Where to start? - page 18

Логично если имеется для одной минуты только данные OHLC, take the arithmetic mean ofOHLC as the most likely value....
In my opinion this is too approximate. Why cut the OHLC information if it is there. Bars can be of different sizes: for a small bar the arithmetic mean may be enough
but the longer the bar, the greater the inaccuracy. Plus we need to decide how to calculate the arithmetic mean. Will it be the median or the weighted price? That's why I think my variant is simpler and more reliable.

What am I talking about? If the system is based on indicators, only one average price will be used anyway. I'm confused myself...

This is not the first time I've heard of logarithming a quote to normalise it. Can you please explain why? If you logarithm two quotations with a natural base, you still get a series shifted and scaled by an unequal coefficient. What is the meaning of logarithm of the price?

Thank you.

perepel:

This is not the first time I've heard of logarithming a quote to normalise it. Can you please explain why? If you logarithm two quotations with a natural base, you still get a series shifted and scaled by an unequal coefficient. What is the meaning of the logarithm of the price?

Thank you.

I don't understand... Explain what? Shall I explain, or rather poke around, what the natural logarithm is? Or do you have an assumption about the use of this function in the context of the analysis of the TzVR, but something is not relevant to the assumption? Explain what was expected and what is wrong. There are different ways to normalize, the easiest way is to subtract the MO, then calculate the MO from the result and divide by it, this is if you want to make 2 series equal, invariant to shift and scale.

Alex_Bondar:

I don't get it... Explain what? Shall I explain, or rather, poke fun at what the natural logarithm is? Or do you have an assumption about the use of this function in the context of analysis of the TzVR, but something is not relevant to the assumption? Explain what was expected and what is wrong. There are different ways to normalize, the easiest way is to subtract the MO, then calculate the MO from the result and divide by it, this is if you want to make 2 series equal, invariant to shift and scale.

I see, thank you, I know what a logarithm is:))) I just thought there was an implication in the logarithm of the quote, which I didn't see. Indeed, if you subtract the MO and then divide by the MO of the absolute value of that difference, you get a shift and scale invariant normalization, much better than the logarithm.

perepel:

Hello.

My name is Vasily, I am looking for a job on the internet, I came to the conclusion that Forex is exactly what I need, no dominating bosses and everything is in your hands. Can you please tell me how I can become a profitable trader?

I´ve already had an introductory course at Forex-Club and I´ve understood that robots are faster and more reliable than humans, so I decided to register at the forum, the most advanced Forex trading software and immediately plunge in with a bang.

What is the stage of learning and professional growth for this trade? How soon can I expect profit and what kind of it? I watched the series "The War Wall Street," which says that after about six months, but it's in America, as it happens in Russia?

I would like to thank you in advance.

Regards, Vasily.

A robot will never give a stable profit, it's a myth, I'll repeat the categorical word never. In the market there are no clear algorithms by which any robot can be programmed, there are only continuous variables that only the trader can control. One possible way of using robots is combined trading. If you want to get to know the market personally, get to know it, that's the best way to do it.

I am sure you need to disconnect from the market from time to time and re-evaluate your options.

Either give them up or start building your TS.

vdsfx:
Никогда робот не даст стабильную прибыль,это миф,повторю еще раз это категоричное слово    никогда.

I think it's not that categorical. I've seen stats from real accounts with EAs running for months on end with the same settings.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете - Документация по MQL5

Laryx:

I think it's not that categorical. I've seen stats from real accounts with EAs running for months on end with the same settings.

If you control the stats in months, it may be, but on long trading periods, the losses are guaranteed.

vdsfx:
...but over long periods of trading, the losses are guaranteed.
How long is a "long period"?