My simple 20 pips. - page 25

omelette:
I would just like to point out that whether a signal is generated or not can vary from broker to broker - see pics. below. Note NortFinance didn't have a Buy signal today whereas FXDD did. This is because ForceIndex itself uses volume in its calculations and this varies from broker to broker.

Hello Omelette !

Try to play whit the level of force index. Maby on NorthFinance is at 2.5 or 3.2 etc...

Thats for why I love this indicator. It is not like a pivot or support where all the traders check this level.. Every body go short or long at the same place and same time.

PipeTrader

PipeTrader:
Hello Omelette !

Try to play whit the level of force index. Maby on NorthFinance is at 2.5 or 3.2 etc...

Thats for why I love this indicator. It is not like a pivot or support where all the traders check this level.. Every body go short or long at the same place and same time.

PipeTrader

Yes, that is a very good point plus its stops a strategy becoming in-effective through too many people using it.

Anyway, I tried coding the feature you requested but hit a slight snag. The only way to display text in the 'Chart Shift' area is to create an 'OBJ_LABEL' which is placed using X & Y coordinates (an OBJ_TEXT will drop it on the signal...). Unfortunately, MT does not provide a way of determining the screen width in pixels so these have to be set by the user. The values I have preset look fine on my notebook PC but will probably be way off for higher resolution setups. I have also included a 'FI_DisplayValue_On' option so it is not necessary to set anything if left off. It can be found at post #127. Anyway, check it out and note any problems.

omelette:
Yes, that is a very good point plus its stops a strategy becoming in-effective through too many people using it. Anyway, I tried coding the feature you requested but hit a slight snag. The only way to display text in the 'Chart Shift' area is to create an 'OBJ_LABEL' which is placed using X & Y coordinates (an OBJ_TEXT will drop it on the signal...). Unfortunately, MT does not provide a way of determining the screen width in pixels so these have to be set by the user. The values I have preset look fine on my notebook PC but will probably be way off for higher resolution setups. I have also included a 'FI_DisplayValue_On' option so it is not necessary to set anything if left off. It can be found at post #127. Anyway, check it out and note any problems.

You'r the best !

Thanks a lot...

Work fine at FI_Value_X = 400 on my screen.

Take a look,

PipeTrader

Files:
new.gif  20 kb

I have added a couple indicators that I like under the force and the step. When I add the indicators the Arrows in the price no longer plot. Everything else seems to be working. Any thoughts? Thanks.....

Hello Mr. Omelette

I think the value you put on the FI not update ?

Thanks for all.

PipeTrader.

Verry sorry ... I make a big mistake. I forget to put on the display !

Forget It...

Files:
oups.gif  16 kb

omelette:
Yes, that is a very good point plus its stops a strategy becoming in-effective through too many people using it. Anyway, I tried coding the feature you requested but hit a slight snag. The only way to display text in the 'Chart Shift' area is to create an 'OBJ_LABEL' which is placed using X & Y coordinates (an OBJ_TEXT will drop it on the signal...). Unfortunately, MT does not provide a way of determining the screen width in pixels so these have to be set by the user. The values I have preset look fine on my notebook PC but will probably be way off for higher resolution setups. I have also included a 'FI_DisplayValue_On' option so it is not necessary to set anything if left off. It can be found at post #127. Anyway, check it out and note any problems.

Thanks again omelette !!

PipeTrader:
Hello Mr. Omelette

I think the value you put on the FI not update ?

Thanks for all.

PipeTrader.

Verry sorry ... I make a big mistake. I forget to put on the display !

Forget It...

Hello PipeTrader,

I check your chart, it seems You have used 15 minutes chart as well. Do You put 15 minutes chart as filter to confirm a trade ?

Thanks again for sharing this system.

hi guys, how i can get this value on the FI ?

400396:
hi guys, how i can get this value on the FI ?

use the following parameters :

fi_value_x = 300

fi_displayvalue_on = true

dont forget to download the latest version from post #127

Question

There has been 2 longs called on gbp this morning both stopped out with lost and now a short is that correct?