_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 252

Thanks for your sharing,GOOD LUCK for every one.HeHe.

New thread

nwin,

Good idea, we should enlist benevolent coders (Quicksilverone ?) who no doubt will join this new thread.. should it be on the basis of v1e which rdb has made available to the group and thus became "public" ?

"Improve your_lucky" is quite good and funny

I am seeking the views of other members recently active

Trading on sunday and all day

JStein, agree same with me. Have been demo trading during the day EURUSD, USDCHF, it trades correctly during (Bollinger bars tunnelling/Damiani DO NOT trade indies) but the losses always occur after the Damiani trading period. Not big losses but we could well do without.

This is perhaps the weak area of coding we could improve (if we had the code).

Your views

Time Frame

A good question (earlier, from JStein I think), should we use 5m as advised by rdb or use 15m or 30m; any benefit ?

I would join the new thread

my favorit timeframe is the 5 M....

by the way does Lucky also work with other pairs then gbp-eur? i also like trading eur-usd - but i did'nt found a good ea for that an i'm not so good in programming (but i'm learning it)

v2b pairs

Obit,

From my experience Lucky v2b works with EURUSD, USDCHF with lower spreads, I am trying other pairs as well.

Good pips.

rdb's template

Hello,

statement to the template, rdb delivered in post #1:

- if you open 5min-chart and load this template you get some nice pictures but what you see is not what is used by Lucky, because Lucky uses other timeframes for these indicators. For example the Damiani-Filter is used with timeframe 30min and 15min. So if you see "DO NOT TRADE" on your 5min chart this doesn't neccessary mean this. because the really used timeframes can both show "TRADE".

Same for other indicators. All are used with other timeframes than 5min.

best trimeframe

Obit:
I would join the new thread

my favorit timeframe is the 5 M....

by the way does Lucky also work with other pairs then gbp-eur? i also like trading eur-usd - but i did'nt found a good ea for that an i'm not so good in programming (but i'm learning it)

Because all used indicators use hard-coded timeframes there are only slight diffrences between the timeframe you run this Lucky.

Thunder too!

If a new thread is started, perhaps it should consider Thunder as well. I would vote for a thread to develop an EA as open-source with somewhat more rigorous organization, testing and code development than most threads on this forum. But that's just my 2 bits.

I have modified the public version of Thunder available on the first post so that it works with MBT and to fix a few errors like the divide by zero, and have been testing it against Lucky and FAPT on both MBT and ATC demos. Thunder seems to have greater potential than either FAPT or Lucky. Trading fixed lots in all three for the last month has resulted in return for Lucky (155 trades) about 2* return for FAPT (39 trades), and return for Thunder(300 trades) about 2* return for Lucky. This varies depending on the broker, but not much. FAPT has least drawdown, Lucky has the most. There have been enough trades so that a comparison has some validity. During the trading, I adjusted the hours and corrected to treat Fridays correctly for MBT and ATC, and I missed a day or two and MBT has some problems with data on their demo, so the test is not as rigorous as one might like. However, I think Thunder should be considered. I could not modify the version of Lucky that is public to make it work as well as v2b, so I prefer to work with Thunder that is public and works better than 2b.

I would post the modified Thunder source, but I do not have permission to upload files. If someone will post for me, I will email to them. (I do not have permission to PM either). Or I can post on another Forum and give the URL here.

I am an engineer, not a professional programmer. For almost 50 years, I have used code to help design signal processing systems, then turned the algorithm over to pro's for coding. I learned that coding must consider many possibilities for errors that non-pro's do not consider, and software released without proper QC will eventually lead to problems, so help from a pro is necessary.

Some things that need to be added:

1. Modularity for ease in collaborative efforts to improve algorithm.

2. Error handling

3. Include news indicator to halt trading before news events.

4. Test alternative filters such as Damiani_Volt and i_trend (Thunder has no filters other than fractals)

5. Must be many others.

I think that nothing is lost by sharing the source, except the possibility to exploit the EA commercially. If the EA is the result of collaboration, then none should exploit it.

problems with multiple EAs

Next topic:

- it seems, that Lucky calculates the time for opening a new trade from the last opened trade, nevertheless if this isits own or opened by other EA or manually. This will also happen if you use Lucky with different currencies.

The result is sometimes a delay in opening trades or not opening trades.

(No problem if only one instance of Lucky is running.)