MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1672

I just downloaded the "Fibo_Pivot_Lines_GMT" Indicator and i'm tryingto use it in an expert advisor. MY CODE: FIBO=iCustom(NULL,0,"Fibo_Pivot_Lines_GMT",MODE_?,0); Question: What "MODE" do i use in order to return FR3, FR2, FR1, PIVOT,FS1, FS2, FS3 (that are set by the indicator)? I'm using...
[Deleted]
Does the chart periodicity have any effect on a running expert advisor?
Can someone tell me who created the "Daytrading" EA and where is therea thread that talks about it in depth!!! thnx
[Deleted]
can anybody tell me how to create an arrow on a price chart when a particular conditionis met. for eg... if the ADX value isl less than +DI there should be an arrow on the pricechart at this particular price. I am tryin to use ObjectCreate("arrowi",OBJ_ARROW,0,timeofbar,0) but its of no use....
  Quick help  (2)
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| VlineTime. mq4 | //| | //| | //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ #property copyright "whodat" #property link "medat" #property indicator_chart_window int LonOpen=945;...
Hello, Would it be possible to get a better sample or at least more documentation on theDLL sample that you do provide? For instance: What the heck are the printf functions in the .cpp code doing? They don't seemto do anything... Can you debug custom DLL's while working with MT4? Maybe using...
Does any one know if it is possible to display two currency pair in the same chartwindow? Any help appreciated.
We are working on a new terminal for Smartphones. Here are the first pictures ofnew terminal.
Greetings, I am facing the following problem: I created an expert advisor and a custom indicator designed to work together. However,when I try to access the indicator's data from the expert by using the iCustom function, I am unable to get any values other than zero. Here's the headers for the...
[Deleted]
I am new to MQL programming , I am in the process of creating an EA and I need tohave the following user defined variables i.e (Lots, StopLoss, TakeProfit3,TakeProfit1,TakeProfit2, TrailingStop) is it possible to have more variables than the fourstandard user-defined variables in MQL i.e (Lots,...
No, it doesn't exist yet, but I thought I would create it if no-one else has. The idea is this: any automatic system using 1M, 5M and 15M timeframes is ambushed by news events. If your system typically takes only 5 pips then its stoploss will be trampled by a 100 pip adverse move from payrolls! A...
In chart options, there is the ability to fix the scale as it currently is set orto fix the chart scale at 1 pip vertical for 1 bar horizontal. Certain tools, the ellipse, for example, work better on a chart with a fixed scale. The 1:1 setting is not very useful at higher time frames, as the...
[Deleted]
I'm struggling with understanding how to count bars and objects. I see bars arecounted right to left (present to past) by default and I know how to count objectsbased on their insertion order index (which isn't always past to present on manuallyinserted objects). However, I don't know how to count...
I am sure of having the solution to automate the process in a sure way but I don't know the programming MQL4. I need a programmer and to associate with the one to develop the process. Are you able to me to contact me with somebody and to sign an agreement? If they want to contact me my email...
[Deleted]
The code below is my attempt to delete all arrow objects on the chart which do nottouch a price bar. When I comment out ..., the script accurately Printsall objects which do and do not match the criteria as expected. However, when Iuncomment ObjectDelete, the arrow objects which should get deleted...
[Deleted]
Is there any documentation on which function calls are able to be handled from yourlocal machine and which require a round trip to the server. Recently, in a veryfast moving (gaping also) market, on one platform the spread widened dramatically.My calculations used the original spread and thus were...
Hi, I have a question about using the control points method and Every Tick method duringtesting my MQL4 coding. When I use the control points method, then the results is every good. But whenI used the Every Tick method, then the result is very bad. I assume that Every Tick method is closest...
request 1. So, on Monday on August, 20th 2001 in 9:00 mornings across Moscow quotationEUR/USD was 0,9175. Which time is that for MetaTrader 4 Alpari? 2. So, on Monday on July, 31th 2006 in 9:00 mornings across Moscow quotation EUR/USDwas ? Which time and quotation is that for MetaTrader 4...
I am new to this trading thing and would like some help I have been using another pieceof software but keep having various issues. So here I am. Any way I have beensearching for the above indicator but no success is there anyone out therethat has coded this. I am looking to use this in the same was...
[Deleted]
Hello I encountered this problem, could any one please help? I'm working on MAs of m30 or H1 or H4. As we all know, the value of last bar isobtained online from current bid price before the bar is closed. so before thisbar is closed, the value of indicator(here MA) is changed many times. What...
I'M TRYING TO USE "DAY TRADER" AND "STARTER" EA AND IM NOT GETTINGANY ENTRIES. I HAVE THE HAPPY FACE ON BOTH. AM I MISSING SOMETHING? THNX
[Deleted]
Does anyone know exactly what happens with a call to function like OrdersTotal(). If I need to know how many open orders I have, it appears that I would haveto make this call every tick. If it is a very fast moving market and I make anextra round trip to the server with each tick, this seems like it...
[Deleted]
string name1; double normprice; for(int i=0;i<ObjectsTotal();i++) { name1=ObjectName(i); normprice=ObjectGet(ObjectName(i),NormalizeDouble(OBJPROP_PRICE1,4)); Print("Object #"+i+" name is "+"\""+name1+"\" and price is "+normprice); What's wrong with the code above? It's not...
[Deleted]
Hello,all. I am build an auto system, In the strategy tester, in m30, the system is very well.But in m1 m15 h1,the system is very badly. I don'tunderstand why? Everyone who can help me? Now I am very worry my system is not well. Thanks.
[Deleted]
double var1=0.123456789; Print(NormalizeDouble(var1,5)); // output: 0.12346 The example above is taken from the description of NormalizeDouble in the docs.Two problems with this. 1. The output is NOT 0.12346 as indicated but rather 0.1235. 2. Changing the precision value does NOT work on...
[Deleted]
does it work i cant get it to make anything but ski slopes and every now and thena avalanche will roll down but every test regaurdless of the setings i get thesame results.
Dear Fellow traders & advisors I am relitively new to the trading environment and would like some advise on something. I played around with the Expert advisors provided in MetaEditor. The ones for MA& MACD seems "fine". I managed to load that onto the chart and runsome tests with it using the...
[Deleted]
hi i need a charity programmer who is willing to work in conjunction with me. ihave some very specific ideas and would like to create a profit winning expertadvisor that every one would like to use. please provide your details includingyour email address so i can get in touch with you. this will...
[Deleted]
Is there a keyboard shortcut to comment a selected block of code in MetaEditor?
  Blockbuster EA  (42   1 2 3 4 5)
hi all, i found this ea on yahoo metatrader group. The backtest is amazing ! i started forward testing it on H1 TF. Hope some one can evaluate as well