MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1678

Introduction Any expert can be tested on history data. After the expert has been tested, thesummarized expert testing results and some key characteristics are displayed inthe "Report" tab. Reports allow comparing to each other both variousexperts and the working results of the same expert with...
i just wondering , do you guys expert get money on coding any indicator / EA forfree ? maybe a silly question ,but i really wonder ^_^
I was reading Price_Channel_v6-ea thread and found interesting EA: PriceChannelExpert_v4.mq4. I created some pre-set files for GBPUSD, D1 timeframe. And, for the people who like backtesting I did sme backtesting: Preset file #1, without MM. GBPUSD . Every tick, modeling quality 90%, since 04th of
  Strange Updates by IBFX  (14   1 2)
Has anyone noticed the strange new updates from IBFX? Its odd, since I am more than 321 pips in profits for two days..... Anyway, If I were u guys, I would block in my firewall the MetaEDITOR. There is no need for that to access the web. Moreover, I ran some complex algo's and found a bandwidth leak...
How to call a custom indicator inside an expert ? take by example the zigzag indicador
Found this fractal EA on a russian forum. It works correctly only when the are set to Lots=1. I was thinking if there is a possibility to convert it to micro lots Eg I need to place trades as 0.01 and 0.1 lots (it places 2 trades Lot and Lot x 10) Of course any other modification like MM, will be
[Deleted]
I have a situation where the following line: OrderSelect(ticket, SELECT_BY_TICKET, MODE_HISTORY) returns true when I pass it the ticket number of a trade that is a currently openposition. That is not right, is it?
Is it possible for a new tick to interrupt an EA already in progress? If possible,is it probable? If an EA is running and a new tick comes in, is the original run cut off and a newrun started, or does it complete the execution of the first run first? If the new tick will cause the first run to be...
[Deleted]
Hi all, Anyone using Visual basic dll for interfacing to MT4? How to call it? Am getting frustated, or is it have to be C++ dll could only run in MT expert /script? please advise... Thanks in advance. vb code (cFunction.cls) -> cFunction.dll Public Function MergeChar(sFirstChar As String,...
I just read somewhere in the forum that IBFX demands that a position be opened at least 3 minutes - else - they will close the account of any scalping ea. I use several Brokers, amongst = Oanda, and I can categorically say that Oanda has declared in writing to me that I can open as many trades, and
My first post. I´am trying to write some script but my knowlegde of the Metaquotes Language are very limited because I havebeen using for only a week. So, my question is: Is there any way to change the bar color depending on the two indicators values? It´s possible? Using the Awesome Oscillator...
I've manually backtested this EA on USD/JPY, EUR/JPY, GBP/USD, and USD/CHF. I don't find that it works very well on other pairs, but for these four it seems to work well. What I need changed is the cross. I need it to only make the trades on true cross and not a fake cross. I think the EA is sep...
Hi, Here's one of mine that I like a lot. It's a very SIMPLE strategy. EMA Crossovers. I've tried heaps of others out there on the internet, but this one is a little better. I never coded this but paid to have it done, but I'm not 100% happy with it, though it does have HUGE potential if a few...
Hi all, I was just wondering, what EA's are you having success with at the moment from those listed here? What settings did you alter to configure it? How profitable is it? Reason I ask, is I'm not sure why it says 3000+ pips per month here made by the varity of EA's that "work". I've ran...
Is it possible on one MA to apply another MA? Ex.: double var=iMA(NULL, 0, 3, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 0) One MA is "var", now on this MA to apply another MA? Ex.: double var1=iMA(NULL, 0, var, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 0) , what I need is MA Period also, is any way to call this second MA on this...
What else can be done (besides color) with the arrows made by the order function? I like the arrow, with lines for SL and TP. But, I have a client who wants a linefor buy, another for sell and another for profit. Can this be done with the orderfunction's arrow field, or do I need to build them from...
[Deleted]
  Sleep() on Loss  (3)
Hi all, What I 'm trying to achieve is that I don't want the EA to enter on the same bar that it took a lost. I can't figure it out.How would one do to put EA on sleep() for like 10 minutes if last trade was a lost? Help would be appreciated. Thanks. Maxime Chartrand.
I read many reports on Intraday exhustion of currency movements. The idea works mainly for GBP/usd : After the currency makes a day H and aday L - check for mid/end Us/Euro Session - if the currency retraced more than 50% of the last H/L - it will not come back to it in the same day. Agood way to...
[Deleted]
Hello, I've installed MT4 and it works well when I use may private ISP. But at my office, it doesn't work despite I gave it my proxy adresse and port number. Could anyone help me please? Thanks Mena
how can i get get those data which we can see in the Market Watch window? thankyou!!!
[Deleted]
  creating a file  (1)
Just start to write my own EA and the second line give me already trouble :/ string fileName = Symbol() + "Test.txt"; int x1 = MessageBox(fileName ,"deBug",MB_OK); int ret = FileOpen(fileName,FILE_CSV|FILE_READ,';'); if (ret < 1) { ret = GetLastError(); } int x2 = MessageBox(DoubleToStr(...
  Dlm 1.1  (19   1 2)
hi i found an EA called DLM posted at Talkgold... http://rapidshare.de/files/18030650/dlm11.zip.html TakeProfit=35; Lots=0.1; StopLoss=0; TrailingStop=20; MaxTrades=7; Pips=21; SecureProfit=9; AccountProtection=1; AllSymbolsProtect=0; OrderstoProtect=7; ReverseCondition=0; StartYear=2005;...
[Deleted]
I don't know mql4 so I can't write it or know if its possible. If you do write it,let me know!
[Deleted]
Hello !! I have a Expert Advisors based on a indicator. I would like reset my indicator at close for each bar of the current chart becausei modify the three last bar of my indicator and i need to reset (redraw) my indicator. thank you Bedaine
[Deleted]
I am writting a custom indicator using iBarShift to select the bars to anylize.When I use the following code to implement the iBarShift() funtion it returns 4999no matter what datetime I use. The only change that i have made to the chart is under Tools-Options->MaxBars on chart was change from the...
I know C/C++ and find the syntax of MQL4 to be compatible with C, However thereare annoying differences such as not being able to do a pre decrement operator(--pos), etc. How do you pass arguments to functions that modify the arguments. In C you canuse pointers and in C++ you can additionally use a...
  Contest  (222   1 2 3 4 5 ... 22 23)
Hi Newdigital, when can we see the situation of EAs? For me (but I think for everybody) may be a useful idea to make a real-time statement of EAs like, for example, Profit Generator. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173795 So we can follow and study the performance every 15 minutes. bye felix
Is there a way to create (unless one already exists) a script that can be run to close all open trades of all currencies? When one is testing an EA over multiple pairs (the ability to open trades), one needs to "reset" so that there aren't open trades. Is there a way to create a script that can do...
In functions that reference the bar, just what is used on [0]? For example, what is Close[0]? I would expect it is the current price (bid?).However, my EA isn't behaving that way, so maybe it's something else? Another example, the MA function iMA(.....,0) where that '0' refers to the current bar...
  composite types  (1)
Does mql has any support for composite types like c struct, pascal record, or evena class ?