My simple 20 pips. - page 20

Trader83:
When I enter CalculatedBars=5000 in order to backtest the strategy, StepMA's signals shift. Is it possible to overcome that problem? Does anybody tried to make an EA based on that strategy?

Yesterday I was trying to figure how to go about re-coding this StepMA because it is really in-efficient the way it's done now. I also realised what you discovered - signals shift when you change CalculatedBars. It would be hard to explain in a few words why this is but I will say that were you to recode it 'effeciently' it would not draw exactly the same as the 'original' - and you would have people saying it didn't work properly.... I'll have a go at it anyway because it really irritates me as it is.

So... For today another small 20 pips.

Not bad for this week.

Totals pips = 90 pips.

I give up for today.

I comme back tomorow or maby this evening. (check some news)

And remember I'm on SKYPE at 2am (est) every trading day.

http://ui.skype.com/ui/0/3.0.0.198/fr/publicchats-join?skypename=info-plus&topic=Trading%20on%20Forex&blob=ZjsXD2mZP31GKf0tJQUR-SW1_4GSeUaeexJJ7gGp5Odu3A2UDk1uI6mn46AOMKylAp8

Please send me a comment in SKYPE like this : Hello I am PipeTrader (nick mane on TSD) an I love 4X!

When I see that I accept you on my chat room...

PipeTrader.

PipeTrader Safer v2

Am having good demo results using PipeTrader_Safer_v2 using EURUSD & GBPUSD M30 with default settings.

Thanks PipeTrader for the plan and omelette for the EA.

John

Files:
pts1.htm  12 kb
pts1.gif  5 kb

To yeoeleven,

Hi!

Am having good demo results using PipeTrader_Safer_v2 using EURUSD & GBPUSD M30 with default settings.

Thanks PipeTrader for the plan and omelette for the EA.

John

Does this EA work like indicator by omelette?

Have you tried PipeTrader_Safer_v4?

Hello PipeTrader, can u give one thread full explanation about your indicator like this link

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175290/page52

version v2 or v4

Trader83:
To yeoeleven,

Hi!

Does this EA work like indicator by omelette?

Have you tried PipeTrader_Safer_v4?

I had missed the v4 version but reading the differences it may not be appropriate for my $18000 demo account which is trading 1. unit lots. I have now downloaded it had attached it over the v2 in case there were any other modifications.

As far as the indicator I have downloaded it and placed it into the indicators file. How it works I have no idea I do not put the indicators on the chart just rely on the EA to do it's job.

John

PipeTrader:
I think everybody lost this trade. (EA an Manualy.)

It's just before a big news.. When I see the news scedule for 4:30 I move my stop to 20 pips..

-20 pips for now !

PipeTrader.

Hi PipeTrader,

Yup. Lost the position before the news. But it gave another signal after the news and I took it as well. Currently, still holding the position.

PipeTrader:
I think everybody lost this trade. (EA an Manualy.)

It's just before a big news.. When I see the news scedule for 4:30 I move my stop to 20 pips..

-20 pips for now !

PipeTrader.

Yes, me too.

On the first signal, I took buy position & lost -50 pips .. hehe silly me.

I should notice there is news coming.

Took the second signal ( sell position ) and closing out +2 pips due to news coming out

Sayonara to all of my 50 pips .... hik hik hik