_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 257

Programing

MadCow:
QS1.. does this mean that you have the code for v2b? Or are you referring to the public version v1e?

There is an MT4 indicator that will go to Forex Factory site and find scheduled news events, and plot them on the chart. It is a kluge that gets the events and then stores them in a csv file, then access the file to place on the chart. It could be used to turn trading off and might be cleaned up to avoid the csv file if one only wanted the news for one pair for one day. It is explained here FFcal - Plot News indicator

If the news caused the problem last night, adding this filter might improve the return, but what to add it to with no source?

This thread was opened with the expressed purpose of improving Lucky. There are several opportunities to do so, but no source (or perhaps just no permission to use source?) We could start with Lucky v1e which is public, but which has many errors and is not complete. Why waste time on an unknown?

I offered to post a working version of Thunder when I could post. I know that this thread is devoted to Lucky, but here is an EA that is public source..at least this version. It works better than Lucky v2b by my tests, and it offers the opportunity to improve since it is open source. I hope that I do not offend anyone by posting this. If I do, tell me and I will remove it.

I have the public version v1e. And has many holes in the code, as well as bugs.

The volatility is not always caused by news.

This occurs because the differential between supply and demand. Especially for the minimum liquidity during this pair (EUR/GBP) in Asia sessions. You'd be surprised to know that low it is.

Those familiar with programming, knows that this is collaboration. Nobody writes 100% of your code. One is based on routines written by others. Are called objects and works that way, I did not invent how to program.

When I decide to share a code change, I must be sure that other objects are safe, either way I would write again. That would be better to start from scratch, I do not share changes that are dangerous and on which I do not responsible.

If you know programming, and explore the code, everyone would realize that it works by chance. This code is Bullshit, and so did the public.

MadCow Anyway, I must say that I appreciate your initiative. But I do not believe that someone who wants to make changes to the code from someone unknown and then take responsibility. We are talking about a tool to make money, not a game for the Playstation.

You are witnesses that I shared in the forum code to improve and I have more. But someone has to take responsibility.

There are many threads with different EAs. It is a matter of keep looking.

Cheers and thanks again for your help.

Quiksilverone:
I take this opportunity to thank you for your courage, like MadCow, because put the chest to the bullets when nobody else did.

And you jrous for giving us the invaluable moral support.

I see you were active and that is something positive.

I was lost, because I met someone special. Anyway I took some time to test.

I've tested the Volt Damiani in 5M TF. The volatility in greater Time Frames (TF) is not the same than in 5min. Therefore when it is detected by 15M and 30M, it is too late. There are open trades and are routed to the SL.

It is not something I have to say, you see it every day. I advance yesterday, almost prophetic, what happened on the night in Asia. Volatility changed by news and turned around. Damiani in 5M TF (5, 8, 80, 350) filters the worst in this issue, but, also filters 70% of the good trades.

Conclusion: This tool is not suitable for the task. If it was, had not turned around as discussed above post.

Hey TopGirl... Good decision. Play safe.

There are other issues in the code. As Autorange_TP=False. This does not work. If looking at the code you will see that is quite messy. The code is ready, but the routine is not there. What ? Yes. is not there. Erased by some reason and there is no way to control the TP. Most of the time the price reaches 5, 6, 7 and 8 pips and the EA does not trigger the signal closure. Hey... Scalping is a maximum of 5 to 8 pips. The range EUR/GBP in Assia Session for no more, with spreads of 4 or 5 and a slippage of 2 or 3.

There are other issues...

However, while unable to control excessive volatility at the beginning of a new trend, there is nothing that can be done. Just turn it on and pray that everything goes well.

And, this is not a way of doing business.

QS1.. does this mean that you have the code for v2b? Or are you referring to the public version v1e?

There is an MT4 indicator that will go to Forex Factory site and find scheduled news events, and plot them on the chart. It is a kluge that gets the events and then stores them in a csv file, then access the file to place on the chart. It could be used to turn trading off and might be cleaned up to avoid the csv file if one only wanted the news for one pair for one day. It is explained here FFcal - Plot News indicator

If the news caused the problem last night, adding this filter might improve the return, but what to add it to with no source?

QS1 you are right. I would not want responsibility for someone using my spaghetti code modifications to someone else's spaghetti code. I forgot that there are non-coding members that might do so without proper care, so I have removed my attachment, and edited my post. I am not used to this type of collaboration where code may be used without proper testing and verificatiion.

Not much more to do here, so goodbye all, I will back off and lurk.

MadCow you are a reasonable man

MadCow:
QS1 you are right. I would not want responsibility for someone using my spaghetti code modifications to someone else's spaghetti code. I forgot that there are non-coding members that might do so without proper care, so I have removed my attachment, and edited my post. I am not used to this type of collaboration where code may be used without proper testing and verificatiion. Not much more to do here, so goodbye all, I will back off and lurk.

You are a reasonable man.

We'll see in some other thread

Greetings

AutoRange_SL

chewz:
it is a demo account, and the huge losing trades (500+ and 2k+) where me messing about, not your lucky. The three 100-150 negative trades where your lucky. I am just confused why it doesnt take stoploss? can anyone else answer?

Hi,

if you set AutoRange_SL to True, it calculates it's own SL,

but I don't know exactly how. I think, the Per_Range_xxx - Settings influence it, but seems strange calculation.

please be polite

Quiksilverone:

He has so much shame, and has so little credibility that can not even give your face.

Should fix things, or call silence, if he does not know how.

we get something for free then...

keep up with your great work RDB, most people are grateful.

never see anything works so good, not even in back testing.

it is a profitable ea, among the very few eas that stay in the money, and the best i have tried live.

Fraud!!!!

Another guy who claims that your_lucky is his EA. He has decompiled it and changed the chart text, but he has left the indicators in the original version. See kostenloses Handelssystem

regards

cash4u2

2 vs. 2b

Ver. 2 vs. 2B

I was running ver. 2 on sunday night and did awesome, like 7 wins. I changed over to 2b the other night after discovering it exists and have yet to win a position, 7 losses in a row now. Should I just scrap 2b???

Is 2b like a revenge joke or something, another 3 tonight, i am removing permanently.

Just my luck...

I discovered this thread today and thought I would give 2b a try.(I haven't tried previous versions) 30 trades, with only one win. Default settings on IBFX. Suggestions anyone? I plan to let it run a while longer...