MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 842

[Deleted]
Hi, I realize some Brokers also offer options trading on equities, currency pairs, etc, and am wondering, in MetaTrader4, is it possible to also "execute"/strike on these options, or is it only possible to trade the options, without using the "actual" functionality of the option itself? Thanks!
[Deleted]
Which is your favourite trend. Bearish or bullish trend?
[Deleted]
Hi, straight-forward question: Does the strategy tester automatically take into account rollover credits/debits, on exchange pairs? I have an EA that is very simple, and only places a market order (OrderSend()), if and when specific conditions apply. For example, for GBPUSD, in the strategy tester,...
I'm trying to add some external var so i can change the colors on the indicator lines. #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 5 #property indicator_color1 Black #property indicator_color2 Blue #property indicator_color3 Red #property indicator_color4 DodgerBlue #property...
Hello guys. I made an indicator from KST Indicator, which consists on the sustraction of KST minus its 9 period EMA. The code is very simple, but as I have 0 idea of programming, I had to make from looking at other indicators code. I finally made the indicator as I wished but there is one problem
[Deleted]
There are several topics on this already but they usually explain differences in ATR values between various trading platforms, I can't get the correct values with MT4's own downloaded data. I saved MT4 chart as .csv file and calculated ATR according to rules on this page: http://stockcharts...
Hope someone might clarify these 2 quick questions for me: What is the difference between the Bid price and Close[i] during the current bar? And also I had a blank chart with a single 20 Period Exponential Applied to Close Moving Average on it. The chart was an Index Chart (Australian Share Price...
I have installed recently MT4 Version 4.00 Build 451 on a Window 7 64 bit machine. Strangely enough on this platform when setting expert advisor either to the chart or when placing expert advisor to strategy tester the inputs tab is missing.   I have this same version and build parallel on a windows...
[Deleted]
hi can somebody tell me how to create the object of arrow because what i have done is not working?the object are creating as i see on the object list but cant able to see on the chart whenever the condition met ObjectCreate("Buy"+j, OBJ_ARROW,winIndex,Time[0],Open[0],Time[0]...
[Deleted]
Does someone know how to obtain tick by tick data from Oanda for free given that I have an academic affiliation? I understood that it's one of the most reliable sources of free data, but I don't know how to proceed to get the data: open a demo account and they will ask if I am in academia or what?...
Hi! Iam a newbie in the EA-programming-business. I built an EA made backtests and did a little bit analysis in excel. And i saw that this strategy makes with a higher percentage 2 losses and then comes again a winningtrade. So now my question: Is it possibile to built a filter/indicator or...
[Deleted]
Hello, I know that I can move to a specified date by hitting Enter, typing dd.mm.yy and hitting enter, however this positions that specific candle at the far left of the screen showing many newer candles. Is there a way that I can move to the specified candle so that it is at the far right,...
[Deleted]
Suppose I want to know the profit an order will give me when the price reaches a certain value I will give the example of a specific order: A buy order for the eurgbp symbol buy price=0.8585; lots=0.1; leverage=100; swap=0.017; commission=0 At first I thought it would be something like:...
[Deleted]
Hi, I have not used MQL or MetaTrader in a while, but, for now, decided to have a look at it again, so I am starting back at the basics, to get back into it. I have an expertadvisor a.mql4, whose start function looks like this (for testing): int start()  {//----   int i = 0;   Print("hi");...
[Deleted]
Newbie here, I was fooling around with the insert - indicators - custom settings and got my chart all cluttered up, now I don't know how to remove or reverse the changes. Can anyone help? Ha ha ha never mind, I fooled around some more and found the answer (click on the chart itself in exactly the
Hi, I am using wininet.dll to pass some data from my webserver to mt4. Everything is working as it should I do however once in a while get the following error message: "function 'InternetReadFile' call from dll 'wininet.dll' critical error c0000005 at 763A1285." When I get this message the response...
Hi, I've an horrible problem that suddenly happened this morning and I can't fix it: When I launch the MT4 terminal all my .ex4 EA files are automatically deleted. Of course, if I shut-down the terminal and just compile from MetaEditor, everything is fine EX4 are well in the expert folder. If I...
[Deleted]
good day, may i know how do i : Get Trade ID / Order ID while doing open position / new order (not pending order).Get Pending Order ID while doing pending order. Get trade / position listing information include Order ID, Time, Type, Size, Symbol, S/L, T/P, Price, Swap, Profit.Get Account History...
Hi guys, I am looking to improve my EA to try to let the profits run a little further. At the moment the TP is set at the time of trade entry along with the stop. Part of the entry signal is a simple MA crossover, so hoping to use the same MA's to exit. For a sell trade for example... What I would...
[Deleted]
I have added a web chat room to my trading website. It works pretty well also on mobile, I can add graphs images and videos. But it is not letting me integrate my user base (I have around 800 users). I checked both RumbleTalk chat and c-box chat but than the lack of 3rd party users integration is a
Hi, I can insert the arrow fine in the M1 EUR/USD in which the EA runs. I run the ea to generate a .HST file containing the ticks and show that information in an offline chart. When I tell it to show the arrow object in the current window it shows fine. When I tell it to create the object in the...
Hey, Folks Some of you have corresponded with me in previous threads and may remember me saying that I wouldn't come with questions unless I needed to. I guess the time has come. I've been working on an indicator that I plan to sell and have encountered a situation that I can't find a way to remedy....
[Deleted]
Hi, I have a script with a while (true) loop attached to a chart. When I save this environment to a profile, the information about the script attached will not be saved in the profile. I.e. when reloading that profile, the script won't be attached to the chart. Is there a workaround for that? Thanx...
[Deleted]
  mothlymedian,weeklymedian  (14   1 2)
Hi can somebody tell me how to find the mothly as well as weekly previous median in mql4? Thanks
  -1.#IND error  (12   1 2)
there is this custom indicator whenever i call it it gets the following value -1.#IND. I checked the corresponding value by cntrl+D there in the data window the value seems to be fine and the indicator is coming out just fine in the indicator window. the indicator has 3 buffers, 0,1&2. while...
[Deleted]
. Hi to all! :) I've got an EA that works with pending orders. While the pair is going down the EA put some pending (buy) orders in the medium-term resistances created... then, when the pair goes up those pending (buy) orders are open when the price reach each order! And it does the inverse for the...
//List is defines as list of double values//I store the data -> I checked //A and B are just simplification and in my code they are names of constants for beter readability of codeeventList[A][B] = VAR1; //VAR1 = 4.0//than I check valueif(eventList[A][B] > 0.0){ //TRUE}else { //FALSE} //Problem...
Hello, i would like to know if there maybe exists any open source EA, which read signlas (strings) from web (html page) and then automaticly make orders from html string. Duke
Hi, I want to apply ALFA.mql EA on GBPUSD M1 chart, BRAVO.mql EA on GBPUSD M30 chart, and no EA on the GBPUSD M5, M15, etc... Can anyone explain me how can I do that? TIA !
Hi all, I've only been coding for a week but have found my way around most things i want to do so far. However this one particular seemingly simple task is causing me no end of grief. i have searched this site and web and found various different solutions all of which i have attempted to make work....