_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 261

i want know if lucky v2 work great with spread 3 pips or not??????

muradkilany:
i want know if lucky v2 work great with spread 3 pips or not??????

Excellent work.

Yoorok:
Excellent work.

thanx alot

what is set start or Close Hour on the millenium broker??

Millenium Websitemillenium meta trader DOWNLOAD Link

thanks

JStein:
Some posts above, rdb told us he shares code since first version. So please post code for version 2b, 2c and 3 and explain the strategy (what indicators are used, how are these used and so on). People don't like risk their real money without knowing whats going on. This might be the reason why there are a few people using it live and a lot of people running it with demo account. Edit: ... and these lot of people here are discussing always the same: brokers, spreads, other settings. But nothing about usage of indicators, signals, entry and exit and scalping strategies and so on.

HI, me again. RE my last post about the EA originally being decompiled. I did not mean to silently suggest anything bad about rdb because I do believe he has improved the EA greatly. If I understood the exact trade logic I would exhaust all means possible before abandoning this project. I also do believe in community shared projects but when it comes to MT4 brokers I feel a bitter after taste from my experience when I last used this EA with my broker on my live account, they failed to honour a small percent of my profit levels and waited for the SL to be hit instead - it took over 2 hours for this to happen and there were plenty of times for the profit to have closed the trades out at the set TP, if I had been at the charts at the time I would have closed out the trades myself but after my broker "invesigated" this they claimed they had no wrong doing so I asked them if it was possible server lag was responsible for this and they said that was not possible (they had already upgraded their servers and have multiple dedicated servers for this.) so I then asked if it could have been caused by a liquidity provider and again they said no. Anyway I have had my lesson learned and feel very cautious when trading with any MT4 broker now because like so many others posted on here - they really are bucket shops and I mean that in the traditional sense also - they probably do not even bother to send our orders to any banks at all for the most part so we are trading against ourselves but in a much more limited pool fund so they play dirty to profit, this is what some more senior traders have stated on TSD forums in the past and they may be right to some degree.

The next step to improve this EA is for all rules - entry, exit and no entry rules to be fully disclosed in a clear concise and accurate way for all to understand otherwise this so called "community project" is destined to fail. I am reaming with ideas for improvement but I am not a programmer so my understanding of the trade logic is limited when I look at the mqlcode. This does not mean we cannot propose improvements - should we know the actual trade logic, if not then why waste any more time on this if all we are going to have is bug fixes and a few minor tweaks. This is just my 2 pips, I am not bad mouthing anyone on here at all, I just think we could use time better trading manually even than living in false hope of some EA becoming highly consistent for us when it can't if the market conditions actually limit it.

MadCow:
Yes there is a news indicator, see my previous post. However, without the source you cannot add it.

News calendar attached.

Files:
ffcal.mq4  47 kb

JStein:
That's the problem with this EA: we don't know what happens. This doesn't mean, the EA by itself is bad !! But how should we do a good risk management if we even don't know how Lucky sets it SL ??!! Shall we sit besides our PC the whole night and close trades manually ? So, why an EA ?

yes lets go back to old days when we frist started to learn forex and act all esoterically until it wears off and we wake up to the reality.....

Another EA I am testing on EURGBP (fully automated at all times) is up 47% profit this week with limited draw down using about the same RR as the yourlucky does. The market is not to blame, never blame it. Try different trading and then see your results change. This applies for fully automated EA's semi auto (using confirmation only) or manual trading.

Hi Fsexy,thnaks for your wise advice, it sounds pretty true & sometimes we are self denial, would it be at liberty to mention which EA u are using thatis better than rDb, is it open sourced, willing to share than?

Lucky and the news

I said I would lurk, but I cannot resist. Some members have suggested that news events cause Lucky to make bad trades. I thought so too, so I used an indicator to gather and plot the news events for the last 3 weeks. This indicator can be found here FFcal - Plot News indicator

Download ALL the instructions, and the zip file. Spend an hour or so reading the instructions until you have no questions. Unzip the file and follow the instructions. I cannot answer questions about how to use the indicator, since I am learning.

You can use this indicator to explore the effect of the news on your trades with any EA. I used it on Lucky v2b

Here is an image of yesterdays Lucky trades and the news plotted on the same graph. The trades are shown as arrows and triangles, the news events as circles. The number shows relative importance of the news. It does not appear to me that the news was the cause of the bad trades, though it might have started the trend early. So what was? Undoubtedly the market started to trend earlier than usual. But why did Lucky not exit with a reasonable loss? It would be nice to look for the answer in the code.

Of course there may be other days when the news does cause an early trend. We could head those off using the FFCAL indicator posted by FSEXY post 2612. However, this indicator must be called from within the EA that uses it. That requires the EA be modified. rdb might do that for us...or we might do it ourselves if we had the source for v2b... We cannot expect to avoid all losses. We are trying to predict a very unpredictable price series. But we might do a better job if we put our heads together, and looked at the tests systematically.

I pre-apologize for the size of the image, I am still learning to use this forum.

Files:
luckynews.jpg  301 kb