can't do a chore. It's not my thing.

What bastard convinced you of that?

What's really "not yours" is this very belief about yourself, I assure you....

Who knows who wasn't effective at what in first grade...... I don't remember first grade at all, except the first time I walked into class....